[Merged] The Official Canada Goose Authenticity / Legit Check Thread

Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1138 posts
969 upvotes
Toronto :)
Jimboski wrote:
Jan 4th, 2012 3:09 am
But you have so many jackets for sale. I'll take a CG If you want - How does that sound?

maybe :D but ill give one to senchao first............. cuz he teaches me valuable lessons :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9958 posts
844 upvotes
zumi78878 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2012 3:24 am
maybe :D but ill give one to senchao first............. cuz he teaches me valuable lessons :lol:

1 thing I have to give it to you, Zumi, despite all those hatre, at least you don't sell fakes. So that's good.

If you dont mind me asking, how old are you? (just age range, under 20, under 25, etc), I remember trying to do a little business when I was in highschool and oh man, it was tough. lol

good for you if you can make it work tho.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1138 posts
969 upvotes
kingofwale wrote:
Jan 4th, 2012 10:22 am
1 thing I have to give it to you, Zumi, despite all those hatre, at least you don't sell fakes. So that's good.

If you dont mind me asking, how old are you? (just age range, under 20, under 25, etc), I remember trying to do a little business when I was in highschool and oh man, it was tough. lol

good for you if you can make it work tho.

Oh I'm under 20 :)
Actually, I've started doing this venture stuff like 2 years ago and surprisingly, I've made actually a lot of money, probably a good 10Gs. And no, I don't borrow my parents money to buy goose, I use my own. I just started selling goose jackets this year.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44618 posts
3348 upvotes
Toronto
zumi78878 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2012 2:49 pm
Oh I'm under 20 :)
Actually, I've started doing this venture stuff like 2 years ago and surprisingly, I've made actually a lot of money, probably a good 10Gs. And no, I don't borrow my parents money to buy goose, I use my own. I just started selling goose jackets this year.

Remember the split Is 50/50, Send that money over here..
Banned
Nov 24, 2011
247 posts
16 upvotes
CHARLESBOURG
zumi78878 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2012 2:49 pm
oh i'm under 20 :)
actually, i've started doing this venture stuff like 2 years ago and surprisingly, i've made actually a lot of money, probably a good 10gs. and no, i don't borrow my parents money to buy goose, i use my own. I just started selling goose jackets this year.

baller alert.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
761 upvotes
Dildo
What other ventures have you done? For someone who has made $10k already from side businesses, it doesn't seem like flipping jackets is a very effective way to accomplish it.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1138 posts
969 upvotes
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Jan 4th, 2012 3:38 pm
What other ventures have you done? For someone who has made $10k already from side businesses, it doesn't seem like flipping jackets is a very effective way to accomplish it.

mhmm quite a bit of stuff actually. headphones, cell phones, ipods, jeans (like TR and nudies) and etc. and no, the stuff are not fake. i have connections with the nudies and TR factories :)

and from flipping goose, ive actually made a surprising amount. just gonna say its over 2Gs ;) and within like 2-3 months ish, its actually not bad. doing it as a side thing.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
761 upvotes
Dildo
How much time and work do you estimate you put into the sale of each one, and what is the average profit margin of each one?

My two jackets sold tonight, the Resolute for $363.12 and the Snow Mantra for $330.00. Quite honestly I was expecting much more on the Snow Mantra considering it is in MUCH better shape and isn't missing the "Grabber" air-activated warmers. Oh well, total profit on the Resolute is $363.12 - $150.00 = $213.12 and the total profit on the Snow Mantra is $330.00 - $200.00 = $130.00. And I had GOOD photos and a detailed description for both. Oh well, fun while it lasted and anything to help pay off the ol' mortgage a bit faster. Total time invested... one trip out to the seller's house each to buy each cheap jacket, a couple hours one afternoon to snap photos to my satisfaction, a few hours one afternoon to edit photos, and an hour one evening to list on eBay with detailed description and photos.

I swear, playing blackjack was much easier.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44618 posts
3348 upvotes
Toronto
Jan 4th, 2012 8:53 pm
How much time and work do you estimate you put into the sale of each one, and what is the average profit margin of each one?

My two jackets sold tonight, the Resolute for $363.12 and the Snow Mantra for $330.00. Quite honestly I was expecting much more on the Snow Mantra considering it is in MUCH better shape and isn't missing the "Grabber" air-activated warmers. Oh well, total profit on the Resolute is $363.12 - $150.00 = $213.12 and the total profit on the Snow Mantra is $330.00 - $200.00 = $130.00. And I had GOOD photos and a detailed description for both. Oh well, fun while it lasted and anything to help pay off the ol' mortgage a bit faster. Total time invested... one trip out to the seller's house each to buy each cheap jacket, a couple hours one afternoon to snap photos to my satisfaction, a few hours one afternoon to edit photos, and an hour one evening to list on eBay with detailed description and photos.

Were splitting 50/50 right? Hook It up!
Jan 21, 2011
180 posts
8 upvotes
Jan 4th, 2012 8:53 pm

Haha don't you have to also factor in eBay listing fees (9%) and PayPal fees (4%) and possibly shipping fees?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
761 upvotes
Dildo
Ahh, Christ, I forgot about those fees. :facepalm: :lol: You can tell I don't sell often on eBay. :lol:

Shipping is $30 each on top of the final sale price, so those values I gave above were independent of shipping.

Oh, also forgot to disclose the time spent watching the used market (sites like Kijiji and eBay) looking for deals, which is probably a few minutes per day and every day, and I haven't found anything good/low since these two jackets. I like browsing Kijiji and eBay daily anyway, so it's not a big deal.

If zumi is making substantial coin doing this, more power to him. For me, I already have a good job and don't have the time to necessarily do this on the scale he's doing it.