Fashion & Beauty

[Merged] The Official Canada Goose Authenticity / Legit Check Thread

Deal Guru
User avatar
Aug 20, 2012
12127 posts
1809 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
umz1993 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 7:08 pm
Hi there,

Are you suggesting that the images of the jacket I posted is fake?

Canada goose authenticated it on Twitter for me earlier today but just for future clarity, can you expand on your points please.

Thank you
LOL, just ignore the post. If CG says it's real that's all you need. Besides I see a few points in that post that is incorrect. Good luck. ;)
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Newbie
Nov 1, 2007
76 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
VanDerSchuur wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 2:54 pm
Concerning the "classic camo" jackets above; (1) Stacked labels inside with a baby blue downmark label. These, in combination with the fat maple leaf and www.canadagoose.com format in the neck label. (2) No front page indicating model, size and cut on the label stack inside the jacket. (3) A removable fur. (4) A TEI 3 label on a TEI 5 Chilliwack jacket. (5) A relatively bold font used on the size label in the neck "M/M".

These facts would keep me form buying the jackets.

If you would ask for measurement for these jackets, and would compare those to the official measurement guide here, http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aata_pr ... ce/MWE.jpg -- you will likely learn that the above jackets are far smaller than the original jackets i.e. Asian sizing.
There are many things that you're wrong about the Chiliwack jacket and also the CG brand. First of all, the baby blue down tags do appear to be real, I've seen it on both Banff and Chateau parka. Second of all, the fat maple leaf and the 'www.canadagoose.com' is on my authentic Trillium and Rossclair parka, this is how the new neck labels look like. Thirdly, the Chiliwack is a TEI 3, not a TEI 5. Expedition, Resolute and Snow Mantra are examples of TEI 5 parkas.
Newbie
Jan 10, 2017
8 posts
It is indeed TEI 3. I still think the baby blue downmark label IN COMBINATION WITH the recent format neck label is a reason to worry. The light blue color downmark label is an old format. Missing the front page is also an issue. A zipper on the fur is also an issue.

The jacket above your post to deemed fake has the exact same label format. Baby blue downmark label, no front page and the same reg. no.

Missing the front page might occur as an anomaly in manufacturing. You however will not see three jackets in a row, with the same reg. no. all having that same rare anomaly. The reason you would see this is very simple. This label format is what these counterfeit manufacturers use and all three are fake jackets.

You can tell me anything about authenticating it on Twitter. You might be the seller of this jacket for all I know (umz, umar). I am just warning you. Don't waste your money. I promise the size will be off. Maybe finding that out at -650 pounds will convince you.

The last of the jackets states "CANDA GOOSE" and "ARCTIC PRGRNM" on the label sachet.
Newbie
Nov 1, 2007
76 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
VanDerSchuur wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 9:09 pm
It is indeed TEI 3. I still think the baby blue downmark label IN COMBINATION WITH the recent format neck label is a reason to worry. The light blue color downmark label is an old format. Missing the front page is also an issue. A zipper on the fur is also an issue.

The jacket above your post to deemed fake has the exact same label format. Baby blue downmark label, no front page and the same reg. no.

Missing the front page might occur as an anomaly in manufacturing. You however will not see three jackets in a row, with the same reg. no. all having that same rare anomaly. The reason you would see this is very simple. This label format is what these counterfeit manufacturers use and all three are fake jackets.

You can tell me anything about authenticating it on Twitter. You might be the seller of this jacket for all I know (umz, umar). I am just warning you. Don't waste your money. I promise the size will be off. Maybe finding that out at -650 pounds will convince you.

The last of the jackets states "CANDA GOOSE" and "ARCTIC PRGRNM" on the label sachet.
well, NixxonExxo didn't say it's real either. I think you are confusing the jackets. One was posted by a username umz1993, the other one is by user561853. And as for the baby blue down tag, I have seen it on kijiji with the new conrent label format. Plus the authentication is done by Canada Goose, so it's technically official.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Aug 20, 2012
12127 posts
1809 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
CG doesnt make the camo chilliwack anymore. Discontinued.

However, Sporting Life did sell them this year... getting rid of old stock from last season. They have the proper description.
http://www.sportinglife.ca/sportinglife ... ASSIC+CAMO

All chilliwacks do NOT have a removable hood/fur ruff... not even the PBI version.

Interesting, the female camo Savona bomber which is the update to classic camo chilliwack has the removable fur ruff. Cannot find male equivalent in camo Savona.
https://www.canadagoose.com/ca/en/savon ... er&start=1
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2217 posts
603 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I though Aznnorth already answered your question that it's real and isn't he right? What seems to be the problem? What's this I hear about a Camo Chilliwack with a removable hood or fur? Any pictures?
umz1993 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 7:08 pm
Hi there,

Are you suggesting that the images of the jacket I posted is fake?

Canada goose authenticated it on Twitter for me earlier today but just for future clarity, can you expand on your points please.

Thank you
[solicitation removed]
Newbie
Feb 12, 2017
11 posts
NixxonnExxo: i though Aznnorth already answered your question that it's real and isn't he right? What seems to be the problem? What's this I hear about a Camo Chilliwack with a removable hood or fur? Any pictures
AznNorth did, but VanDerShurr is saying it isn't real?

So now I'm in a dilemma as to whether or not it is real (the other two jackets posted (one before my post and one after my post) have the same REG number. Then there is the 'front page' situation. Can anyone link me to what one would look like as I can't seem to find an image on Google.

Thank you all,

PS: I'm the buyer. The seller has put my name in the images so that I could send those off to CG on Twitter :)
Newbie
Jan 11, 2017
4 posts
VanDerSchuur, for example my chateau parka have this baby blue downmark label and front page is missing as well:
3.JPG
5.jpg
6.JPG
2.JPG
14.jpg

But Canada Goose confirmed me on email that this parka is real. Here's the proof:
Image
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2217 posts
603 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Oh ok, some of you are not using quotes so I was lost and didn't know who's talking to who.

I've mentioned in the past that the baby blue down doesn't mean it's fake. As Canada Goose is expanding they have to expand their production line to new locations, therefore, each of these different registry indicate where they were made. So far I've kept track of 5 different new registry besides the most common one 68F8490. All of them have some kind of unique flaws, repeats the same patterns and only produce a few selected models.

AznNorth is correct, the Chilliwack posted by umz1993 is authentic. This particular registry 01T01074913 is always missing the front info tag and I think I know why but I don't want to talk about it.

In terms of user561853 jacket, I think it's real but I'm thrown off guard by the fake dust bag. I'm a bit skeptical, therefore, I asked for more pictures to see if I can figure out the story behind it.

I shouldn't have jump to conclusion too quickly with WalterD jacket. The badge is actually perfect but the wrong badge was used on this model. I should have ask for more pictures and better quality photography to understand the story behind it.
umz1993 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 2:34 am
AznNorth did, but VanDerShurr is saying it isn't real?

So now I'm in a dilemma as to whether or not it is real (the other two jackets posted (one before my post and one after my post) have the same REG number. Then there is the 'front page' situation. Can anyone link me to what one would look like as I can't seem to find an image on Google.

Thank you all,

PS: I'm the buyer. The seller has put my name in the images so that I could send those off to CG on Twitter :)
[solicitation removed]
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2217 posts
603 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Missing a tag page is common. I have a jacket bought from Harry Rosen that's missing the registry tag and another jacket missing the info tag. This particular registry with the baby blue down tag have a tendency to forget the info tag.

Canada Goose have a long history of spelling errors. I wouldn't incorporate a minor error like that into consideration.
VanDerSchuur wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 9:09 pm
It is indeed TEI 3. I still think the baby blue downmark label IN COMBINATION WITH the recent format neck label is a reason to worry. The light blue color downmark label is an old format. Missing the front page is also an issue. A zipper on the fur is also an issue.

The jacket above your post to deemed fake has the exact same label format. Baby blue downmark label, no front page and the same reg. no.

Missing the front page might occur as an anomaly in manufacturing. You however will not see three jackets in a row, with the same reg. no. all having that same rare anomaly. The reason you would see this is very simple. This label format is what these counterfeit manufacturers use and all three are fake jackets.

You can tell me anything about authenticating it on Twitter. You might be the seller of this jacket for all I know (umz, umar). I am just warning you. Don't waste your money. I promise the size will be off. Maybe finding that out at -650 pounds will convince you.

The last of the jackets states "CANDA GOOSE" and "ARCTIC PRGRNM" on the label sachet.
[solicitation removed]
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2217 posts
603 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
The Chilliwack Camo is not discontinue. The camo color is very popular so they sell quick. Harry Rosen sold all their 2016 stocks within weeks. Hence why it was hard to find any camo in stock after Christmas.

The Chilliwack do have a variation with removable hood. It's called the Yorkville which is discontinued a long time ago.

There is such thing as a removable fur ruff on the Chilliwack model. Usually special edition like the OVO Chilliwack. http://www.canadagoose.com/ca/en/mens-o ... 53MOV.html
aznnorth wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 11:30 pm
CG doesnt make the camo chilliwack anymore. Discontinued.

However, Sporting Life did sell them this year... getting rid of old stock from last season. They have the proper description.
http://www.sportinglife.ca/sportinglife ... ASSIC+CAMO

All chilliwacks do NOT have a removable hood/fur ruff... not even the PBI version.

Interesting, the female camo Savona bomber which is the update to classic camo chilliwack has the removable fur ruff. Cannot find male equivalent in camo Savona.
https://www.canadagoose.com/ca/en/savon ... er&start=1
[solicitation removed]
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2217 posts
603 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Chilliwack is TEI 3. Those paper book tags are unique and designed to be difficult to duplicate. So far the ones you see with the Chilliwack looks to be authentic.
VanDerSchuur wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 2:54 pm
Concerning the "classic camo" jackets above; (1) Stacked labels inside with a baby blue downmark label. These, in combination with the fat maple leaf and www.canadagoose.com format in the neck label. (2) No front page indicating model, size and cut on the label stack inside the jacket. (3) A removable fur. (4) A TEI 3 label on a TEI 5 Chilliwack jacket. (5) A relatively bold font used on the size label in the neck "M/M".

These facts would keep me form buying the jackets.

If you would ask for measurement for these jackets, and would compare those to the official measurement guide here, http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aata_pr ... ce/MWE.jpg -- you will likely learn that the above jackets are far smaller than the original jackets i.e. Asian sizing.
[solicitation removed]
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2217 posts
603 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
There we have it, another proof the baby blue down tags are real.
Shakanris1 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 2:44 am
VanDerSchuur, for example my chateau parka have this baby blue downmark label and front page is missing as well:

3.JPG 5.jpg 6.JPG 2.JPG 14.jpg


But Canada Goose confirmed me on email that this parka is real. Here's the proof:
Image
[solicitation removed]
Newbie
Jan 10, 2017
8 posts
Anyone can post one picture above the other and claim a relationship between the two. That's no proof of authenticity. I sent an email to CG myself. I will keep you posted. It is almost as if of you want to mislead the public...
Newbie
Feb 12, 2017
11 posts
Sorry I'm new to the site, I was clicking on the reply button and then the quotation button.

The seller has just sent me a video showing that he has had jacket taken to a tailor to make the fur part removable.

Now, this is where I'm worried because Canada Goose authenticated the jacket on Twitter but I know for a fact that the fur shouldn't be removable (as shown by the Ebay listing posted by PSiBeR (http://www.ebay.de/itm/292020144740)

I can't attach the video he has sent me, I can iMessage it to someone if that would help?

Thank you once again for the help !
NixxonExxo wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 5:24 am
Oh ok, some of you are not using quotes so I was lost and didn't know who's talking to who.

I've mentioned in the past that the baby blue down doesn't mean it's fake. As Canada Goose is expanding they have to expand their production line to new locations, therefore, each of these different registry indicate where they were made. So far I've kept track of 5 different new registry besides the most common one 68F8490. All of them have some kind of unique flaws, repeats the same patterns and only produce a few selected models.

AznNorth is correct, the Chilliwack posted by umz1993 is authentic. This particular registry 01T01074913 is always missing the front info tag and I think I know why but I don't want to talk about it.

In terms of user561853 jacket, I think it's real but I'm thrown off guard by the fake dust bag. I'm a bit skeptical, therefore, I asked for more pictures to see if I can figure out the story behind it.

I shouldn't have jump to conclusion too quickly with WalterD jacket. The badge is actually perfect but the wrong badge was used on this model. I should have ask for more pictures and better quality photography to understand the story behind it.
Images
  • image.png

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

alvindiana, jacobmdubinsky93