[Merged] The Official Canada Goose Authenticity / Legit Check Thread

Nov 1, 2007
44 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, Ontario
findingdeal wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 8:36 am
What about the condition?

And does the fur look kind of small? If it's too beat up, I might as well shell out more cash for a brand new one next year.
It's a late 2015 to early 2016 season version hence the label packet. All furs varies from parkas to parkas. If you wanna one with better fur, you might want to buy it from thr retail store so you can pick out the one with best fur
Jan 4, 2017
103 posts
wmhcan wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 9:15 am
It's a late 2015 to early 2016 season version hence the label packet. All furs varies from parkas to parkas. If you wanna one with better fur, you might want to buy it from thr retail store so you can pick out the one with best fur
I wish, Retails are too expensive tho =p

I'll have to see how low this seller goes, if he drops the price by a lot, I'll take it.

If it were you offering, how much would you give for it? (just curious)
Nov 1, 2007
44 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, Ontario
findingdeal wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 10:26 am
I wish, Retails are too expensive tho =p

I'll have to see how low this seller goes, if he drops the price by a lot, I'll take it.

If it were you offering, how much would you give for it? (just curious)
I bought a brand new CG parka for $580 CAD earlier this year. So I would say probably try between $400-$500 CAD. For you, maybe no more than $400USD
Jan 4, 2017
103 posts
wmhcan wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 11:44 am
I bought a brand new CG parka for $580 CAD earlier this year. So I would say probably try between $400-$500 CAD. For you, maybe no more than $400USD
Hmmm.... Canadians and their cheap CGs!

K, Is it possible to get a new fur directly from CG? This one seems skimpy, I might want to replace it by next winter.
Nov 1, 2007
44 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, Ontario
findingdeal wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 3:51 pm
Hmmm.... Canadians and their cheap CGs!

K, Is it possible to get a new fur directly from CG? This one seems skimpy, I might want to replace it by next winter.
From the look at the parka, the fur is in a great shape. I think someone mentioned before you can order new furs from CG thorough their warranty department. Just not sure how much though. I may cost a bit to replace
Jan 4, 2017
103 posts
Hey guys, I'm about to offer on the langford, but one thing was holding me back.

I'm not sure if it will fit me.

I'm about 5'7, and the Langford is a Small. Will it be way too big on me?
Oct 6, 2015
902 posts
204 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Both jackets are real.
findingdeal wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 5:36 pm
woah woah woah, wait a minute!

Hey guys, the same seller has a brand new medium Chateu parka, but in his list of Chateu pictures, I think he repeated a pic of the fur from the Langford listing.

Is this sketchy? I don't know if I should take it now.

https://www.grailed.com/listings/180328 ... se-Chateau

https://www.grailed.com/listings/172334 ... e-Langford
Jan 4, 2017
103 posts
NixxonExxo wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 6:02 pm
Both jackets are real.
But why did he put the pic of the Langford fur pic in the chateu ad. That's kind of sneaky..

Do you think I should go ahead and buy the Langford?
Nov 1, 2007
44 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, Ontario
findingdeal wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 7:07 pm
But why did he put the pic of the Langford fur pic in the chateu ad. That's kind of sneaky..

Do you think I should go ahead and buy the Langford?
I think he just prefers to wear it with no fur, but he still attached a picture so the buyers know that it does come with the fur. To answer your question, you said you're 5'7. But you didn't mention your weight. CG website does offer the intergrated tool to help you find your size when you enter your height, weight and your body shape. I would say whatever the result is, go with the smaller one if you are not gonna wear any layers under. I went with the smaller size from the result since I didn't need to layer at all with my Trillium (TEI 4) parka. Hope this answers your question.
Jan 4, 2017
103 posts
wmhcan wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 7:35 pm
I think he just prefers to wear it with no fur, but he still attached a picture so the buyers know that it does come with the fur. To answer your question, you said you're 5'7. But you didn't mention your weight. CG website does offer the intergrated tool to help you find your size when you enter your height, weight and your body shape. I would say whatever the result is, go with the smaller one if you are not gonna wear any layers under. I went with the smaller size from the result since I didn't need to layer at all with my Trillium (TEI 4) parka. Hope this answers your question.

Thanks! Are you sure there's no sketchy vibes from that seller?

I've checked the calculator before, and it says I'm an XS since i'm like 125lbs and 5'7. Still growing though, so maybe I'll need a small later.

Or I can rock a small right now like this.
Images
Nov 1, 2007
44 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, Ontario
Viterium wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 10:04 pm
Hey guys I need a LC on this, wondering if I should buy or not. Thanks ahead of time.

http://imgur.com/a/5BJkm
It's real. I think this dated back before 2008? I think somone here mentioned before if you are buying a second hand one, maybe buy a second-hand one within the last a couple years? Since the parka/bomber thins out through time.
Jan 4, 2017
103 posts
Is it worth offering on this one?

He says it's a men's size XXS, do you they make those? I don't want to end up with a boys size coat.

It seems to be a pretty old model since it has the old tag. He says he sent it in for a revamp from the CG headquarters, and that the fur was replaced and the cuffs were redone and re brand new at this point.

Is it worth offering on an old coat in this condition? How much do you think it's worth?
Nov 1, 2007
44 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, Ontario
findingdeal wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 12:19 pm
Is it worth offering on this one?

He says it's a men's size XXS, do you they make those? I don't want to end up with a boys size coat.

It seems to be a pretty old model since it has the old tag. He says he sent it in for a revamp from the CG headquarters, and that the fur was replaced and the cuffs were redone and re brand new at this point.

Is it worth offering on an old coat in this condition? How much do you think it's worth?
It's a very old Chiliwack. I think it dated to pre-2008 or even earlier. Remember what aznnorth said the jacket thins out as you wear it. I would think this is worth no more than $100-150USD.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel