[Merged] The Official Canada Goose Authenticity / Legit Check Thread

Nov 1, 2007
42 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, Ontario
findingdeal wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 12:19 pm
Is it worth offering on this one?

He says it's a men's size XXS, do you they make those? I don't want to end up with a boys size coat.

It seems to be a pretty old model since it has the old tag. He says he sent it in for a revamp from the CG headquarters, and that the fur was replaced and the cuffs were redone and re brand new at this point.

Is it worth offering on an old coat in this condition? How much do you think it's worth?
It's a very old Chiliwack. I think it dated to pre-2008 or even earlier. Remember what aznnorth said the jacket thins out as you wear it. I would think this is worth no more than $100-150USD.
Jan 4, 2017
103 posts
wmhcan wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 10:41 pm
It's a very old Chiliwack. I think it dated to pre-2008 or even earlier. Remember what aznnorth said the jacket thins out as you wear it. I would think this is worth no more than $100-150USD.
I see.....

Would I insult him if I offered $100 =p

He said it got "revamped" and mentioned the fur and cuffs have been replaced. Do they restuff the down too? Is that even possible?
Nov 1, 2007
42 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, Ontario
findingdeal wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 11:14 pm
I see.....

Would I insult him if I offered $100 =p

He said it got "revamped" and mentioned the fur and cuffs have been replaced. Do they restuff the down too? Is that even possible?
lol, you could try with this offer. But I don't see why they would ever restuff the jacket rathering then replacing it. But for replacing the jacket, the jacket would have some manufacture defect which I assume would happen within the first a couple years or so. Wouldn't wait this long.
Mar 14, 2017
1 posts
Hi. I am looking at buying this Canada goose from someone who says they got it as a gift. I would just go buy an authentic but the style I want is not available ANYWHERE. It is without tags but is from a reliable seller with over 2000 sales and 99.9% rating. Can someone verify its real? Ive gone through all the articles and tips and it looks legit to me but I am new to this thanks. Its the Black Label Beauport Hoody
Oct 6, 2015
895 posts
201 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Real.
BradleyK465715 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 7:44 pm
Hi. I am looking at buying this Canada goose from someone who says they got it as a gift. I would just go buy an authentic but the style I want is not available ANYWHERE. It is without tags but is from a reliable seller with over 2000 sales and 99.9% rating. Can someone verify its real? Ive gone through all the articles and tips and it looks legit to me but I am new to this thanks. Its the Black Label Beauport Hoody
Oct 6, 2015
895 posts
201 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Need up close pictures of the badge and label. I'm a bit skeptical because the fur doesn't look right and the tags and everything else is off.
MarcoD464695 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 9:19 am
Hi, i would like to know if this Canada goose jacket is authentic. Thank you.
Oct 6, 2015
895 posts
201 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I thought I saw a similar jacket pattern in a video comparison. The markings are alike to the ones in this video. Hope this helps in your decisions.

MarcoD464695 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 12:59 am
I think it's an old version. Here you are the badge. Thank you.
Mar 13, 2017
5 posts
Do you think it's a fake? I mean it has old CG tm logo on the arm and the zips are YKK. The tags says imported from SOPRAC which is a company Who sells Cg jacket in italy (seller is italian). He said that he bought the jacket in a retail store brand new, used it for not so much and then never worn it. he gave me the name of the store. It has answered to all my questions without problem and always said that it was authentic so. The fur maybe it's the photos but do you think it's a fake? I have seen on this blog some cg jacket like this who were reviewed like authentic so. Let me know please what do you think honestly. Thank you.
Oct 6, 2015
895 posts
201 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
The older Canada Goose jackets are harder to determine authenticity because of many factors. First off, there is NOT much documented history. Up until 2011 when CG implemented the hologram it wasn't until the brand took off. The badge, label and brand vision become clearer and more consistent. Prior to that they went through many labels, tags and badge changes and at the same time battling with a new threat of black market replicas.

Personally, part of me thinks it's fake because of when I piece the timeline of this jacket, the strange maple leaf and tags doesn't make sense. Some of me thinks it's real because the zipper details is spot on but then again, YKK can easily be purchased from the company themselves by anyone really. In terms of the inner lining, I need to feel and inspect it in person.
MarcoD464695 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 8:48 am
Do you think it's a fake? I mean it has old CG tm logo on the arm and the zips are YKK. The tags says imported from SOPRAC which is a company Who sells Cg jacket in italy (seller is italian). He said that he bought the jacket in a retail store brand new, used it for not so much and then never worn it. he gave me the name of the store. It has answered to all my questions without problem and always said that it was authentic so. The fur maybe it's the photos but do you think it's a fake? I have seen on this blog some cg jacket like this who were reviewed like authentic so. Let me know please what do you think honestly. Thank you.
Oct 6, 2015
895 posts
201 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Looks like a 'real' beat up jacket imo.
UKDMDC2R wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 8:21 am
i have an old goose that i'm debating if its real or not. when was this released
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel