755 upvotes
Dildo
kingofwale wrote:
Jan 8th, 2012 11:34 pm
yep, the company went under.
What company went under?
mapleleaf27 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2012 11:36 pm
I just want to mention something that seems to never come up with regards to buying used CG coats. Sellers should clarify if the coat was stored in a smoke-free environment. I'm reading all these people on here curious to see if a CG coat is legit, and if the fur looks good, and yet I just realized that there is a potential of purchasing a CG used coat with fur that smells because the owner is a smoker and inevitably the smoke makes it's way in the air to the coat, wherever it may be.

Anyways, this thought just came to me. Something to always keep in mind and potentially check out as you bizarrely smell the fur on the hood of the coat you are thinking of buying from a stranger online. ;)

Being a lifetime non-smoker, I always take this for granted, whether I am buying or selling on eBay. I always forget to check with buyers who don't mention it, and I always forget to state it in my own auctions. This is a really good point.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9799 posts
791 upvotes
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Jan 8th, 2012 11:45 pm
What company went under?

Being a lifetime non-smoker, I always take this for granted, whether I am buying or selling on eBay. I always forget to check with buyers who don't mention it, and I always forget to state it in my own auctions. This is a really good point.

an online company (was listed under Canada goose website) that contain word "Arctic". I can't remember anymore,
Banned
Nov 24, 2011
247 posts
16 upvotes
CHARLESBOURG
kingofwale wrote:
Jan 8th, 2012 11:34 pm
yep, the company went under. there was this red Heli Arctic or a bright yellow. LOL

I believe Antarctic Connection used to be known as 'All Things Arctic' because if you enter allthingsarctic.com into your browser you automatically go to the site for Antarctic Connection. Either Antarctic Connection took them over or their site was simply known as All Things... before. Or perhaps something else.
Oct 2, 2009
970 posts
436 upvotes
kingofwale wrote:
Jan 8th, 2012 11:51 pm
an online company (was listed under Canada goose website) that contain word "Arctic". I can't remember anymore,

yea the company was named All Things Arctic. thats where I got my first ever canada goose! the spirit vest with the maple leaf :P
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4914 posts
755 upvotes
Dildo
zumi78878 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2012 12:04 am
yea the company was named All Things Arctic. thats where I got my first ever canada goose! the spirit vest with the maple leaf :P

A few months ago, I had the opportunity to buy a Freestyle vest, size extra large, for $80 from a Kijiji seller. It was an older model with the Heli-Arctic maple leaf on the chest instead of the current version that has the Arctic Program disc, and it was in excellent condition. I don't know why I didn't snap it up to resell considering the average price for a Freestyle on eBay is around $200. :facepalm:
Oct 2, 2009
970 posts
436 upvotes
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Jan 9th, 2012 12:27 am
A few months ago, I had the opportunity to buy a Freestyle vest, size extra large, for $80 from a Kijiji seller. It was an older model with the Heli-Arctic maple leaf on the chest instead of the current version that has the Arctic Program disc, and it was in excellent condition. I don't know why I didn't snap it up to resell considering the average price for a Freestyle on eBay is around $200. :facepalm:

oh no no no. its good that you didn't buy that vest, not even for $80. you wouldn't want to know how long it took me to sell my maple leaf vest for $150 and mine was an XS... and nobody buys sz XL these days also :P
Banned
Nov 24, 2011
247 posts
16 upvotes
CHARLESBOURG
From the Antarctic Connection site's 'about us' page...

What is The Antarctic Connection
The Antarctic Connection(TM) is an internet based retailer and information source for All Things Antarctic(TM). Our mission is to be the best and widest source for premium Antarctic related products. We strive to be a responsible booking agent for travel to this pristine continent. And we aim to provide accurate and extensive news, weather and information from and about the frozen continent.

My guess is that their website url was simply 'allthingsarctic' and they changed it or perhaps the company changed their name from 'all things....' to AC. Either way, I don't think anyone ever went out of business.
Jan 7, 2012
19 posts
VANCOUVER
What are your thoughts on the Resolute Jacket as well? I found a better deal on one that is a Small rather than the heli-artic Medium and it is cheaper. Are there any downsides to this jacket(I suppose it does look a bit worse), but in terms of effectiveness or anything else I may be overlooking.

Also, in terms of sizing. Previous posters have mentioned how large smalls or mediums(where I maybe swimming in my size) is. I read a post somewhere online where a guy suggested he was looking for a women's Large or Medium as it would have just a comfortable cut for men's because the men's are especially generous. So for a slender guy like myself(5'10ish, around 150, 38 chest, slender build), does that mean I would be comfortable in a ladies large/x-large? Ha, it sounds silly, but I am curious. Also, although based in vancouver, I travel to around constantly to Quebec and NYC on a regular basis for work

cheers
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9799 posts
791 upvotes
mapleleaf27 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2012 12:40 am
From the Antarctic Connection site's 'about us' page...

What is The Antarctic Connection
The Antarctic Connection(TM) is an internet based retailer and information source for All Things Antarctic(TM). Our mission is to be the best and widest source for premium Antarctic related products. We strive to be a responsible booking agent for travel to this pristine continent. And we aim to provide accurate and extensive news, weather and information from and about the frozen continent.

My guess is that their website url was simply 'allthingsarctic' and they changed it or perhaps the company changed their name from 'all things....' to AC. Either way, I don't think anyone ever went out of business.

hey, I found the thread about this.

merged-canada-goose-159-399us-clearance-977189/
Dec 14, 2011
55 posts
2 upvotes
Hi,
not authenticity-related, but here goes.

Does anyone own a Langford? I'm buying from an online retailer, and therefore have no way of trying it on for sizing. According to GGs sizing chart, I'm a medium. 102cm chest, 179cm short and 85kg light. I've heard that at least for the loose fit parkas (Expedition etc) one should go down a size from ones normal size, but I don't know for the slim fits. I'm usually a medium/large, 48/50 European size.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2005
2253 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mapleleaf27 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2012 10:36 am
Okay thanks. So apparently they went out of business. Wish I could have seen what they were offering CG wise at that time. My guess is bad colors and huge sizes.

I wish I knew about Antarctic Connection at around Nov of 2010.. I could have purchased that CG Air force bomber jacket.. :(
Heatware (6-0-0)

FS:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9799 posts
791 upvotes
nannus wrote:
Jan 9th, 2012 12:37 pm
Hi,
not authenticity-related, but here goes.

Does anyone own a Langford? I'm buying from an online retailer, and therefore have no way of trying it on for sizing. According to GGs sizing chart, I'm a medium. 102cm chest, 179cm short and 85kg light. I've heard that at least for the loose fit parkas (Expedition etc) one should go down a size from ones normal size, but I don't know for the slim fits. I'm usually a medium/large, 48/50 European size.

I say go with a M size.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

umirza85