Fashion & Apparel

[Merged] The Official Canada Goose Authenticity / Legit Check Thread

Apr 30, 2016
11 posts
13 upvotes
Ottawa
I feel like that one is fake? The disc is all wrong (has those trailing embroidery threads between the lettering/leaves that I've never seen before and blob-like leaves, also the embroidery of the island is very loose,) and the size tag has an incorrectly shaped maple leaf.

Also, the down association tag has been in English literally every time I've ever seen it, and that one is in French for some reason.
Triumph2 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 2:31 pm
Hi.
Please let me know your thoughts on this one, the storage bad makes me doubt it.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2837855230
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
1375 posts
344 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
It's AUTHENTIC. I see that this is a black jacket so I would assume the original owner is one of those guys who dislike bright branded logos. Some people actually remove the badges after purchase. In this case the owner must have removed it and then glued it back on to resell. However, fur trimming is the first heard for me and it looks twisted. The serial number on the hologram is just an ink printed on top of a smooth surface meaning it can easily be scratched off.

Haha, this jacket is so messed up I don't know what to say about it. Kinda funny and kinda in awe right now.
Nooovie wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 10:06 am
Hello,

Could I please ask you to also let me know if this jacket is fake or authentic. I already bought it from a person that swore that it was real. It looks like the arm patch started to peel off in one spot and someone glue it back. It has a hologram which started to peel off the tag. I wanted to re-glue it with fabric glue, and wanted to get rid of any oils underneath the sticker, but the alcohol dipped cotton swab erased the upper half of the hologram. So cautionary note, hologram and alcohol don't get along. It looks like the fur was either trimmed or somehow lost the long hair so I would like to replace the fur ruf (CG will do it for $80). I just don't want to bother CG if the jacket is not legit. The only thing that makes me nervous is that the bottom of the hologram had no black serial numbers.

In learning to tell the differences between fake and legit, I think the jacket is real, but am no expert so I figured I would ask the people who know better than me.

Anyhow, here are the pics. Many thanks for taking the time to look at these...

Thanks again!
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
1375 posts
344 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Looks good.
coolmanfever wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 9:29 am
thank you for the Nix. Vendor send me a zoom picture of the sizing tag. Does it look legit to you? The maple leaf looks a bit small to me.

Jan 18, 2018
3 posts
NixxonExxo wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 5:03 pm
Haha, this jacket is so messed up I don't know what to say about it. Kinda funny and kinda in awe right now.
lol Thanks Nixx! lol Maybe that's why the guy was in such a hurry when I was buying it... so I didn't notice the little details. The fur actually looks worn out in spots... maybe a mangy coyote? :D Meh, still keeps me toasty Good point about the logo removal. I kind of prefer the black CG label too. Thanks again for checking it out for me. I'll post pics after CG swaps the fur ruf for me at the end of the season.
Feb 5, 2018
1 posts
Hi there,
Could someone check this jacket for me? This thread has been incredibly helpful but I just want to be sure!
Thanks in advance!
Images
  • IMG_0665.JPG
  • IMG_0666.JPG
  • IMG_0667.JPG
  • IMG_0668.JPG
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
1375 posts
344 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
REAL.
Ammr1990 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 10:45 pm
Hi there,
Could someone check this jacket for me? This thread has been incredibly helpful but I just want to be sure!
Thanks in advance!
Nov 29, 2016
11 posts
Authentic?

Everything about the coat actual coat material looks authentic, but the Hologram is throwing me because it is upside down and has a second number on it.

EDIT:I just noticed the tag is for the wrong style. Could the person just put in the wrong tags? It is suppose to be 4565M
IMG_8629.JPG
IMG_8630.JPG
IMG_8631.JPG
IMG_8632.JPG
IMG_8633.JPG
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
1375 posts
344 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Haha, nothing is authentic about this jacket.
One of the worst FAKE i have every seen.
KevinW562127 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 7:34 pm
Authentic?

Everything about the coat actual coat material looks authentic, but the Hologram is throwing me because it is upside down and has a second number on it.

EDIT:I just noticed the tag is for the wrong style. Could the person just put in the wrong tags? It is suppose to be 4565M

IMG_8629.JPGIMG_8630.JPGIMG_8631.JPGIMG_8632.JPGIMG_8633.JPG
Jan 27, 2018
11 posts
Hi. Appreciate help to see if this jacket is authentic. Thanks again in advance for your help

Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
1375 posts
344 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
You have pictures of entire jacket front and back?
Michtr wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 12:56 am
Can some please verify authenticity?

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)