Fashion & Beauty

Locked: The Official Canada Goose Authenticity / Legit Check Thread

Jan 15, 2012
215 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary
originalgoods13 wrote: I posted a rough draft review for the Citadel and will upload the pictures later this morning, thanks!

Added pictures and more information regarding the Citadel
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
TheGZA wrote: Looks real. Why are you buying a Banff when you have a Chateau?
it's for my dad, I am giving 1 for my dad and one for my mom. So I can rock it out like the pink people in Canada Douch. ;)

no, but everyone needs a warm jacket, my parents deserve one. :)
Jimboski wrote: Looks good, That fur looks right.
Middle tags stitching looks right, S/P Is right.
Arm Patch looks clean.

thanks Jim. I am pretty sure it's legit, but doesn't hurt to ask. lol
btw, do we have a review on the Banff??
Jan 12, 2012
354 posts
6 upvotes
kingofwale wrote: it's for my dad, I am giving 1 for my dad and one for my mom. So I can rock it out like the pink people in Canada Douch. ;)

Are you getting the Banff at a good price? One thing to keep in mind is that the Banff does not have side pockets. You need to open the bottom pockets and awkwardly stuff your hands in there. Only you know if that will bother your dad or not. Personally I would not wear a coat without proper side pockets.

Also, not that it really matters, but that is a 2010 Banff if the tags are from the coat itself.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
TheGZA wrote: Are you getting the Banff at a good price? One thing to keep in mind is that the Banff does not have side pockets. You need to open the bottom pockets and awkwardly stuff your hands in there. Only you know if that will bother your dad or not. Personally I would not wear a coat without proper side pockets.

Also, not that it really matters, but that is a 2010 Banff if the tags are from the coat itself.

what would you say a fair price for this jacket it?? it was said to be 9.5/10 condition with tags still on??

I get your point, but i don't think my dad would feel he's "missing" the feature when he never had any to begin with. ;)

beats out his long wool parka he's wearing for really cold weather. :(
Jan 12, 2012
354 posts
6 upvotes
kingofwale wrote: what would you say a fair price for this jacket it?? it was said to be 9.5/10 condition with tags still on??

I get your point, but i don't think my dad would feel he's "missing" the feature when he never had any to begin with. ;)

beats out his long wool parka he's wearing for really cold weather. :(

Your dad's current coat doesn't have side pockets? You'll find that most coats do.

As for a fair price, hmm. I'd say something between $425 - $500.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Since I am known for looking at the low end of the price spectrum, I feel you deserve that Banff at around the same price you paid for the Chateau or lower. $380, was it? Fortunately that one is real, unlike the three previous ones our astute detectives keenly spotted in January. :D

I love the hood set up on a spike. I'm getting a lovely Vlad the Impaler vibe from it. :lol:
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
kingofwale wrote: it's for my dad, I am giving 1 for my dad and one for my mom. So I can rock it out like the pink people in Canada Douch. ;)

Go check Banana's thread to see If there Is a Banff review you lazy bum! Lol jk but yeah better to be safe then sorry I agree 100% with that!
Jan 23, 2012
66 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
TheGZA wrote: As for a fair price, hmm. I'd say something between $425 - $500.
Wow, if that's the fair price range, kingofwale should pick that baby up cause it was selling much cheaper than that, well at least the last time I saw it : :lol:
Jan 12, 2012
354 posts
6 upvotes
As the tag shows in the picture, the Banff was $550 last season. I'm only throwing out the price I did when you consider the current retail price and market for this coat used.

Yeah, I'd agree with CGFA that if you can snag a Chateau for $380 you should technically not pay much more for a Banff ($425?). It's a just question of if the seller will go that low.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
s2DoubleU wrote: Wow, if that's the fair price range, kingofwale should pick that baby up cause it was selling much cheaper than that, well at least the last time I saw it : :lol:

I'm not going to disclose the pricing just yet, I had to do some serious betting to get it. (

but i will do a review of it when i do get it in a couple of hours.

thanks guys for checking it out for me. I have a feeling it's real.

what I like about it is that my dad is conservative, if he feels the fur is too 'flashy', he can remove it.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: Since I am known for looking at the low end of the price spectrum, I feel you deserve that Banff at around the same price you paid for the Chateau or lower. $380, was it? Fortunately that one is real, unlike the three previous ones our astute detectives keenly spotted in January. :D

I love the hood set up on a spike. I'm getting a lovely Vlad the Impaler vibe from it. :lol:

well, most of the expedition are around 350, but youth size, and this other lady who is willing to sell it for 320 is about 2 hour drive away.

so... at least I can save the gas. lol
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
TheGZA wrote: As the tag shows in the picture, the Banff was $550 last season. I'm only throwing out the price I did when you consider the current retail price and market for this coat used.

Yeah, I'd agree with CGFA that if you can snag a Chateau for $380 you should technically not pay much more for a Banff ($425?). It's a just question of if the seller will go that low.

i'm surprised we don't see enough Banff out there. It's kinda in between Chateau and Expedition.

but then there is also Calgary and Ontario....

so, I guess that category is over-done. lol
Jan 12, 2012
354 posts
6 upvotes
kingofwale wrote: I'm not going to disclose the pricing just yet, I had to do some serious betting to get it. (

but i will do a review of it when i do get it in a couple of hours.

thanks guys for checking it out for me. I have a feeling it's real.

what I like about it is that my dad is conservative, if he feels the fur is too 'flashy', he can remove it.

Sounds like you have agreed to a price already? Or maybe you'll try to bring it down in person? Well I'm excited for the review.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
TheGZA wrote: Sounds like you have agreed to a price already? Or maybe you'll try to bring it down in person? Well I'm excited for the review.

well, I have taken out cash for another ebay purchase, but the lady ended up being a jerk and not reply me after I mention I know my Goose. ;)

probably will do the review in a comparison review vs Yatesy and Chateau.

I have a feeling it will be better chateau in terms of performance.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1762 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
Haha nice, I extremely lowballed offered the person and they didn't respond. I say the original price is already reasonable enough. Good luck on bargaining. :)
Fashion hurts p░ ░ ░yboi - KimchiTacos_
Jan 12, 2012
354 posts
6 upvotes
kingofwale wrote: well, I have taken out cash for another ebay purchase, but the lady ended up being a jerk and not reply me after I mention I know my Goose. ;)

probably will do the review in a comparison review vs Yatesy and Chateau.

I have a feeling it will be better chateau in terms of performance.

If it's the same size as your Chateau than they should be equal in warmth. The Citadel will simply protect your legs a bit more because it's a few inches longer.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2006
1905 posts
148 upvotes
Just saw this on kijiji:
Please beware of these Chinese family living in Milton claiming to be selling authentic jackets that are actually fake. The daughter's name is

Its okay if you cant afford an authentic canada goose jackets, but they are selling it so close to the retail price, people actually think its real. Email me and i can help you distinguish a real Canada Goose Jacket.

I have informed the Halton Police about this. If you have been affected, please email me and I will include your name and valid contact number to the fraud case i have against them.

Email me if any questions.
Heh, good to see someone trying to prevent others from getting scammed and helping those that did.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)