Sports & Recreation

[Merged] [OFFICIAL] POST your snowboard gear and questions here!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2016 8:18 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2259 posts
98 upvotes
MoonDoggy wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 8:30 pm
The NS Premier is a pretty much a free ride/all mountain board so something aggressive like Rome Targa would do well. I have the NS Proto and matched it with the Burton Malavita.
just to add, the targa's are awesome. I got last years model and they are super nice. So much adjustability, high recommend it :)
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3229 posts
144 upvotes
azn_dan wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 10:57 pm
just to add, the targa's are awesome. I got last years model and they are super nice. So much adjustability, high recommend it :)
i had them last year as well but the straps failed on me after a couple of usage. they send me a new strap but i changed over to the malavita then. i still have it kicking around.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2003
1987 posts
99 upvotes
azn_dan wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 9:02 pm
how were the conditions? contemplated going but i was wondering if i need to whip out my rock board
I was out today. I would not ride any board you care about until they get a better base. They've been blowing snow too wet. There are ice chunks. There were also a few spots showing through. It's ride-able but I will be happy when the humidity goes down with the temps. The air was moist.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2259 posts
98 upvotes
thanks for the heads up may head up tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2003
2718 posts
37 upvotes
Markham
Can somebody tell me about Jays Peak? I got an email about a group trip, $335 for 3 days starting Jan 3. There's another trip for Tremblant in Feb.

The report says 46cm packed powder....
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/skifx/usvt0297

I know some of you boys went in Feb last season. Is Jan too early to go to Jays peak? It seems like they got the cold snow that I like but is the base enough?
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2008
1337 posts
253 upvotes

WhiteFace, NY the day after that snowstorm December 28th, 2012. 18 inches in 24 hours
Mar 5, 2008
309 posts
27 upvotes
chinaboy1021 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 10:31 pm
Can somebody tell me about Jays Peak? I got an email about a group trip, $335 for 3 days starting Jan 3. There's another trip for Tremblant in Feb.

The report says 46cm packed powder....
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/skifx/usvt0297

I know some of you boys went in Feb last season. Is Jan too early to go to Jays peak? It seems like they got the cold snow that I like but is the base enough?
Jaypeak is fine at this time. but i'd go for Tremblant, they're supposedly having a RIDICULOUSLY good season right now. snow is just coming down there nonstop, people coming off lifts covered in snow.
Feb 1, 2011
726 posts
20 upvotes
Hamilton
has anyone ever been to holiday valley in ny/buffalo?

how are the hills compared to blue?
from where i live, holiday valley is just 2 hrs while blue mountain is 3 hrs and st louis is also 2.5 hrs...

just wondering maybe it's less busy and just as good as blue for beginners (only ride green/blue hills for now).

thx
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2259 posts
98 upvotes
Holiday valley is very comparable to blue. There's a good amount of runs and the vertical is similar I believe. Great alternative to blue :)
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2008
1337 posts
253 upvotes
gwan wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 9:04 am
has anyone ever been to holiday valley in ny/buffalo?

how are the hills compared to blue?
from where i live, holiday valley is just 2 hrs while blue mountain is 3 hrs and st louis is also 2.5 hrs...

just wondering maybe it's less busy and just as good as blue for beginners (only ride green/blue hills for now).

thx
u just have to deal with customs and roll down your windows if they are tinted lol
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
1021 posts
23 upvotes
I'm looking to pick up my first board. Any tips on when to buy or where to buy from? (I know most people say end of season, but I'd prefer to do it before the end of season)
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2008
1337 posts
253 upvotes
Makaveli the Don wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 7:47 pm
I'm looking to pick up my first board. Any tips on when to buy or where to buy from? (I know most people say end of season, but I'd prefer to do it before the end of season)
where do u live? there is a good shop in Lake Placid, NY
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
2154 posts
246 upvotes
HRM
litebrite wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 1:51 am
Nice board. I have a NS myself and I love it. Feels like for that board I'd go for a higher end binding. What is your style of riding however?
Just freeride/all mountain. I like speed, but I also like carving down and even hitting some small jumps and stuff...
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3229 posts
144 upvotes
kramerz80 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 6:31 pm
Not sure, it was a gift... I think they go for about $550
Meltdown (limited) and Sanction carries NS for a while now
× < >