Sports & Recreation

[Merged] [OFFICIAL] POST your snowboard gear and questions here!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2016 6:04 pm
Jun 20, 2010
243 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver
TDNGUYEN wrote:
Jan 11th, 2016 10:53 am
New to boarding.. would like to pickup gear instead of renting.. (rented four times before)

Where would be the best place for beginner gears? Thanks guys..
Craigslist
Kijijiji
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3218 posts
141 upvotes
Anyone see the advance online lift ticket at blue? Day pass for $49+ tax
Jan 5, 2009
421 posts
35 upvotes
TDNGUYEN wrote:
New to boarding.. would like to pickup gear instead of renting.. (rented four times before)

I bought all my gear from pacificboarder during sales. They are in vancouver but its free delivery over $100 I believe. Look at sanctionsnow too they had some good sales last year that I missed.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
1533 posts
126 upvotes
TDNGUYEN wrote:

I am selling my Burton board with Burton Custom EST bindings. Used it as a beginner board. It is 157 though, message me if interested.
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1248 posts
186 upvotes
TDNGUYEN wrote:

Sportchek is where I got the basic apparel - no need to bother with brand name stuff, but make sure the jacket/pants are pretty waterproof. You can pick up better quality stuff for cheap (same price range as Sportchek) at the Ski & Snowboard show in October.

Cheap board - Kijiji/Craigslist is definitely the place to go. Even the most basic board on Kijiji is cheaper than you renting 3-4 times.

You may want a helmet if you're falling a lot, but I borrowed from friends because it isn't worth the initial investment.

Edit: a friend suggested Level nine sports - did a quick google looks like it ships from the states for minimal shipping fee. My friend said he bought an entire set of gear there for less than $300.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2008
1336 posts
253 upvotes
Blue Mountain wasted their time installed those RFID scanners. i went with a buddy with a 5x7 and never bothered to scan in lol. Everyone knows the chairlift lines are 15-20 minute wait times on the weekends

Blue takes the L
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2008
1336 posts
253 upvotes
zetx wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2016 10:02 pm
travelling to whistler soon do you guys recommend

A) buy snowboard+boot travel bag

or

B) http://www.sportscaserentals.com/Home.html rent a snowboard hard-case for a week for $49
i rented skis both times i went to Whistler

my friend packed his snowboard boots, bindings on his carry-on and rented a snowboard at the village
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3218 posts
141 upvotes
zetx wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2016 10:02 pm
travelling to whistler soon do you guys recommend

A) buy snowboard+boot travel bag

or

B) http://www.sportscaserentals.com/Home.html rent a snowboard hard-case for a week for $49
Depends on how many days you're planning to go boarding. If it's like more than 3, bring your own gears. Else, just rent and enjoy traveling light
Dec 31, 2010
754 posts
118 upvotes
Resurrecting this monster!!!
Looking to buy skiiing gear (Skiis, boots, bindings, poles)
Is US still better (and cheaper) then Canada? I was looking at TruSnow
Can anyone recommend some brands.
I'm a decent skier, always rented in the past. I dont plan on doing tricks
THX!!
× < >