1069 posts

[Merged] The Official Razr HD thread

The Official Razr HD thread

Motorola Razr HD (XT925)

Available from Rogers or Fido

Featuring: (Taken from GSM Arena)

LTE network support
21 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA
4.7" 16M-color Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with HD resolution (1280 x 720 pixels); Corning Gorilla Glass
Superb build quality; Kevlar coated, splash resistant body
Lightly customized Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
1.5 GHz dual-core Krait CPU; Adreno 225 GPU; Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960 chipset
1 GB of RAM and 16GB of storage; microSD card slot
8 MP autofocus camera with LED flash; face detection and geotagging; 1080p video recording
1.3MP front-facing camera for video-chat
Wi-Fi b/g/n and DLNA
NFC connectivity with Android Beam preinstalled
GPS with A-GPS
Accelerometer, proximity sensor and auto-brightness sensor; compass
Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v 4.0
microHDMI port
2500mAh battery
DivX/XviD video support
Office document editor

Xda Forum link

This is the case I got:

Diztronic Black TPU case

http://tpu-cases.com/index.php?main_pag ... Path=44_74

One week shipping from the states

I gave up my nexus 4 for this phone. Simply underrated imho.

What do you guys think of the phone so far?

I would really like to hear how the battery life compares to other phones in your experience.

Any suggestions on cases and screen protectors?

Lets get it on! :cheesygri
26 replies
Apr 22, 2012
127 posts
I would also like reviews on the Otterbox Defender case for this phone (is it even out yet?). I looked everywhere locally but can't find it... Suggestions?

Can't comment on battery life, haven't used it enough to really judge:-)
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3130 posts
I have the otterbox Commuter case.... I dont like at all !!!!!!!!! The power button is extremely hard to push... Especially when I am trying to turn the phone on or off... I have to push on it as hard as I can to turn the phone on... Take the case off and I can power the phone on with a feather almost...
Battery life is amazing !!! I can get 2 full days out of it and the reception is stellar... I was going to pick up a Nexus 4 until I read about the reception issues... There is nothing worse then trying to use my phone and I cant because the reception is crap... I guess this would not matter to all the people who live in large citys...
Feb 12, 2005
352 posts
I just ordered the Defender case this morning from http://ca.crackberry.com/otterbox-defen ... A13608.htm.
I couldn't find it anywhere in store. It was $49.95 + tax and shipping is free. I'm supposed to receive it by Fri afternoon. That's pretty fast.
I saw that Fido and a lot of other stores were selling it for $60 and they were all out of stock.
I hope I don't find it too bulky or hate it.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3130 posts
Have a look on ebay they have them... That is where I picked up my commuter case...
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
12068 posts
Decent phone, and I like it better than some of the competing brands in this class. I also gave up my Nexus 4 order to get this phone, and I'm glad I did, esp. with the officially supported LTE. However, it does lag a bit as compared to iOS, which is Android's fault though. I'm still waiting for my Jelly Bean 4.1 update this week. Hopefully that does remove a bit of the lag.

I don't use any case at all. I bought a small eBay case for it, but even the few mm wider it makes it is just too much. In fact, even without the case I find it awkward to use with one hand, as I do with any phone this big. I think the sweet spot for phones is around 4.2-4.3" or perhaps even slightly smaller. 4.7" is just too big for my tastes.

Battery life seems better than my iPhone 4, but that's not saying much.

For a screen protector I got some $2-3 eBay deal that included 4 protectors. Works perfectly. I'm glad I got 4 though, since one came bent, and I screwed up the application on another. I usually screw up the first 1 or 2 applications though regardless of the phone or protector, so that's not the protector's fault.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
3734 posts
Great battery & premium build (kevlar back), LTE, HD display, IMO the most underrated phone today. This yr ive owned iphone 5, optimus g, & used my gfs gs3 tons. Its on par w/ them IMO, in terms of how i'd rate a phone overall (not talking benchmarks). Too bad i sold it, its a great phone
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3130 posts
I had to reboot a few times to get texting to work again... Seems ok so far...
Oct 21, 2009
298 posts
For those who updated to it, did you notice any performance/battery life changes?
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3130 posts
To early for battery life...
The battery on this thing is amazing anyhow... I can get 2 full days out of it
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2008
8390 posts
ChrisPhil wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 4:05 pm
Jellybean update is out!!
I guess that was the auto update it asked me to do today.

So far so good with the Razr...I bought a cheap case and screen protector from ebay for it and it's working well.

Battery life is Ok...but then again I came from a BB which lasted forever.
Oct 27, 2006
382 posts
Do you guys find that a case is really needed with this phone?
× < >