Aug 17, 2006
1069 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto

[Merged] The Official Razr HD thread

The Official Razr HD thread

Motorola Razr HD (XT925)

Available from Rogers or Fido

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Featuring: (Taken from GSM Arena)

LTE network support
21 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA
4.7" 16M-color Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with HD resolution (1280 x 720 pixels); Corning Gorilla Glass
Superb build quality; Kevlar coated, splash resistant body
Lightly customized Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
1.5 GHz dual-core Krait CPU; Adreno 225 GPU; Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960 chipset
1 GB of RAM and 16GB of storage; microSD card slot
8 MP autofocus camera with LED flash; face detection and geotagging; 1080p video recording
1.3MP front-facing camera for video-chat
Wi-Fi b/g/n and DLNA
NFC connectivity with Android Beam preinstalled
GPS with A-GPS
Accelerometer, proximity sensor and auto-brightness sensor; compass
Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v 4.0
microHDMI port
2500mAh battery
DivX/XviD video support
Office document editor
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xda Forum link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1861

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the case I got:

Diztronic Black TPU case

http://tpu-cases.com/index.php?main_pag ... Path=44_74

One week shipping from the states

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gave up my nexus 4 for this phone. Simply underrated imho.

What do you guys think of the phone so far?

I would really like to hear how the battery life compares to other phones in your experience.

Any suggestions on cases and screen protectors?

Lets get it on! :cheesygri
26 replies
Apr 22, 2012
127 posts
24 upvotes
Quebec
I would also like reviews on the Otterbox Defender case for this phone (is it even out yet?). I looked everywhere locally but can't find it... Suggestions?

Can't comment on battery life, haven't used it enough to really judge:-)
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3113 posts
318 upvotes
I have the otterbox Commuter case.... I dont like at all !!!!!!!!! The power button is extremely hard to push... Especially when I am trying to turn the phone on or off... I have to push on it as hard as I can to turn the phone on... Take the case off and I can power the phone on with a feather almost...
Battery life is amazing !!! I can get 2 full days out of it and the reception is stellar... I was going to pick up a Nexus 4 until I read about the reception issues... There is nothing worse then trying to use my phone and I cant because the reception is crap... I guess this would not matter to all the people who live in large citys...
Feb 12, 2005
352 posts
46 upvotes
I just ordered the Defender case this morning from http://ca.crackberry.com/otterbox-defen ... A13608.htm.
I couldn't find it anywhere in store. It was $49.95 + tax and shipping is free. I'm supposed to receive it by Fri afternoon. That's pretty fast.
I saw that Fido and a lot of other stores were selling it for $60 and they were all out of stock.
I hope I don't find it too bulky or hate it.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3113 posts
318 upvotes
Have a look on ebay they have them... That is where I picked up my commuter case...
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
11441 posts
1439 upvotes
Toronto
Decent phone, and I like it better than some of the competing brands in this class. I also gave up my Nexus 4 order to get this phone, and I'm glad I did, esp. with the officially supported LTE. However, it does lag a bit as compared to iOS, which is Android's fault though. I'm still waiting for my Jelly Bean 4.1 update this week. Hopefully that does remove a bit of the lag.

I don't use any case at all. I bought a small eBay case for it, but even the few mm wider it makes it is just too much. In fact, even without the case I find it awkward to use with one hand, as I do with any phone this big. I think the sweet spot for phones is around 4.2-4.3" or perhaps even slightly smaller. 4.7" is just too big for my tastes.

Battery life seems better than my iPhone 4, but that's not saying much.

For a screen protector I got some $2-3 eBay deal that included 4 protectors. Works perfectly. I'm glad I got 4 though, since one came bent, and I screwed up the application on another. I usually screw up the first 1 or 2 applications though regardless of the phone or protector, so that's not the protector's fault.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
3674 posts
237 upvotes
Great battery & premium build (kevlar back), LTE, HD display, IMO the most underrated phone today. This yr ive owned iphone 5, optimus g, & used my gfs gs3 tons. Its on par w/ them IMO, in terms of how i'd rate a phone overall (not talking benchmarks). Too bad i sold it, its a great phone
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5745 posts
3927 upvotes
Just got OTA update notice for my FIDO RAZR XT925! Hopefully it's Jellybean!!!

★★ WTB: Seagate ST31000524AS Barracuda 7200.12 1TB Model ★★
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5745 posts
3927 upvotes
Yep 4.1.2!!!!!

★★ WTB: Seagate ST31000524AS Barracuda 7200.12 1TB Model ★★
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3113 posts
318 upvotes
I had to reboot a few times to get texting to work again... Seems ok so far...
Oct 21, 2009
290 posts
100 upvotes
Mississauga
For those who updated to it, did you notice any performance/battery life changes?
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3113 posts
318 upvotes
To early for battery life...
The battery on this thing is amazing anyhow... I can get 2 full days out of it
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2008
8217 posts
1055 upvotes
Toronto
ChrisPhil wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 4:05 pm
Jellybean update is out!!
I guess that was the auto update it asked me to do today.

So far so good with the Razr...I bought a cheap case and screen protector from ebay for it and it's working well.

Battery life is Ok...but then again I came from a BB which lasted forever.
Oct 27, 2006
382 posts
2 upvotes
Do you guys find that a case is really needed with this phone?
× < >