[Merged] The Official Razr HD thread

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2014 12:08 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3113 posts
318 upvotes
I am using the Razr on Telus... Anyone else having issues sending a MMS... I have all the settings correct or so I think... I can receive pics... I cant send though
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
11441 posts
1439 upvotes
Toronto
4.1 is smoother, has better notifications, and fixes some annoying bugs.
Orracle wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 6:35 pm
Do you guys find that a case is really needed with this phone?
I bought one, but never use it. I don't need it, and also, the phone is too big as it is. The case just makes it bulkier.
Sep 20, 2005
950 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know of a place in the GTA that will replace the glass screen?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
2597 posts
324 upvotes
Mississauga
Signed on with Fido on the last day of the $56 unl calling/2GB promo and got this phone thinking it was just going to be some kind of a beater which I was going to sell on Kijiji and pick up an iPhone 5 (which wasn't offered with that plan).

Let me tell you how pleasantly surprised I have been with it. It's snappy, real estate is more than enough for me, screen res is amazing, phone reception is always rock solid, even in my house where I was getting dropped calls with my iphone almost once a day. Since I have had this phone I have not had a single dropped call on my end. Expandable memory via micro SDHC for which I picked up a 32Gb card for $9 on another deal.

The carbon fiber body looks and feels amazing. Battery lasts me just about 2 days. JB 4.1 update just came the other day and I love the Motorola SmartActions. Cannot say enough about this phone. The last Motorola phone I had was a startac from the 90's. No way I am selling this for an i5....no ____ way...
Aug 16, 2006
533 posts
94 upvotes
Calgary
For some reason they took away the grass live wallpaper. :( Anyone know if it's possible to get it back?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2006
1069 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
whitefinger wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 3:48 pm
For some reason they took away the grass live wallpaper. :( Anyone know if it's possible to get it back?
Just google it and maybe you can find a download link for the apk. Then just install it on your phone.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
2597 posts
324 upvotes
Mississauga
can anyone recommend a good deal on a case?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2006
1069 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Tig wrote:
Feb 11th, 2013 8:57 am
can anyone recommend a good deal on a case?
Diztronic cases are pretty good for around $11 if you like tpu cases. The link is at the first post of the thread. If you want cheaper then ebay would be your best bet.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
2597 posts
324 upvotes
Mississauga
ChrisPhil wrote:
Feb 11th, 2013 12:58 pm
Diztronic cases are pretty good for around $11 if you like tpu cases. The link is at the first post of the thread. If you want cheaper then ebay would be your best bet.
Thanks, I ordered this with free 2-day shipping: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0096QH ... 00_s00_i00

I had to sign up for Amazon prime for the free shipping, which I will cancel before the end of the trial period.
May 23, 2006
209 posts
7 upvotes
Just ordered the Diztronic based on recommendations in this thread. What's a good screen protector that will work with this case without peeling at the edges? Are the more expensive ones worth the price, or just go for cheapies on ebay? I've heard Wrapsol is great but really thick and might not work with cases like the Diztronic at all.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
3127 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know of a good flip (book-style) case for this phone? Seems like a good option for keeping both the back and the screen protected when not in use.
× < >