Automotive

[Merged] Ontario Driving Test Routes

Apr 7, 2009
63 posts
13 upvotes
TO

[Merged] Ontario Driving Test Routes

Aurora

G2 Exit Test Route 1 (thanks to spiderpal93)

Barrie

G1 Exit Test written directions (thanks to manek)
G2 Exit Test Route 1 - written directions (thanks to JAGpilot)

Brampton

G2 Exit Test written directions (thanks to lear)

Burlington

G2 Exit Test Route 1 (thanks to internetsandbox)

Downsview

G1 Exit Test written directions and experience (thanks to intervention)

Etobicoke

G2 Exit Test Route 1 - written directions (thanks to dhtlee)

Kingston

G2 Exit Test Route 1 (thanks to eddiehosa)

London

G2 Exit Test Route 1 (thanks to LordofthePing)

Orillia

G1 Exit Test Route, G2 Exit Test Route and Tips (thanks to 45ED)

Oshawa

G1 Exit Text written directions and experience (thanks to sikriesty)
G2 Exit Test Route (thanks to briguy)

Port Union

G1 Exit Test Route (thanks to mau77on)
G2 Exit Test Route 1
G2 Exit Test Route 2
G2 Exit Test Route 3 - similar to Route 2 (thanks to dragon_drift)
G2 Exit Test Route 4 (thanks to jas54)
G2 Exit Test Written Experience (thanks to elementary)

Toronto East (Lawrence and Victoria Park)

G1 Exit Test Route (thanks to Matrixvibe)
364 replies
[OP]
Apr 7, 2009
63 posts
13 upvotes
TO
Does anyone know the Oshawa G1 Exit Test Route (not the highway one)?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2006
4150 posts
151 upvotes
North York
BARRIE - Bryne Drive - G2 EXIT

1. Exit test centre parking lot and turn left onto Bryne Drive
2. At the first set of lights, turn right onto Mapleview Drive
3. Take Highway 400 South on-ramp and merge onto the highway
4. Several right to middle and middle to right lane changes on the 400 southbound.
5. Exit at Innisfil Beach Road and turn right at the lights
6. Turn right at the next set of lights onto 5th Sideroad (Veterans Drive)
7. Take Veterans Drive all the way North to Mapleview and continue another few blocks North (speed limit changes from 80 to 60 shortly before Mapleview)
8. Turn left from Veterans Drive onto Touchette Drive and then left onto Lake Crescent.
9. Roadside stop on Lake Cres (no incline), 3-point-turn, and paralell park
10. Turn right onto Touchette Drive from Lake Cres. and then back onto Veterans Drive.
11. Turn left onto Caplan Ave
12. Turn right onto Bryne Drive and go straight
13. Enter the test centre parking lot and just front-in parked

Linked-> http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s ... =UTF8&z=15
Korean girlfriends? Learn to Google? Save money?
What RFD can do for you?

If you drive dangerously I hope you get caught and lose your license/car/dignity! :twisted: :twisted:
Feb 24, 2010
939 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Any test routes for Kitchener or Oakville?
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2006
4150 posts
151 upvotes
North York
Barrie Link update: http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s ... =UTF8&z=15

The old one wasn't showing the section of the 400 I drove on for the test. (edit: I still can't get it to show the 400 portion. Just read the written route)
Korean girlfriends? Learn to Google? Save money?
What RFD can do for you?

If you drive dangerously I hope you get caught and lose your license/car/dignity! :twisted: :twisted:
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1176 posts
76 upvotes
This is great! Thanks everyone!
Jan 29, 2009
291 posts
Just wondering if these are the same every time, or just general guidelines? (Port union specifically)
Deal Guru
May 14, 2007
14206 posts
1020 upvotes
Scarborough
I used to be dah good, but then I took a chop stick to dah eye. So now I just...
Buy buy buy!

[size=0]-Asus P6T | Core i7 920 @4.0ghz | 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz | Corsair H80 | Seasonic X-750W | XFX GTS250 1GB | Crucial M4 128GB SSD | WD Black 500GB, 1TB | WD 2TB Green | Antec 902
-13" MacBook Pro // Lenovo Thinkpad T410 | Core i5
-Acer AOD255 | Atom N550
-Asus Transformer TF101[/size]
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14142 posts
584 upvotes
It just occurred to me I should post these - DriveTest route maps for Orillia.

Then again, I'm in a very good mood now so consider this a product of good vibes:

G1 Exit Road Test Route - Option 1

[INDENT][INDENT]Starting from Laclie St

1 Head south on Laclie St toward Parkhurst Crescent
2 Turn right at Brant St E
(uphill parking)
3 Take the 1st left onto Matchedash St N
(parallel parking)
4 Take the 3rd right onto Coldwater St E
5 Take the 2nd left onto West Street N
6 Take the 1st left onto Mississaga St E
7 Take the 1st right onto Peter St S
8 Take the 1st left onto Colborne St E
9 Take the 1st left onto Matchedash St S
10 Take the 1st right onto Mississaga St E
11 Take the 1st right onto Front St N
12 Take the 1st right onto Colborne St E
13 Take the 1st left onto Matchedash St S
14 Take the 1st left onto Elgin St
15 Take the 1st left onto Front St S
16 Turn right at Neywash St
17 Take the 1st left onto Laclie St

Arriving at Laclie St
Total: 5.7 km - about 14 mins
[/INDENT][/INDENT]

G1 Exit Road Test Route - Option 2

2 Take the 1st right onto North Street E
3 Take the 1st left onto Matchedash St N
(downhill parking, and then parallel parking. Yes, on the same street)
4 Turn right at Neywash St
5 Take the 1st left onto Peter St N
6 Take the 1st left onto Coldwater St E
7 Take the 2nd right onto Front St N
8 Take the 1st right onto Mississaga St E
9 Take the 1st left onto Matchedash St S
10 Take the 1st left onto Colborne St E
11 Take the 1st left onto Front St N
12 Take the 1st right onto Mississaga St E
13 Turn right at Centennial Dr
14 Turn right at Cedar Island Rd/Elgin St
Continue to follow Elgin St
15 Take the 2nd right onto Front St S
16 Turn right at Neywash St
17 Take the 1st left onto Laclie St
18 Turn right at North Street E
19 Take the 2nd right onto Canice St
20 Take the 1st right onto Cedar St
21 Take the 2nd right onto Laclie St

Total: 6.4 km - about 16 mins[/INDENT][/INDENT]

G2 Exit Road Test Route - Option 1

2 Turn right at Neywash St
3 Take the 1st left onto Front St N
4 Take the 2nd right onto Mississaga St E
(Parallel Parking in business area)
5 Take the 3rd right onto West Street N
6 Take the 2nd left onto Coldwater Rd W (signs for ON-12 W/ON-11)
7 Merge onto ON-11 N via the ramp to Gravenhurst
8 Take exit 135 toward Burnside Line
(as soon as you enter the highway, this exit will the first...exit to your right. So you'll be doing on and off, basically).
9 Turn left at West Street N
10 Turn right to merge onto ON-11 S toward Barrie
(same thing as before - your first exit on your right. On and off.)
11 Take the ON-12 W exit toward Coldwater Road/Midland
12 Turn left at Coldwater Rd W
13 Take the 1st left onto Westmount Dr N
(Road side stop)
14 Westmount Dr N turns slightly right and becomes Fittons Rd W
15 Turn right at Laclie St

Total: 12.4 km - about 20 mins[/INDENT][/INDENT]

Tips for G1 Exit:
  • There are some residential roads where your direction of traffic (say, north/south) have stop signs, and the others (east/west) have no stop signs. So when you stop at an intersection, scan left/right to see if this is one of those intersections. If east/west traffic lanes lack stop signs, you are to slowly roll up to check those lanes of traffic before you proceed/turn. Why? Because they lack stop signs, east/west traffic have the right of way. So if you roll up and spot traffic coming from your right going straight, you have to stop.
  • You will be asked, at the end, to reverse bay park here to your left. So if you've been practicing reverse parking to your right -- get hotsteppin' and practice to your left.
Tips for G2 Exit:
  • The parallel parking here is a b***h. It's in a business area with a lot of traffic and in a two way/lane street, no less. Practice your parallel parking a lot. Practice parking in tight spaces. Practice, practice, practice.
  • They will just ask you to pull in/park forwards to your left. The parking spaces are at an angle, so this is easy as s**t.
  • The left turn (step 13) onto Westmount Dr N is a teensy bit tricky because it's a bit angled. It's not like your standard left-turn in a four-way intersection - Westmount is a bit...angled. Check out the Google Map to see what I mean. In any case, you're going to have to make what feels like a wide turn to get there.
  • There's a three-point turn somewhere in the midst of this test. It'll be held in the residential area near the beginning of the test. If memory serves me right, you will know a three-point turn request is coming when the examiner makes you left turn into the beginning of a cul-de-sac area marked by "no exit" signs at the entrance.
General Tips:
  • Look left and right at every intersection.
  • Follow the general speed rule: 40 in residential areas, 50 in other places, and 80 for highways - if no speed limit is posted. If a limit is posted, follow it.
  • Going 1-2 above/below the limit is okay. Otherwise, try to stick to the limit if possible
  • When parking, remember to not park/block someone's driveway/entrance.
  • Lots of sleep and good eats before you go. There's a Tim Hortons up the street (well, from the centre, turn right, and then take your first left) and a convenience store right by the centre itself but, hey, start off the day on the right foot, 'kay?
  • There are (roughly) three examiners - two guys and one woman; all three in their late-40's to 50's. The woman handles (generally) the G1 tests, and the two guys handle the G2 tests. I say generally because if there isn't enough examiners for one test type (say, someone's sick or whatever) then someone else might sub for him/her.
  • They're all super super (yes, twice) nice, IMO.
  • One bathroom (literally, one) in the back-left of the centre. There's a sign (kind of small) that'll point the way. I recommend emptying your no. 1 and/or no.2 before you go. You know, to make things more comfortable. That, and you don't want to spoil the joy of passing with thinking, "damn, I need to pee."
  • When you are approaching a downhill at speed, prepare to keep your foot hovering above the brake. I say this because with any hill, you can so easily speed up. And you don't want to speed on your test, right? So as you approach the hill (or just over), lift your foot off the gas, swivel it over to the brake pedal, and just keep it there, pressing only to maintain proper/safe speed.
  • Please don't yell or threaten the driving examiner with, say, death. They really are nice people. At least the ones at the Orillia DriveTest centre. Someone might be having a bad day, but they're just humans. And they're not trying to fail anyone. They're just doing as you are - one's best.
  • If you look at the DriveTest centre on Google Maps, there are two main (effectively) parking "areas" - the one in front of the centre, and one just east (between the two plazas). The G1 reverse bay parking will happen in the parking area to the east. The G2 front-end parking will happen in the parking area in front of the centre.
Other notes:
  • I only have a Google Maps link for "G2 Exit Road Test - Option 1" because Google Maps, for some reason, mucked up the G1 Route Maps. So hopefully if you visit the link, I'll look okay.
  • The reason why there's only one G2 Exit Test Roup Map is because the other "options" don't vary from this map a lot. I mean it. So just practice this map and there is a very good chance an actual test will resemble this route strongly.
  • Don't be deceived by the word "options". There are two possible routes for the G1 Exit and generally one route for the G2. The examiner, by personal choice, will choose, say , which of the two G1 test routes to take you on.
  • Remember -- there is no guarantee that these (my directions and others posted in this thread and others) will end up being the exact directions your examiner will make you take. From my experience, there is a very good chance these will be the ones. But as with any route, there is always a chance the examiner may alter, due to say, construction on a route road, the test a bit. So use these as very good guides for your test, but don't go into your exam thinking you know the route off by heart. Again, my experiences and provided maps give a "really good chance" of exactness, but your greatest asset going into a test is a s**tload of practice.
Jan 24, 2009
129 posts
4 upvotes
Anyone knows the route for Etobicoke?
It's for g2 exit test.
Thank you!
Sep 28, 2010
1 posts
Markham
Hi,
Does anyone know the route for the G2 Exit test at Lindsay,ON?

Pls ......

Thanks
Dec 2, 2010
1 posts
Etobicoke
JAGpilot wrote:
Apr 6th, 2010 5:20 pm
BARRIE - Bryne Drive - G2 EXIT

1. Exit test centre parking lot and turn left onto Bryne Drive
2. At the first set of lights, turn right onto Mapleview Drive
3. Take Highway 400 South on-ramp and merge onto the highway
4. Several right to middle and middle to right lane changes on the 400 southbound.
5. Exit at Innisfil Beach Road and turn right at the lights
6. Turn right at the next set of lights onto 5th Sideroad (Veterans Drive)
7. Take Veterans Drive all the way North to Mapleview and continue another few blocks North (speed limit changes from 80 to 60 shortly before Mapleview)
8. Turn left from Veterans Drive onto Touchette Drive and then left onto Lake Crescent.
9. Roadside stop on Lake Cres (no incline), 3-point-turn, and paralell park
10. Turn right onto Touchette Drive from Lake Cres. and then back onto Veterans Drive.
11. Turn left onto Caplan Ave
12. Turn right onto Bryne Drive and go straight
13. Enter the test centre parking lot and just front-in parked

Linked-> http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s ... =UTF8&z=15

They took you onto the highway already in the beginning of the test? Do they usually do that, or would they drive around first, and then enter the highway (maybe from a different route)?
[OP]
Apr 7, 2009
63 posts
13 upvotes
TO
Updated. Added new Port Union route.
× < >