Automotive

[Merged] Ontario Driving Test Routes

Dec 24, 2016
3 posts
Hi,

I am going for road test in Toronto Metro East in January, any tips for that Centre? Is it busy area, I am a new immigrant and couldn;t find dates in Brampton so choose whatever centre was available, any advice for Metro East is highly appreciated. Thank you!
Sep 4, 2009
72 posts
1 upvote
G1 exit at Newmarket last week. Very straight forward and easy. If you can't pass it you should not be driving on your own. It's that easy, if you can drive.
Images
  • route.PNG
Feb 3, 2015
132 posts
62 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
SARAVSINGH wrote:
Dec 25th, 2016 9:34 am
Hi,

I am going for road test in Toronto Metro East in January, any tips for that Centre? Is it busy area, I am a new immigrant and couldn;t find dates in Brampton so choose whatever centre was available, any advice for Metro East is highly appreciated. Thank you!
I went to Port Union (near my area) for the G2 exit road test (my first time). It has the second highest failure rate in Ontario G test. To be honest, highway and roads are not that pack; so it should be easy to change lane or merge. But there are too much signs in that side of area to notice.
I didn't look at the map and I don't like going out of town. My examiner was the nicest examiner. I was lucky and didn't panic at all during the test. I knew I would pass it with ease the moment we left the test center for the test.
He comes in and tells me to take a deep breath and relax. He gives me the pitch perfect clear instructions. For example: Remember how you are supposed to go all the way to the right? He mentions me to stay on the middle lane and no need to go all the way to the right as that lane would close anyway and we need to turn left again. He even extends his hand and gestures me the direction.

At the end he tells me: "See, how easy it is to drive"?

I had some Chinese guy for the G1 exit road test. He doesn't give a clear instruction. He is a bit dramatic. I have read a terrible review of him in google. That said he still passed me. Guess I was lucky.
Mar 8, 2017
43 posts
2 upvotes
Does anyone have a G1 Exit test route in Burlington?
Thank you
Mar 8, 2017
43 posts
2 upvotes
Does anyone have a G1 Exit test route in Burlington?
Thank you
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4172 posts
2519 upvotes
North York
Why do you need to know route for G1?
How do I downvote this voting system?
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4172 posts
2519 upvotes
North York
Jimboski wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 8:54 pm
G1 exit meaning going for G2.
really? is that the new term? or am I just oblivious
How do I downvote this voting system?
Dec 16, 2014
776 posts
389 upvotes
Easter Island
konsensei wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 9:08 pm
really? is that the new term? or am I just oblivious
that's the actual terms
G1 Exit (upgrading to G2 licence) = Road test
G2 Exit (G) = Road test with highway component

anyways, I hope mods shutdown these pointless threads. The objective of the road test is to determine your driving skill and capabilities, not how well you can memorize route.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)