Automotive

[Merged] Ontario Driving Test Routes

Mar 20, 2017
1 posts
hi i will be giving my g2 in cornwall ( 120 toll gate )
i already fail in first try ... pleasee if any obe knows the route do tell me ... thanks in advance
Mar 24, 2017
1 posts
Recently passed my G2 Exit at Port Union on attempt 2. Tested with a younger black lady on my first attempt and a younger black gentleman on my second. Both were courteous. Route was as follows:

- Exit the Drivetest area onto Tideswell Rd
- Right onto Rylander
- Left onto Kingston Rd
- Left onto Sheppard Ave (you will do a few lane changes on this road, near the Meadowvale intersection keep aware of the left lane as you will exit onto it)
- Right onto Idagrove Gate
- Left onto Braymore Blvd
- Right onto Dean Park Rd
- Left onto Sudbury Hall Dr (you will do a three-point turn and parallel park on this road)
- Right onto Dean Park Rd
- Right onto Meadovale Rd
- Keep right to merge onto the 401
- Exit at Morningside Dr (keep in the middle left-turning lane as you will be asked to return to the 401 EB)
- Stay on the right and return to the merging lane to get on the 401 EB
- Exit at Port Union
- Left onto Kingston Rd
- Left onto Rylander Blvd
- Left at the 4-way stop to re-enter the Drivetest area
Apr 11, 2017
1 posts
2 upvotes
Since the tips posted on this thread were instrumental in preparing me for my road test, I wanted to pay it forward :D. I recently passed my G2 (G1 exit) road test at the Oshawa DriveTest location and it seems the default test route hasn't changed much over the years. The route of my test was as follows:

- When exiting the plaza of the DriveTest centre, turn right onto John St W.
(Speed limit goes from 40km/h to 50km/h quickly so watch out for that)

- Turn left onto Park Rd S
(After you make the turn & when possible, make sure you lane change to the right)

- Turn right onto Frontenac Ave
(This is a bit of a hidden road. It is right before the gas station and Mac's Convenience store)

- Make the 1st right onto Montrave Ave
(It is along this road that you will be asked to parallel park and demonstrate downhill/uphill parking. When you hit the intersection with Elmgrove Ave, make sure that traffic from both sides are completely clear before proceeding straight.)

- Turn left onto Pine Ave

- Make the 1st left onto Cromwell Ave
(It is here that you will be asked to perform a 3pt turn)

- After performing the 3pt turn, turn left back onto Pine ave

- Turn right onto Grenfell St
(There is no stop sign when making this turn, so just slow down your speed, do a quick check to your left and then proceed with the right turn.)

- Turn right onto King St W
(This is crucial. Make sure that the lane is COMPLETELY clear before you turn right. Even if you have enough space to make it before an oncoming car, don't proceed until that car has passed. Otherwise, this will result in an automatic fail.)

- Turn right onto Park Rd S
(Again, if the stop light is red, make sure you come to a complete stop, then inch forward, and make sure the lane is COMPLETELY clear before making the right turn. Once you've made the turn, move into the left lane when possible.)

- Turn left onto John St W

- Turn left back into the plaza of the DriveTest Centre

- The instructor will then tell you where to park and the test is complete.

Tips & Advice
- Reverse park into the one of the numbered parking spots on the left side of the drive test centre. This will make it easier for you to see when you begin the test. Try to find a spot as close to the entrance of the test centre as possible.
- Inching is CRUCIAL before making any turn.
- Make sure to check your mirror after you've completed every turn.
- Exaggerate any movement (lift your head to check your mirrors every 5-10 seconds, turn your head completely to check blind spots)
- If you're unclear about any instruction, make sure to speak up and double check with the instructor.
- If possible, do a few practice runs of the route above before your test. This will help in warming you up, calming down any nerves and giving you an idea of which car they may ask you to parallel park behind. An hour of practice beforehand should be sufficient.

That's it! I hope the information above helps anyone with an upcoming driving test at the Oshawa centre. Of course, this route isn't guaranteed to appear on your test but I would say it is very likely ;). If you have any further questions, let me know. Best of luck everyone!
Apr 18, 2017
1 posts
Does anyone have a recent route for the Kitchener location on Ottawa Street for g1 exit test? Thanks!
Feb 8, 2017
4 posts
Hello friends,

Recently I failed my G2 test in Toronto East Metro. I am planning to take again at the same place.

Is it a good idea?
4:40 pm drive test is a good time or too much traffic?
my instructor asked me to pay $300 for Oshawa test centre, is it normal or high?
Apr 17, 2014
1 posts
Brampton
Hi Everyone
Anyone know about the Class A (truck) test route for Barrie location and parking lot or backing test of Truck
Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2574 posts
533 upvotes
Toronto
nalan2017 wrote:
May 10th, 2017 4:08 pm
Hello friends,

Recently I failed my G2 test in Toronto East Metro. I am planning to take again at the same place.

Is it a good idea?
my instructor asked me to pay $300 for Oshawa test centre, is it normal or high?
4:40 is a bad time. I would reccomend 10-11am if possible.

Cant say much about the price.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1121 posts
80 upvotes
therollin wrote:
May 17th, 2017 10:03 am
4:40 is a bad time. I would reccomend 10-11am if possible.

Cant say much about the price.
wtf who pays 300 dollars for a practice test
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1480 posts
192 upvotes
Markham
DukeMazer wrote:
Jan 24th, 2017 10:18 am
G1 exit at Newmarket last week. Very straight forward and easy. If you can't pass it you should not be driving on your own. It's that easy, if you can drive.
Not only that but if anyone needs 'the answer to the exam' to pass they should also not be driving on their own
May 23, 2017
1 posts
Not interested in routes. I'm driving consistently and confident in my ability to manage a vehicle.

When it comes to the G2 exit test, I do have some questions:

1. Let's say that the on-ramp suggested speed is 50 km, I should keep to that speed or will 60 be fine?
2. I've been told by my instructor that if the highway's speed limit is 100 km, I should merge at that speed. But what if the flow of traffic is much slower. Do I hit 100 then slow down to the appropriate speed or do I keep to the slow, appropriate speed?
3. Do I need to maintain a 3-second following distance or is that optional?
4. When exiting, let's say the suggested speed limit is 70 km. Do I slow down to that speed when I pass it or do I slow down much earlier?
Dec 16, 2016
7 posts
nalan2017 wrote:
May 10th, 2017 4:08 pm
Hello friends,

Is it a good idea?
300? OMG
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1121 posts
80 upvotes
stealthfighter69 wrote:
May 24th, 2017 7:59 am
Not interested in routes. I'm driving consistently and confident in my ability to manage a vehicle.

When it comes to the G2 exit test, I do have some questions:

1. Let's say that the on-ramp suggested speed is 50 km, I should keep to that speed or will 60 be fine?
2. I've been told by my instructor that if the highway's speed limit is 100 km, I should merge at that speed. But what if the flow of traffic is much slower. Do I hit 100 then slow down to the appropriate speed or do I keep to the slow, appropriate speed?
3. Do I need to maintain a 3-second following distance or is that optional?
4. When exiting, let's say the suggested speed limit is 70 km. Do I slow down to that speed when I pass it or do I slow down much earlier?
no no dont do that
Jun 21, 2017
5 posts
3 upvotes
1. The on-ramp suggested speed of 50 is only a recommendation (black on yellow speed sign). You won't be given a speeding ticket, however, if you spin out of control, you can still be charged with careless driving. At the road test, the ramp speed should be adjusted based on three factors: roadway surface, traffic and weather. All in all, you shouldn't be feeling a swing or sway when negotiating the ramp.
2. Your instructor only gave you half of the answer, you should merge at either the speed limit or speed of the traffic gap, whichever is lower.
3. The 3- to 4-second following distance is the minimum for speed up to 80 km/h only. On higher speed roads, you need even bigger following distance. This is not optional as if you ever crash into the car in front of you, you can be charged with "following too close" which carries 4 demerit points, even more than running a stop light.
4. When exiting, while you are still on the highway, keep the posted speed limit. You only slow down to the recommended speed once all your wheels have entered onto the exit ramp. In fact, no matter how good you drive or how perfect you park, you will fail the G2-exit test if you slow down on the freeway before reaching the exit ramp.

stealthfighter69's attitude is correct, forget about the routes, just focus on the skills. I have written up a little piece on 10 tips to pass the Ontario road test, it may be handy.

I have to declare a conflict of interest, I am a driving instructor but most of you are not even in an area served by my school, so I do not profit from this.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)