Automotive

[Merged] Ontario Driving Test Routes

Aug 14, 2014
11 posts
7 upvotes
Oakville, ON
To the people who still have driving lessons coming up before they go for the test (whether it's for G2 or G), I highly recommend you to have your lessons booked in advanced. Do not leave it till the last minute. I learnt this lesson the hard way back then I was going for my G2 Neutral Face
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40176 posts
9435 upvotes
^ What happened?

My daughter will become an ultimate driver soon by enrolling at the namesake school.
Aug 14, 2014
11 posts
7 upvotes
Oakville, ON
alanbrenton wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 12:54 pm
^ What happened?

My daughter will become an ultimate driver soon by enrolling at the namesake school.
Long story, but I basically had a hell of an instructor who bailed out of my lessons last minute (one of those instances was a ridiculous no-show, he didn't even tell me he won't be coming at all). To make matters worst, I enrolled in a "G2 package deal" with Young Drivers Driving School where they would allow me to use their car for my driving test after completing ten lessons with them. So every time my instructor ditched my lesson, it means that my driving test date would get pushed back - much to my displeasure :facepalm:
Aug 29, 2017
1 posts
Can someone help posting Belleville G2 exit test (for G) route if they have please? Thanks in advance
Dec 13, 2010
0 posts
FYI: Improve your chance of passing by understanding the danger posed by badly designed parking lots. My son flunked his first road test before he even got out of the parking space because someone pulled in beside him only inches away and there isn't enough room in front to exit properly. Next time i brought a tape measure and found the parking area doesn't even come close to meeting municipal standards.
[removed]
Sep 25, 2017
3 posts
I did the G Road test in Simcoe it was pretty easy. And I passed even though I got 28 ticks on the page. Yea yea I know look out mirrors and blind spots every 5 seconds. .. Anyway I have no idea of the road names so I will have to update at a later time on the way I took as I will try to find it all on Google maps.

Just remember to know how to lane change , Emergency stop, parallel park, and 3 point turn. And look at mirrors and blind spots all the time lol. If you can do all that then you will pass.
Oct 1, 2017
1 posts
Hi all,

Pretty nervous about the G test that I'd be having in a few weeks in Peterborough, Ontario. I did manage to find 1 route on this forum for it (but that was in 2016 and I heard the routes might've changed). Does anyone have the G test route for Peterborough that they recently in 2017? It would really be appreciated - thanks in advance :D
Oct 10, 2017
5 posts
ChrisM704705 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 3:53 am
I did the G Road test in Simcoe it was pretty easy. And I passed even though I got 28 ticks on the page. Yea yea I know look out mirrors and blind spots every 5 seconds. .. Anyway I have no idea of the road names so I will have to update at a later time on the way I took as I will try to find it all on Google maps.

Just remember to know how to lane change , Emergency stop, parallel park, and 3 point turn. And look at mirrors and blind spots all the time lol. If you can do all that then you will pass.
Please can you post Simcoe G road test route i have mine in 2 weeks and what is the highway they take you to Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Oct 10, 2017
1 posts
anynoe knows North Bay G test route? Thanks a lot. i will go there next week.

my lisence will be expiried at December and i feel upset

Thanks again
Feb 29, 2016
16 posts
2 upvotes
Hi All,

Planning to take G2 Road Test in Oakville shortly. Have booked the 12pm slot. Few questions:

1. Is the timing good? Hope there won’t be too much traffic at that time
2. Does anyone have the route (written instructions/google maps)
3. If someone can share some pointers to keep in mind for the exam, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
R.
Sep 25, 2017
3 posts
Nsharif wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 5:55 pm
Please can you post Simcoe G road test route i have mine in 2 weeks and what is the highway they take you to Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Started at Drive Test Centre.
Turn Left onto Highway 3 (Queensway East)
Did a few Lane changes on Queesnway East
Turned Left on to Norfolk Street North (Highway 24)
Turned Right onto Windam Street
Windham Street then turns into Colborne Street North
Then we turned onto one of the side streets sorry I do not remember the name of the side streets.
on the side streets I had to do the 3 point turn , emergency stop ,parallel parking.
Then we turned Right onto Robinson Street.
Turned Left onto Queen Street.
Turned Right onto West Street.
Turned Right onto Hillcrest Road.
Turned Right onto Hiway 3 (80Kmph Highway) this is the Highway part of the test, you will merge onto Highway 3.
Did a bunch of lane changes on Highway 3.
Turned Right onto Donly Dr. North
Turned Right into the Drive Test Centre and parked in a parking spot.
Sep 25, 2017
3 posts
Here is the Simcoe G road Test Route at least the one I took when I did my road test last month....

Started at Drive Test Centre.
Turn Left onto Highway 3 (Queensway East)
Did a few Lane changes on Queesnway East
Turned Left on to Norfolk Street North (Highway 24)
Turned Right onto Windam Street
Windham Street then turns into Colborne Street North
Then we turned onto one of the side streets sorry I do not remember the name of the side streets.
on the side streets I had to do the 3 point turn , emergency stop ,parallel parking.
Then we turned Right onto Robinson Street.
Turned Left onto Queen Street.
Turned Right onto West Street.
Turned Right onto Hillcrest Road.
Turned Right onto Hiway 3 (80Kmph Highway) this is the Highway part of the test, you will merge onto Highway 3.
Did a bunch of lane changes on Highway 3.
Turned Right onto Donly Dr. North
Turned Right into the Drive Test Centre and parked in a parking spot.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)