Expired Hot Deals

[Merged][Other] Acanac Cable: 10/15mbits Internet Service $35.95/$39.95 - ONT/QUE

[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2005
1254 posts
192 upvotes

[Merged][Other] Acanac Cable: 10/15mbits Internet Service $35.95/$39.95 - ONT/QUE

http://www.acanac.ca/cable.html

Just announced about an hour ago, didn't see anything about the cable deal in the other thread.

They service Toronto, and Milton for sure, not sure about other areas. If you click order now a postal code checker will pop up and tell you if they service your area. I'm calling Cogeco to cancel tomorrow (or price/feature match).

Plan Features Residential Cable Internet 10Mbps Residential Cable Internet 15Mbps
$35.95 Order Now
$39.95 Order Now
OVERVIEW

Speed 10Mbps/512Kps 15Mbps/1000Kps
Bandwidth Traffic *Unlimited *Unlimited
No Cost Online Storage $10 Value 100GB 100GB
No Cost Encrypted Browsing $5 Value Yes Yes
No Cost VPN Account $10 Value Yes Yes

Email Services

Number of Accounts 100 5000
Attachments Send up to 500MB Send up to 1000MB
Email Storage 10GB 30GB
Virus Checker Yes Yes

Free Extras

IP's Address *Up-to 1 Static - VPN Based *Up-to 1 Static - VPN Based
SSH Tunnel Yes Yes
Online FTP Account 100GB 100GB
Referral Program Yes Yes
Community Yes Yes

Order Order

Pricing and Speed Inforamtion.
Please be aware that all terms are charged up-front. Please also be aware that not all areas support the maximum speeds above . If you're not happy with your speeds you're more than welcome to take advantage of our 30 day money back guarantee minus your modem purchase and activation fee. Cost of Cable Modem is $50.00 - Motorola SB5101N - Activation fee is $29.95 - Your free to use your own modem as long as it's in our list of Approved Cable Modems in Ontario

Term Discounts Residential Cable Internet 7.5Mbps Residential Cable Internet 15Mbps

1 Month Term $44.95 $48.95
3 Month Term $41.95 x 3 $45.95 x 3
6 Month Term $38.95 x 6 $42.95 x 6
12 Month Term $35.95 x 12 $39.95 x 12

Order Order
479 replies
Aug 2, 2009
163 posts
14 upvotes
Mississauga
$39.99/month for a 1 year contract, title is a bit misleading
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2005
1254 posts
192 upvotes
I'd sign up for 10 years if it meant unlimited bandwidth at that price =P Even Acanac's month to month service is cheaper than Cogeco with their ****** 60 gig cap.

But fixed thread title =)

edit: as others have pointed out it's not a contract. It's 12 months paid up front with no cancellation fees. If you cancel say six months in they will refund you your remaining six months minus the discount applied for paying in advance.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2741 posts
38 upvotes
toronto
Im too lazy to do some math...

how much is my initial "charges" to get everything set up?

I'm down for this.
Jul 21, 2010
308 posts
6 upvotes
DLFB wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2010 2:04 am
Im too lazy to do some math...

how much is my initial "charges" to get everything set up?

I'm down for this.

Pricing and Speed Inforamtion.

Please be aware that all terms are charged up-front. Please also be aware that not all areas support the maximum speeds above . If you're not happy with your speeds you're more than welcome to take advantage of our 30 day money back guarantee minus your modem purchase and activation fee. Cost of Cable Modem is $50.00 - Motorola SB5101N - Activation fee is $29.95 - Your free to use your own modem as long as it's in our list of Approved Cable Modems in Ontario
May 31, 2006
545 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
i wonder if teksavvy will price match it? im eithier goin with acanac or teksavvy at the end of this month but from what i heard teksavvy is more reliable....
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2005
1254 posts
192 upvotes
Yeah but teksavvy just had their wings cut out from them thanks to Bell and the CRCT.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
2793 posts
198 upvotes
Bamelin wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2010 2:17 am
Yeah but teksavvy just had their wings cut out from them thanks to Bell and the CRCT.

care to elaborate? is this because of the whole dsl caps thing?
Mar 16, 2008
55 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
Dark-Danz wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2010 1:58 am
$39.99/month for a 1 year contract, title is a bit misleading

It is actually not a contract. There are discounted monthly rates depending on the term. If you pay for a year, but leave after 6 months, then they will charge you the price for a 6 month term and refund the rest. There are no fees for cancelling early. There are no penalties if you want to upgrade your service.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
5512 posts
449 upvotes
Mississauga
Woot, just did a check and it shows that my location is covered! Been waiting so long for Teksavvy to get service here but they haven't delivered.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2005
1254 posts
192 upvotes
fightbriz wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2010 2:27 am
care to elaborate? is this because of the whole dsl caps thing?
It's a long story but basically CRCT ruled that Bell can charge the independent ISP's overage charges or something like that. It basically means that independent ISP's will have to bring their prices in line with Bell (complete with caps) or be charged directly for the overage of their customers ...

bottom line, on DSL no matter who you are with, goodbye bandwidth, hello bell style caps (or overage fees).

The big Cable companies (Rogers, Cogeco, etc) actually has the right to charge overages to independent ISP's too ... but I am guessing that Rogers wants to steal market share from Bell so they are "allowing" Acanac to give unlimited bandwidth (for now).
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
7980 posts
452 upvotes
Toronto
not sure I understand how they just announced this deal when UBB is about to wreak havoc in a few months...Rogers won't sit idle while Bell has their fun it's just not in their nature to pass up easy money. is there a guarantee you won't be charged overbilling down the road or do they have the right to change TOS.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2005
1254 posts
192 upvotes
belowzeros wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2010 2:43 am
not sure I understand how they just announced this deal when UBB is about to wreak havoc in a few months...Rogers won't sit idle while Bell has their fun it's just not in their nature to pass up easy money. is there a guarantee you won't be charged overbilling down the road or do they have the right to change TOS.
They (incumbent cable co's) can pull the unlimited out at any time.
*Important Notes

Static IP's for VPN's will be available at the end of November for all Cable High Speed Internet service plans. All Ontario High speed Cable packages come with unlimited bandwidth this however can change without notice.
http://www.acanac.ca/cable.html

Like I said, the incumbent cable companies just want to hurt Bell. You can be rest assured this will hurt Bell market share ... I am guessing there will be a stampede of teksavvy customers rushing to Acanac rather than going to Bell. People HATE Bell right now, even more than before (as if that was possible) thanks to them screwing over every independent ISP in the country (and every single customer as well) through their puppet the CRCT.

This is my take on the situation at least. In Quebec you'll note that Acanac Cable is capped at 40 gig/60gig. I think Videotron decided not to play ball?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2008
4179 posts
313 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Can anyone tells me why the offer in Quebec sucks?

Is it because of videotron?

Why is that?
× < >