Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon] [PCDD] Amazon.com - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition $15, NBA 2K13 $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2013 11:50 am
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
2650 posts
348 upvotes
GTA
I think ill finally pick up bioshock 1 and 2 for 7.49. Hope steam has their summer sale soon. Btw where is binary domain for $10 I can't find it. Seems to be for 39.99 when i search it there. Thanks
Oct 20, 2002
569 posts
28 upvotes
Kingston
Bought Max Payne 3, but can't seem to activate on Steam. Anyone have any luck with this?

EDIT:

Damn... figured it out. When selecting the version there is a Steam DRM option. Be sure to select that one, assuming you prefer Steam to Amazon's service.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
7101 posts
1180 upvotes
does anyone know how many times you can install a steam game? I heard 2 times? :confused:

like this game bioshock
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SecuROM

Purchasers of BioShock were required to activate the game online, and users who exceeded their permitted two activations would have to call to get their limit raised.

so if i buy it for steam i can only install it twice?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
3973 posts
881 upvotes
Toronto
Not too sure, but wasn't that just for people who bought physical copies of Bioshock (for the PC)? Steam lets you install as many times as you want, IIRC.
[OP]
Dec 7, 2007
4582 posts
15301 upvotes
Toronto
jarko wrote:
Jul 1st, 2012 12:27 pm
I think ill finally pick up bioshock 1 and 2 for 7.49. Hope steam has their summer sale soon. Btw where is binary domain for $10 I can't find it. Seems to be for 39.99 when i search it there. Thanks
Upcoming July Sales (coming sometime in July):

Binary Domain -$9.99 Activates on Steam
Marlek wrote:
Jul 1st, 2012 1:02 pm
Bought Max Payne 3, but can't seem to activate on Steam. Anyone have any luck with this?

EDIT:

Damn... figured it out. When selecting the version there is a Steam DRM option. Be sure to select that one, assuming you prefer Steam to Amazon's service.
Some Games have Steam and Non Steam options available click the right one!
See first post.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1093 posts
203 upvotes
Calgary
Bought max payne on steam :D
I noticed the other games I looked at like spec ops, darkness etc. don't list the steam option like max payne did. Do these still give you the keys still like max payne did?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1655 posts
37 upvotes
bomberman447 wrote:
Jul 1st, 2012 4:26 pm
I noticed the other games I looked at like spec ops, darkness etc. don't list the steam option like max payne did. Do these still give you the keys still like max payne did?
Yup, there's an option after you purchase to just get the key, I did that, and activated in Steam w/o any issue.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
1717 posts
978 upvotes
Montreal
Corleone187 wrote:
Jul 1st, 2012 1:08 pm
does anyone know how many times you can install a steam game? I heard 2 times? :confused:

like this game bioshock
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SecuROM

Purchasers of BioShock were required to activate the game online, and users who exceeded their permitted two activations would have to call to get their limit raised.

so if i buy it for steam i can only install it twice?
In that Wiki page, it says that 2K Games removed that activation limit for Bioshock back in 2008. But yea, I've heard of some games having activation limits, but of course, it depends on the game.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1093 posts
203 upvotes
Calgary
Eluder wrote:
Jul 1st, 2012 4:42 pm
Yup, there's an option after you purchase to just get the key, I did that, and activated in Steam w/o any issue.
Thanks. I will have to see if I feel like buying anything else now :facepalm:
Jun 30, 2011
149 posts
46 upvotes
SURREY
CMvan46 wrote:
Jun 30th, 2012 9:19 pm
I've bought about 5 games from Amazon . com and my Canadian credit card has always worked.

I don't know how many people live in BC but there is a place just across the Sumas border crossing called Ship Happens. $5 to pick up whatever you have sent there but I also have that address as my default address for the US Site. I've always had my digital downloads go through just fine. Amazon's downloader is wickedly slow though so I'd definitely activate through Steam.
Thanks for the tip about Ship Happens, much appreciated. Do they just charge a flat rate of $5 regardless of the size of the package?

Edit: just visited their site and answered my own question
Jun 30, 2012
6 posts
1 upvote
bomberman447 wrote:
Jul 1st, 2012 4:26 pm
They charge tax at Amazon don't they? Tempted to get it too, been waiting for a sale.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1093 posts
203 upvotes
Calgary
cb919f3 wrote:
Jul 1st, 2012 6:50 pm
They charge tax at Amazon don't they? Tempted to get it too, been waiting for a sale.
I was charged $32.39, 8%. Maybe choose an address in a state with lower tax.
Only downloading at 3.0mb/s. Steam must be aware and throttling the downloads :lol:
[OP]
Dec 7, 2007
4582 posts
15301 upvotes
Toronto
Update...

Coming sometime in July:

Binary Domain -$9.99 Activates on Steam

Kingdoms Of Amalur-$24.99
[INDENT]Legend of Dead Kel DLC-$4.99
Tooth of Naros DLC-$4.99
[/INDENT]

7/8-7/14:
[INDENT]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box [Download] Activates on Origin - $4.99
Need For Speed World Bronze Starter Pack [Online Game Code]Activates on Origin - $7.49
Need For Speed World Gold Starter Pack [Online Game Code] Activates on Origin- $14.99
Need For Speed World Silver Starter Pack [Online Game Code] Activates on Origin- $11.24
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit [Download]Activates on Origin - $4.99
[/INDENT]

7/12-7/14
[INDENT]Need for Speed: The Run [Download]Activates on Origin - $9.99[/INDENT]
× < >