• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2013 12:40 am
Tags:
None
Sep 20, 2006
186 posts
15 upvotes

[Merged] Petro Canada $100 gift cards for $49

As title states, buy $100 Petro Canada gift cards for $49, limit 3 per person, but can buy an unlimited number as gifts.
I came across this today but it seems too good to be true so I have not tried it. Does anyone have experience with this website (Groupon clone)?

Scorching deal if anyone can verify as legitimate. Might be Ottawa-only as the site is Ottawa-based.

http://yourcitydeals.com/deals/petro-canada
230 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
2277 posts
424 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Sounds good... but... :)

They do have an RFD affiliate link...
Oct 14, 2012
63 posts
19 upvotes
Laval
***** it. Ain't goin back to jail.
Aug 21, 2011
99 posts
16 upvotes
NEW WESTMINSTER
If it sounds too good to be true it probably is ...
Nov 3, 2011
741 posts
91 upvotes
STOUFFVILLE
Seems like a scam..

All Petro Canada cards will be mailed to buyer by Canada Post. Petro Canada Cards DO Not have an expiry dates and they do not have any restrictions on the usage. But they must be used at any Petro Canada stations. To Redeem voucher email your voucher code and mailing address and phone number to info@yourcitydeals.com .

Buy a voucher, get a unqiue code that's only for you - then email it to them? :P
May 18, 2008
476 posts
25 upvotes
b0ne wrote:
Oct 26th, 2012 12:52 pm
Sounds good... but... :)

They do have an RFD affiliate link...
What do you exactly have to do to get a RFD affiliate link? Just pay RFD?
Oct 14, 2012
63 posts
19 upvotes
Laval
What's the worst that can happen? Call your CC company and cancel the charges for not getting the deal?
Mar 31, 2007
52 posts
12 upvotes
plg_cp wrote:
Oct 26th, 2012 12:38 pm
As title states, buy $100 Petro Canada gift cards for $49, limit 3 per person, but can buy an unlimited number as gifts.
I came across this today but it seems too good to be true so I have not tried it. Does anyone have experience with this website (Groupon clone)?

Scorching deal if anyone can verify as legitimate. Might be Ottawa-only as the site is Ottawa-based.

http://yourcitydeals.com/deals/petro-canada
Did you look at the 13 comments section? It's a great deal IF it's legit. I called Petro-Can to see if could verify yourcitydeals.com's legitimacy and/or this deal. CSR was of no help but, in her defence, she pointed out that anybody can buy their gift cards. The web site says deal is on with 135 gift cards shown as having been purchased. I guess the trick would be to find out what the price of the cards would be if one were to buy $13,500 worth. At least that way you could determine whether yourcitydeals.com could sell them to end users without taking a loss.

Great deal if legit. Not so good if all you end up doing is paying and giving credit card information to an internet site without verification of legitimacy. Of note may be that it appeared to me that Ottawa was the only city listed and there were only 2 deals. Could be that it's a new site/outfit but I'm not willing to spend $50 to find out.
× < >