• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2013 10:36 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2008
9782 posts
440 upvotes

[Amazon] Philips wake up light, $80 at amazon

There was a lot of interest in the last thread from Costco, which got sold out.

Amazon has an older model but does the same thing on sale right now.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003XN4 ... 6054207011

I bet this won't last very long. Personally I prefer the round one and I like the orange/red light it starts with, but this is a pretty good deal (and the other deal is dead anyways)
44 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4910 posts
753 upvotes
GREAT PRICE! This price virtually is the same as the $78 Lightning Deal thread where I got my own HF3470/60:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/lightnin ... a-1258724/

For those who missed it, here is slowtyper's very active recent expired thread (multiple models discussed and purchased): http://forums.redflagdeals.com/philips- ... a-1273835/

slowtyper, good to see you still watching out vigilantly for deals on wake up lights!
Dec 12, 2005
896 posts
83 upvotes
Thanks! Picked it up after contemplating on the first deal on Amazon; wasn't a full believer on the product, but good to hear people's reactions and that it does work!
Dec 23, 2005
218 posts
22 upvotes
Scarborough
Thanks OP ordered
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2008
2555 posts
145 upvotes
I ordered mine from costco and tested it for 2 days before returning it. I'm a pretty deep sleeper and couldn't wake up using this clock
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2250 posts
465 upvotes
Lethbridge
wszeto28 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 7:28 am
I'm a pretty deep sleeper and couldn't wake up using this clock
Same issue, but I hung onto mine - The light doesn't help with waking me up, but once the alarm goes off (that part does work on me) & with the light already on, it certainley helps get me out of bed. Since it efectively doubles as a dimmable bedside light as well, it's not that bad a purchase @ $80.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4910 posts
753 upvotes
As a deep sleeper myself, Pauly Boy's experience with the device mirrors mine. It absolutely helps in making the transition out of bed much easier. Even with the light and sound going at full blast, I often lie in bed anywhere between 10 minutes (on weekdays) and an hour (on weekends) just letting it gradually ease me out of bed. It really is easier on the mood and the heart. This contrasts to waking up to a standard alarm or cellphone alarm which is jarring, startling, and harshly forces you from slumber to a heart-racing jolted awakened state.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1017 posts
98 upvotes
Maple
You guys must sleep like the dead. I wake up with the sound almost immediately, so I set it low so I can wake to the light. And for what it's worth, I really like the orangey light, I find it really soothing.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15176 posts
816 upvotes
change my life? Really?
Feb 7, 2008
292 posts
86 upvotes
St Catharines
Thank you OP, I just caught this here even if it is a repost, my wife and I have been waiting for the prices to come down on these, thank you.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4910 posts
753 upvotes
I sleep soundly because I'm in massive sleep debt. Bad habit of mine, sleeping about 6 hours per night. I remember there was one winter where I completely paid back my entire sleep debt, felt so alert during the day, but had trouble staying asleep at night (couldn't ever get back into deep uninterrupted sleep) until I started the bad habit again. :lol:

For what it's worth, I immediately awake when my alarm goes off if I'm in an unfamiliar location. It's only in my own bed in my own home where I feel so relaxed and comfortable that I could sleep forever. I don't need the Philips lamp anywhere except near my comfy own bed.

There's an LED version? Which one?
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
18193 posts
107750 upvotes
GTA
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 9:47 am
As a deep sleeper myself, Pauly Boy's experience with the device mirrors mine. It absolutely helps in making the transition out of bed much easier. Even with the light and sound going at full blast, I often lie in bed anywhere between 10 minutes (on weekdays) and an hour (on weekends) just letting it gradually ease me out of bed. It really is easier on the mood and the heart. This contrasts to waking up to a standard alarm or cellphone alarm which is jarring, startling, and harshly forces you from slumber to a heart-racing jolted awakened state.
You hit the nail on the head. This is not going to work any miracles as far as 'making you' get out of bed. At the end of the day (or should I say the beginning :cheesygri ), that is all up to the individual and how motivated they are to get the day started. What this device does is make it easier for you to wake up, by waking you up gradually. With traditional alarms, the sound is much too jarring and it is way too easy to hit the snooze button and/or turn it off. With this, you are partially awakened by the light first, and then when the sound goes off, it is much easier to wake up.
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 3:19 pm

There's an LED version? Which one?
The 3510/3520 ($99/$140) are LED.
× < >