Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

Philips wake up light, $80 at amazon

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2013 10:36 am
Nov 24, 2012
887 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
Tabooger wrote: Going to return my unopened one from Costco and get this. 23$ difference is not worth it for me. The one from Costco is not much different.
The old one is apparently much larger and has an unattractive design.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
Tabooger wrote: Going to return my unopened one from Costco and get this. 23$ difference is not worth it for me. The one from Costco is not much different.
Where is the extra $3 coming in? If I were you, I'd order both and give them a try. The light is quite different. To me that, plus the design, plus costco warranty is worth $20.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: I sleep soundly because I'm in massive sleep debt. Bad habit of mine, sleeping about 6 hours per night.
I wish I could get 6 hours of sleep per night....I think about 6 hrs/night is pretty common actually (except for kids/teenagers)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
6145 posts
2957 upvotes
Kanata
slowtyper wrote: Where is the extra $3 coming in? If I were you, I'd order both and give them a try. The light is quite different. To me that, plus the design, plus costco warranty is worth $20.
I don't want to ship an open item back to Amazon at my cost. $3 is from the tax. What is Costco warranty, I didn't know they had extra for these type of electronics.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
By costco warranty, I mean that if there is ever a problem with it, they'll just take it back and refund you your money, anytime.

Yeah returning back to amazon is annoying. Thats another reason I'd stick with costco for now, because you may want to return it for some other reason.

Just my opinion
Jun 3, 2012
809 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
Is this old model still worth it or is it better to wait for a deal on the newer models?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
john.canad wrote: And how does one buy replacement light bulbs?
Go to www.philips.ca, click on the lamp model you want, click on the Specifications tab, and it should list the bulb type.

For example, on the specifications page for my HF3470/60: http://www.philips.ca/c/light-therapy/h ... ifications
Lifetime of lamps: expected >4.000 hours
Type of lamps: Philips Halogen Lamp 100W, 12V, GY6.35
Let's take an extreme case. Say I never use it for bedside illumination/reading/mood lighting, but if I oversleep by one hour every day with my lamp at full blast trying to ease me out of bed, that's still eleven years of life expected on the bulb. And when it dies, it's three dollars to buy a new one (I did a Google search for the bulb type and was surprised how cheap it was).

With an eleven year life on this bulb, I'll probably die from my unhealthy undersleeping habits before this bulb dies. :lol:
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17117 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
the bulb will probably be unavailable due to legislation by the time you need one
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Hahaha, good point! I should have bought the LED version, because that seems to be the direction the world is going with phasing out incandescent lighting, and LEDs starting to take a bite out of CFLs. :lol:

I'll just buy whatever newest version Philips will offer in eleven years time. Hopefully by then, it will be a robot who not only wakes me up in a soothing way, but also makes me breakfast and makes my bed. :lol:
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17117 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: Hahaha, good point! I should have bought the LED version, because that seems to be the direction the world is going with phasing out incandescent lighting, and LEDs starting to take a bite out of CFLs. :lol:

I'll just buy whatever newest version Philips will offer in eleven years time. Hopefully by then, it will be a robot who not only wakes me up in a soothing way, but also makes me breakfast and makes my bed. :lol:
that would be a happy ending
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Speaking of a happy ending, I wouldn't mind if said robot gave me a tugjob to wake me up. :lol:

Philips, make it happen! :lol:
Dec 22, 2004
271 posts
60 upvotes
Just placed an order for this with the Amazon gift certificate I have been saving for something special.

I'm not a morning person as well (is anyone?), so I hope it works!
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4846 posts
2018 upvotes
Ottawa
Deal is dead I think.. it's back to 94.95 now
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2010
1020 posts
462 upvotes
Deal died just as I hit submit. :( Up to $95.
Really needed this for grad school, too.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17117 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
mine did not wake me up this morning...
Dec 25, 2012
28 posts
4 upvotes
OAKVILLE
i'm depressed and lonely.

thanks for listening

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)