• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2013 10:36 am
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4906 posts
750 upvotes
john.canad wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 9:32 pm
And how does one buy replacement light bulbs?
Go to www.philips.ca, click on the lamp model you want, click on the Specifications tab, and it should list the bulb type.

For example, on the specifications page for my HF3470/60: http://www.philips.ca/c/light-therapy/h ... ifications
Lifetime of lamps: expected >4.000 hours
Type of lamps: Philips Halogen Lamp 100W, 12V, GY6.35
Let's take an extreme case. Say I never use it for bedside illumination/reading/mood lighting, but if I oversleep by one hour every day with my lamp at full blast trying to ease me out of bed, that's still eleven years of life expected on the bulb. And when it dies, it's three dollars to buy a new one (I did a Google search for the bulb type and was surprised how cheap it was).

With an eleven year life on this bulb, I'll probably die from my unhealthy undersleeping habits before this bulb dies. :lol:
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4906 posts
750 upvotes
Hahaha, good point! I should have bought the LED version, because that seems to be the direction the world is going with phasing out incandescent lighting, and LEDs starting to take a bite out of CFLs. :lol:

I'll just buy whatever newest version Philips will offer in eleven years time. Hopefully by then, it will be a robot who not only wakes me up in a soothing way, but also makes me breakfast and makes my bed. :lol:
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14301 posts
602 upvotes
Scarborough
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 12:11 am
Hahaha, good point! I should have bought the LED version, because that seems to be the direction the world is going with phasing out incandescent lighting, and LEDs starting to take a bite out of CFLs. :lol:

I'll just buy whatever newest version Philips will offer in eleven years time. Hopefully by then, it will be a robot who not only wakes me up in a soothing way, but also makes me breakfast and makes my bed. :lol:
that would be a happy ending
MOONBOX PRO:Group Buy | User Thread
H.TVBox 3 Group Buy | User Thread
TVPad4 | User Thread

Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4906 posts
750 upvotes
Speaking of a happy ending, I wouldn't mind if said robot gave me a tugjob to wake me up. :lol:

Philips, make it happen! :lol:
Dec 22, 2004
265 posts
59 upvotes
Just placed an order for this with the Amazon gift certificate I have been saving for something special.

I'm not a morning person as well (is anyone?), so I hope it works!
Jul 20, 2010
563 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver
Deal is dead I think.. it's back to 94.95 now
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2010
1012 posts
452 upvotes
Deal died just as I hit submit. :( Up to $95.
Really needed this for grad school, too.
Dec 25, 2012
28 posts
4 upvotes
OAKVILLE
i'm depressed and lonely.

thanks for listening
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4906 posts
750 upvotes
This morning I actually "overslept" and discovered something new about my HF3470/60. The light and sound will automatically shut themselves off after 90 minutes from your programmed wake-up time.

The night before, I had set my wake-up time to be 10:20am.

That means the light will start its sunrise simulation (light fading in) at 9:50am.

At 10:20am, the light reaches full brightness and the sound begins to fade in.

By about 10:21am or 10:22am, the sound reaches its full volume.

It continues to pump out maximum light and sound until 11:50am, upon which time the sound cuts out completely and the light fades to nothing within a few seconds.

Because it's a weekend, I simply laid in bed until past 1pm, which I haven't done in ages. It kinda felt sinfully delicious. :lol:
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14301 posts
602 upvotes
Scarborough
actng wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 12:21 pm
mine did not wake me up this morning...
i read the manual. rather counterintuitive.
to turn on alarm function, you have to press the alarm key as if you were editing the wake up time... the clock will flash and you let it flash... after flashing for a few seconds it will stop flashing and stay / activate in alarm mode.

it failed to wake me up again this morning but that was because i woke up earlier than the alarm...

i'm starting to wonder whether this light will help me wake up because it is usually pretty bright when i wake up, even in the winter. i thought this light would be really bright "like the sun" and "spot light" shine me awake. lol
MOONBOX PRO:Group Buy | User Thread
H.TVBox 3 Group Buy | User Thread
TVPad4 | User Thread

Jun 3, 2012
797 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
Used it for 2 days now. What is weird is that I set it for 8:00 am but I keep on waking up naturally at 7 am now, so I don't know if it's in anticipation for the light or something hahaha... but I don't know if the light itself is doing anything, going to need to try it out for a week or so.
× < >