Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2017 9:46 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12323 posts
1278 upvotes
Toronto

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

Hi everyone, this is just a reminder to let everyone know that this thread was meant for RFD members that have a dash cam / dash cam app on phone and for them to post up interesting videos that have been captured with it. This thread is also open to discussion for videos posted by members, Thanks

This thread is great for those who have dash cams mounted in their vehicles. Post up any events you have caught with your dash cam in this thread!

rules: for each video, you must specify which type of dash cam it was recorded to. I'll start first

May 23rd, edit. Youtube Videos resolution tip:

Most videos on Youtube when posted on RedFlagDeals will play at 360p default. In order to watch it in a higher resolution, click on the 360p button and click on 720p or 1080p if available. Just a little reminder to those that aren't too youtube savvy. I had a couple of complaints from other people that the resolutions were bad, but it turned out that they didn't know how to utilize the resolution options on Youtube

Nov 18th, 2011 approx 2pm on markham rd/finch ave.

Recorded with a nexus S with moto360 app on a cellphone windshield mount. :D

Feb 27th, 2015: Thank you everyone for your participation in this thread!
27748 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2008
4362 posts
362 upvotes
the title of your video is misleading. it should be derp mz5 driver who only yields to stupidity.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1962 posts
184 upvotes
zzz3 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2011 12:30 am
the title of your video is misleading. it should be derp mz5 driver who only yields to stupidity.
Actually, there's 3 lanes there, the bus cut off the mazda to pass the truck.. lol wow, that's an aggressive ttc driver.

EDIT: While I'm at it, guess I'll post this again.

Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5833 posts
233 upvotes
Derpy mazda driver and crazy bus driver.
The mazda got off the line pretty damn quickly compared to OP lol
signature edited for rule violations
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1058 posts
49 upvotes
London ON
ryosayku wrote:
Nov 20th, 2011 12:33 am
Actually, there's 3 lanes there, the bus cut off the mazda to pass the truck.. lol wow, that's an aggressive ttc driver.

i couldn't help but laugh at the music playing while watching the accident
and how calm you were!

and its fun trying to predict what will happen :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1962 posts
184 upvotes
jordanr1987 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2011 12:59 am
i couldn't help but laugh at the music playing while watching the accident
and how calm you were!

and its fun trying to predict what will happen :lol:

Lol... I was real pissed, I would have yelled at the other driver if it wasn't a girl who was already crying the second she got out of the car.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4320 posts
2549 upvotes
Montreal
IBTL....Low content and useless.
Deal Guru
May 14, 2007
14455 posts
1217 upvotes
Scarborough
ryosayku wrote:

At first when you got out of the car, I thought... Peter Chao!? lol

I caught one of the NCIX warehouse sales lineup on dashcam ;) (old, have yet to upload some of my newer captures but nothing really exciting in the footage)

Canon SD1400is mounted on custom homemade suction cup mount

Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
8234 posts
1742 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ryosayku wrote:

I know other driver is at fault on this one, but it seems to me you could have braked or even changed lanes when that car was turning.

Personally I would have been driving in the left lane when that SUV was turning.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
21501 posts
2328 upvotes
ryosayku wrote:
Okay that IS-F driver is a moron for just moseying on out into the lane there, but at the same time why didn't the driver with the cam swerve? (Of if that was you why didn't you swerve, if that was you?) Sure the IS-F coming out there is at fault but I dunno I've had stuff like that happen to me lots of times and always managed to avoid an accident. It wasn't like that driver shot out, they kind of rolled out slowly or at least that's how it looks on the camera.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1962 posts
184 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote:
Nov 20th, 2011 10:05 am
Okay that IS-F driver is a moron for just moseying on out into the lane there, but at the same time why didn't the driver with the cam swerve? (Of if that was you why didn't you swerve, if that was you?) Sure the IS-F coming out there is at fault but I dunno I've had stuff like that happen to me lots of times and always managed to avoid an accident. It wasn't like that driver shot out, they kind of rolled out slowly or at least that's how it looks on the camera.

Maybe it just looks slow in the video, but at 50km/h, I had about 1 sec to react from the time I horned till impact, I could have swerved, but there's no way of me knowing if somebody would be in my blindspot at the time, and I did brake hard or else she would have took out my whole passenger side lol.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1376 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
What camera and mount are you using, ryosayku?
Jun 2, 2011
651 posts
61 upvotes
Its great to see drivers with dashboard cameras as they provide irrefutable evidence in accident scenes where there are fewer or no witnesses.

Also, if it appears that there was a "staged" collision, the video might prove otherwise so that way the fraudsters are exposed.
Oct 16, 2008
576 posts
13 upvotes
ryosayku wrote:

plus the ttc driver changed lanes in the middle of an intersection too. Should have reported this crazy dude.
I used to be me!

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 0 guests)

TheDoctah, ed116, GunnerX