Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 11:36 am
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
2690 posts
2708 upvotes
Ottawa
Mazda 3 driver does not understand what a double right turn means for lanes..... around 40s mark. Then at the end of the video a dodge ram runs the red. Typical downtown Ottawa driving....

Jul 25, 2015
912 posts
734 upvotes
Yup Ottawa has some of the worse drivers anywhere. Anyone having trouble passing their exit exam should come to Ottawa.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
2087 posts
2433 upvotes
Ottawa
Sinasta wrote: Yup Ottawa has some of the worse drivers anywhere. Anyone having trouble passing their exit exam should come to Ottawa.
+1. It seems like Ottawa only has three types of drivers:

1. The elderly people driving 40 km/h on Hunt Club.
2. The soccer/hockey moms driving like idiots in their Caravans
3. The suburban rednecks from Barrhaven and Nepean driving their pickups aggressively in downtown
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21246 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Sinasta wrote: Yup Ottawa has some of the worse drivers anywhere. Anyone having trouble passing their exit exam should come to Ottawa.
lol, everyone thinks they have the worst drivers. Sad thing is drivers everywhere in North America equally suck.
Last edited by engineered on Mar 25th, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
chriscabob wrote: Mazda 3 driver does not understand what a double right turn means for lanes..... around 40s mark. Then at the end of the video a dodge ram runs the red. Typical downtown Ottawa driving....

You're one of those open mouth coughs aren't you?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2011
5834 posts
1219 upvotes
aGincourt
LongLiveRFD wrote: This is the gross incompetence of MTO's examination's system.

The way the white Kia DIDN"T pick up speed properly (from your rearview), I assume this is a G1 driver.

He somehow thought taking your lane instead of the Civic's would be safer.

The only possible explanation is that the left turning Toyota Matrix temporarily blocked his vision and only saw the Civic but not your car when shoulder checking.

Or he thought he couldn't use the Bus lane but that's even dumber move.
Driver making right turn thought OP would stop at the yellow, that's it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
6412 posts
2624 upvotes
Mort Réal, QC
engineered wrote: lol, everyone thinks they have the worst drivers. Sad thing is drivers everywhere in North America suck.
Have you driven in Asia, Russia, Europe, Middle East?
Perhaps, and I just mean perhaps, Scandinavia has some decent drivers.
I can't afford to buy cheap stuff. Always on lookout for deals on quality goods and services.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21246 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
WHO wrote: Have you driven in Asia, Russia, Europe, Middle East?
Perhaps, and I just mean perhaps, Scandinavia has some decent drivers.
Perhaps I wasn't clear. North American drivers suck equally. Scandinavia/Germany has better drivers than most. Yes, I've driven in other continents.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
2690 posts
2708 upvotes
Ottawa
Supercooled wrote: You're one of those open mouth coughs aren't you?
Came from Costco ate a hotdog and poutine hard to clear that crap out after eating it
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21246 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Sinasta wrote: I've been to over 50 countries and Ottawa is up there.
http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/11/26/ott ... es-insurer
That article didn't mention other countries, but it's not surprising that it's just behind North York for collision rates in Ontario.

Here's the most recent study. Halifax is the worst, with the GTA and Ottawa close by. Ottawa actually improved recently. Not surprising that the bigger cities are worse.
http://www.allstate.ca/webpages/docs/cu ... tional.PDF
http://www.allstate.ca/webpages/about/n ... study-2016

Looks like most accidents are texters/tailgaters.
Type of Loss Cause_____________% of occurrence
Rear-ended_____________________26%
Turning and Intersections______24%
Parked Vehicle_________________13%
Lane Change____________________10%
Stationary Object or Ditch_____10%
Backing up into Vehicle_________7%
Chain Reaction Multi-Vehicle____6%
Pedestrian or Cyclist___________3%
Other___________________________2%
Head-on Collision_______________1%
Last edited by engineered on Mar 25th, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 25, 2015
912 posts
734 upvotes
engineered wrote: That article didn't mention other countries, but it's not surprising that it's just behind North York for collision rates in Ontario.
No put it still proves my point that Ottawa has a large number of shitty drivers.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2014
1165 posts
979 upvotes
Ottawa
chriscabob wrote: Mazda 3 driver does not understand what a double right turn means for lanes..... around 40s mark. Then at the end of the video a dodge ram runs the red. Typical downtown Ottawa driving....

This is the worst. Almost everyone who makes this turn gets it wrong and nearly smashes into the car in the middle lane. They need to make it more obvious that its a double right turn.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
chriscabob wrote: Came from Costco ate a hotdog and poutine hard to clear that crap out after eating it
I let it rip in my car from both orifices but I do keep some semblance of decorum in the company of others. It's actually bad for you though. I should be morr selfish.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12348 posts
5403 upvotes
Sinasta wrote: I've been to over 50 countries and Ottawa is up there.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/11/26/ott ... es-insurer
You should read a bit on how they conducted the study

About the Study:

Allstate Canada conducted an in-depth analysis of company collision claims data to determine the safest communities in Alberta, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Ontario based on the frequency of collisions. The study spans a 24-month period beginning July 1, 2014, through June 30, 2016. It also offers a comparison to the data from July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2014. Collision frequency refers to a percentage of vehicles insured by Allstate Canada involved in a collision that resulted in a claim.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
568 upvotes
Near Toronto

edit down your video.. .It NEVER needs to be 2 min long.
Mar 26, 2017
36 posts
75 upvotes
Contributing my video for Ottawa having some of the worst inattentive drivers (muted for language and date/time is incorrect, happened yesterday)

Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21246 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
blexann wrote: You should read a bit on how they conducted the study

About the Study:

Allstate Canada conducted an in-depth analysis of company collision claims data to determine the safest communities in Alberta, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Ontario based on the frequency of collisions. The study spans a 24-month period beginning July 1, 2014, through June 30, 2016. It also offers a comparison to the data from July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2014. Collision frequency refers to a percentage of vehicles insured by Allstate Canada involved in a collision that resulted in a claim.
Unless you think drivers insured by Allstate are somehow different than the general public, the study should be acceptable.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12348 posts
5403 upvotes
engineered wrote: Unless you think drivers insured by Allstate are somehow different than the general public, the study should be acceptable.
We will never know since the sample only includes drivers insured by Allstate. It's a survey of drivers insured by Allstate and not a survey of all drivers - this must skew the results. Just thought that needed to be considered when commenting on the survey - re 'Ottawa is up there' comment.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21246 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
blexann wrote: We will never know since the sample only includes drivers insured by Allstate. It's a survey of drivers insured by Allstate and not a survey of all drivers - this must skew the results. Just thought that needed to be considered when commenting on the survey - re 'Ottawa is up there' comment.
I don't see any reason to think that people insured by Allstate don't represent the general public. I'd bet that most large insurers have fairly diverse customers.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

zrepiV