Page 1333 of 1966

Re: [Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

Posted: May 16th, 2017 5:39 pm
by blexann
fatcrazycat wrote:

This horrible accident happening in front of me
Terrible accident, really hope the biker is ok. Good on the woman that went to help, the rest of the bystanders were probably just in shock. Driving a motorcycle anywhere in the GTA is just too dangerous.

Re: [Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

Posted: May 16th, 2017 6:04 pm
by HammerRFDer

Posted: May 16th, 2017 7:24 pm
by 6mthatch
fatcrazycat wrote: Call 911 was urgently needed instead of coming out and didn't know what to assist.
Thats the bystander effect. Next time, react instead of freeze. Do something, anything. Call 911. Check the motorcyclist. Do something. Start directing orders to people.

Posted: May 16th, 2017 8:32 pm
by Nfsryder
fatcrazycat wrote:

Oh man seeing shit like this just gets my blood boiling. That crv driver needs to be taken into a dark room and shot.

Posted: May 16th, 2017 8:43 pm
by Rfd10202
fatcrazycat wrote:
Hope the biker ends up alright, looks like a terrible hit. Hope you're doing ok too fatcrazycat, thanks for sharing the video it's a good reminder to everyone to be more mindful of our surroundings when driving.

Posted: May 16th, 2017 8:45 pm
by Nfsryder
Motorcyclist is in critical condition

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/7 ... n-markham/

**** the CRV driver

Posted: May 16th, 2017 8:55 pm
by Avatar
blexann wrote: Terrible accident, really hope the biker is ok. Good on the woman that went to help, the rest of the bystanders were probably just in shock. Driving a motorcycle anywhere in the GTA is just too dangerous.
Good for the woman to STOP on the middle of the road WITHOUT flashing emergency light and went to help. What kind of help she can do? Trying to move the guy and make it worse? Sigh. Have some common sense. Call 911 and leave it to the professional.

Posted: May 16th, 2017 9:02 pm
by blexann
Avatar wrote: Good for the woman to STOP on the middle of the road WITHOUT flashing emergency light and went to help. What kind of help she can do? Trying to move the guy and make it worse? Sigh. Have some common sense. Call 911 and leave it to the professional.
My first thought is she could have been a nurse. Whatever you need to try and help - Im sure with all the cars there someone called 911

Posted: May 16th, 2017 9:59 pm
by george__
White Comet wrote: lol i'm just 5 mins from this video location.
Meet him

Posted: May 16th, 2017 10:37 pm
by Super_Chicken
That's why I stopped riding years ago. Everyone is half asleep or too busy texting. That was a bad impact, hopefully the biker pulls through.

Posted: May 16th, 2017 11:51 pm
by simpledude
Footage from my dashcam

Posted: May 16th, 2017 11:55 pm
by Ebeniz
maybe she's a nurse

Posted: May 17th, 2017 12:00 am
by Ebeniz
fatcrazycat wrote: Call 911 was urgently needed instead of coming out and didn't know what to assist.
you're a witness to a bad accident and maybe a death. Your first hand account is very important for the police. And do you know what's more important? YOUR VIDEO. stop being selfish and stick around.

Posted: May 17th, 2017 7:28 am
by arm2000
fatcrazycat wrote:

CRV was at fault but I have a strong feeling that the biker was going way too fast

Posted: May 17th, 2017 8:41 am
by Bunyak
Ebeniz wrote: maybe she's a nurse
That's what I thought. She's dressed like a nurse and looked ready for action.

Posted: May 17th, 2017 12:42 pm
by engineered
qaz393 wrote: Image

there is a video link of the story on cp24 site. i didnt see it earlier
"but.... but... SUVs are so much safer" says all of the ignorant soccer moms.... "what is high centre of gravity?" :P

Posted: May 17th, 2017 12:51 pm
by engineered
xPhyre wrote:

Looked like the bus stopped at the red and then decided to run it
Did the bus get pulled over by cops at the end?
Jucius Maximus wrote: #HandleBarCam

Here were see a motorist improperly yielding to me on a bicycle. This motorist is either ignorant or just trying to be nice. But their actions are greatly dangerous.

I was cycling and waiting for a good opportunity to turn left. I was signalling left with my arm, and for some reason, the oncoming Nissan driver slowed down to let me turn.

The Nissan driver had the right of way and should have just kept driving. I waved the Nissan driver along, with the intent of turning left after the oncoming lanes were clear.

The Nissan driver's actions were incredibly dangerous and could caused a traffic accident:
1. If I had actually turned left when the Nissan driver improperly yielded, other oncoming cars in the next lane could have rightfully passed the Nissan, and then T-boned me on my bicycle.
2. Because I had to wait for the Nissan driver to move along, and for the cars that driven up behind the Nissan to also pass, I was there in the left lane, exposed to more fast-moving cars from behind, increasing my own risk of getting hit, and also inconveniencing other motorists.
3. The Nissan driver could have been rear-ended as a result of stopping in the lane for no good reason.

I'm lucky I wasn't injured in this sequence.

+1, always follow the rules of the road. Trying to be courteous and let someone in is dangerous. I've seen a few accidents that happened this way, including one of those tour de france wannabe bicyclists (looked like he was exceeding the speed limit) eat it into the side of car turning in front of him.

Posted: May 17th, 2017 1:59 pm
by qaz393
engineered wrote: "but.... but... SUVs are so much safer" says all of the ignorant soccer moms.... "what is high centre of gravity?" :P
hmmmmmmm lowered coupes/sedan can end up on roof too

Posted: May 17th, 2017 2:04 pm
by engineered
qaz393 wrote: hmmmmmmm lowered coupes/sedan can end up on roof too
They can but they're much less likely to.

Posted: May 17th, 2017 2:19 pm
by Hyphy
arm2000 wrote: CRV was at fault but I have a strong feeling that the biker was going way too fast
A 21-year-old Pickering man is expected to survive after being rushed to hospital May 16 following a collision between a Honda CR-V and the motorcycle he was driving in Markham.

Police were called to the scene of the crash at Bur Oak Avenue and Markham Road at 2:39 p.m. and reported the man sustained life-threatening injuries. His condition has since improved.

The driver of the Honda, a 50-year-old Markham woman, is charged with careless driving.

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/7 ... n-markham/