Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2024 5:51 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7664 posts
10948 upvotes
Scarbs
McLaren__F1 wrote: Not my video, my cumpare showed me

Excellent scandinavian flick
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Jul 28, 2005
149 posts
130 upvotes
Happened as I was driving home. The white suv tried to stop but the car behind plowed him into the semi.

Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
6189 posts
1546 upvotes
GTA
fallen022 wrote: Happened as I was driving home. The white tried to stop but the car behind plowed him into the semi.

The white SUV was on cruise control? seemed there's steering input but no brake effort.
Last edited by LongLiveRFD on Oct 18th, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
fallen022 wrote: Happened as I was driving home. The white tried to stop but the car behind plowed him into the semi.

Strange that the silver SUV had enough force to push the white SUV into the tractor. It almost looked like the white SUV was going to hit the tractor anyway and the silver SUV gave it another push.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Jul 28, 2005
149 posts
130 upvotes
There was an initial plume of dust, so part of me thinks the white suv tried to brake off to the curb to avoid the semi, but lost traction on the dirt and still had enough momentum to jump the back of the semi.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17817 upvotes
GTA, ON
I dunno, I watched the video over and over again. As I pause and play it slowly it does appear the white SUV was at a safe crawl (though really close to the truck) behind the truck when the silver SUV crashed into it at full speed. The silver SUV definitely didn't brake at all.

Hope the driver of the white SUV was okay. Went air born.

*edit*

By the way OP. You need to fix your date/time stamp. You titled your vid Oct 17th but your time stamp says the 18th @ 1:41am
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
Yea that was a pretty violent collision hope all are ok. Played it frame by frame and at around 8.5 sec the white SUV does veer to the right just before the silver SUV makes contact.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19126 posts
9047 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
fallen022 wrote: Happened as I was driving home. The white suv tried to stop but the car behind plowed him into the semi.

Please send it to the parties involved. This is going to be very helpful when the driver of the Nissan Rogue makes a liability suit.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
McLaren__F1 wrote: Not my video, my cumpare showed me

aeba7 wrote: Excellent scandinavian flick
looked like a perfect drift initiation into that entrance if the VW wasn't there.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11095 posts
6728 upvotes
Toronto
TicoGato wrote:
Nice you turned left to capture the action but couldn't tell much by it.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
TicoGato wrote:
That's a full out take down!
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17817 upvotes
GTA, ON
Seeing videos that don't involve simple traffic violations, this is a welcomed change to this thread.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Jul 28, 2005
149 posts
130 upvotes
geokilla wrote: Please send it to the parties involved. This is going to be very helpful when the driver of the Nissan Rogue makes a liability suit.
Yeah, I called the OPP detachment so see if they wanted it, didn't see anything on the news about it, hope it looks worst then it is.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1211 posts
135 upvotes
Markham
This was yesterday on the DVP just around 630pm (don't mind the date and timestamp on my dashcam; it's not correct as it turned off and I didn't update it), would this be a 50/50 ruling ? Maybe an unsafe lane change and then you have the pickup sideswiping the white SUV ? No audio in the video, but while this was happening, you can actually hear the metal-on-metal scraping. I thought the side mirror on the pick-up would actually bend backwards, he's so close to the car.

Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33206 posts
21116 upvotes
Toronto
looks like the pickup truck could not give a **** as he simply drove off Astonished Face
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 19th, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bypassing the word censor
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1211 posts
135 upvotes
Markham
booblehead wrote: looks like the pickup truck could not give a **** as he simply drove off Astonished Face
He didn't care at the time but I did see him slowing down at the turn, and the white SUV was right on his tail. I hope they resolved it but I'm curious how something like this would be claimed.

I think there must have been an accident at the 401 East ramp. They closed it just as soon as I was about to enter it so I had to go to the West entrance.
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 19th, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quoted post was edited
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33206 posts
21116 upvotes
Toronto
too bad you could not provide your footage to the GLK guy for insurance reporting
Banned
Jul 31, 2016
437 posts
253 upvotes
pnyknights wrote: How long until they got traffic moving again?
It felt longer than it actually was. It was unnecessary for them to block both lanes once they had the two guys in cuffs. eventually, they blocked the left lane and let us go. Max 10 minute wait.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)