Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 4:27 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
blexann wrote: Reviewed that video many times including slow motion. The light turned red exactly as the near miss happened which was mid way through the intersection. The car going straight was not going much faster than the other traffic (not speeding). Had an accident occurred fault has to be 100% on the left turner, can't really see it any other way.
well of course the left turners would be 100% at fault according to the HTA and insurance. What I'm saying is that with two cars turning left prior to him entering the intersection, and with the light being amber, it would have been safer for the car going straight to have just slowed and come to a stop then to keep on going and almost colliding with that 3rd car.

At the end of the day we all have to drive defensively regardless who's in the right and who's in the wrong.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
sunvv wrote:

I was so mad about this idiot driver, looked like he had no clue about where he would go, then charged to the exit without checking.

date and time were wrong, it happened this Tuesday afternoon.
Out for a test drive and way listening to the sales person? Still, stupid.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10978 upvotes
Scarbs
Cuts two lanes and drives 30 under the limit (probably watching the pedestrian counter or scared of the left turners up ahead)

When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
cowbunpants wrote: This thread should be called; "Post videos of nothing happening/ perceived butthurt."
Speaking of which, I hate when people do dumb manoeuvres, then don't even get up to proper speed to minimize their dumb move.
This old guy cut across 3 lanes, the median, then basically parks on the on ramp, then merges onto the highway at 60kph. Old people should be required to have self driving cars when they come out.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2013
4498 posts
6936 upvotes
Somewhere in AB
Suzuki4ever wrote: Yet another pointless accident
Seems like the white Sienna has dealer plates. Perhaps the driver was on a test-drive? Yikes & Ouch.
"You don’t need to sacrifice stability, common sense, and comfort if a 1% bond still lets you achieve your financial goals." M. Housel
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
TuxedoBlack wrote: Seems like the white Sienna has dealer plates. Perhaps the driver was on a test-drive? Yikes & Ouch.
How does that old signage go, "YOU BREAK, YOU BUY"?

Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4567 posts
3509 upvotes
Montreal
engineered wrote: Speaking of which, I hate when people do dumb manoeuvres, then don't even get up to proper speed to minimize their dumb move.
This old guy cut across 3 lanes, the median, then basically parks on the on ramp, then merges onto the highway at 60kph. Old people should be required to have self driving cars when they come out.
I see your old guy merging at 60, and raise you old guy driving 30 or 40 below flow of traffic and beelined for the left lane.

Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1290 posts
720 upvotes
Richmond Hill
NSFW Language

lucky nobody going straight

Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
First fail of the snowfall tonight. Young girl flew around the corner in her Corolla with all seasons, right into a lamp post. I pulled up to see if she was OK and she said "it just was so slippery", I said, yea, that's what snow does.
I was thinking that it was a pretty ambitious speed she took through as she was doing it, but I was having no trouble with my snow tires so figured she had some and would be OK... nope.

2018-12-13 Corolla, snow, all seasons, lamp post, fail. Ford Drive and Upper Middle, Oakville.

Jul 25, 2015
912 posts
734 upvotes
engineered wrote: First fail of the snowfall tonight. Young girl flew around the corner in her Corolla with all seasons, right into a lamp post. I pulled up to see if she was OK and she said "it just was so slippery", I said, yea, that's what snow does.
I was thinking that it was a pretty ambitious speed she took through as she was doing it, but I was having no trouble with my snow tires so figured she had some and would be OK... nope.

2018-12-13 Corolla, snow, all seasons, lamp post, fail. Ford Drive and Upper Middle, Oakville.

Sister probably drives a RDX.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Suzuki4ever wrote: Beware on Yonge north of Bloomington
Better to just report on Waze.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto
jzmtl wrote: I see your old guy merging at 60, and raise you old guy driving 30 or 40 below flow of traffic and beelined for the left lane.

u to nice. i would have gone around him ages ago.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2869 posts
2130 upvotes
engineered wrote: First fail of the snowfall tonight. Young girl flew around the corner in her Corolla with all seasons, right into a lamp post. I pulled up to see if she was OK and she said "it just was so slippery", I said, yea, that's what snow does.

Perfect response ;)
Smash that like button!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
LMAO. Yeah too bad they didn't make her learn that when she got her licence.
May 30, 2017
135 posts
46 upvotes
Thought he was late for a meeting at Buttonville. Nope, just misusing the centre lane.

Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
6mthatch wrote: Perfect response ;)
ES_Revenge wrote: LMAO. Yeah too bad they didn't make her learn that when she got her licence.
Yea, she acted/sounded so entitled and dumb that I felt that was karma for her. In reality should probably could have thrown her bumper in the trunk and driven home. I doubt that she hit hard enough to push her bumper beam through her condenser and into her radiator.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4695 posts
4968 upvotes
GTA
Wow that's some bad driving. Imagine if that car waiting to make a left went because dumb-dumb is also in the left turn lane.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)