Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 11:04 am
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
Evil Baby wrote: Moron e-bike rider on the wrong side of the road.

edit: nothing exciting happens in the video btw.

Typical bad bike/e-bike behavior.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1125 posts
1028 upvotes
CardinalComb wrote: Whats the fine / charge for a hit and run, what that lexus driver did? Suspended licence?
Criminal chargers can be laid. In this case, because its so minor, it will most likely be just a HTA violation, but will have huge repercussions on the drivers record and relationship with his insurer.
When a driver does not stop at the collision scene then it is a criminal charge under the Criminal code. Such cases mostly involve cyclists and pedestrians and the severity of the damages are also very high, even death.
Source: https://www.ratelab.ca/hit-and-run-affect/
Don't forget to goo your attic!
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
AtticGoo wrote: The video is more than enough. Its a generic license plate, its not custom. Did the OP roll down the window and make a hand gesture and point with where he should go?

Anyone want to contribute to my fund to run a owner plate search on BCTF 734?? It costs $12. I'm willing to take donations to pull the driver's records from the MTO. The information we would get as listed on the MTO website are as follows:
My concern what that having with and without the space would make it easier for someone searching to find these posts.

I think doxxing even by legal means is not allowed on RFD.
RolandCouch wrote: Typical bad bike/e-bike behavior.
Yes, it's getting to the point that anything using public roads should be licensed with a driving/riding test. Or, if optional, not having a license/test should make the biker always at fault in an accident (unless premeditated or extremely negligent.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3141 posts
1321 upvotes
Toronto
I would've thought a car of that caliber (the lexus) would have anti-collision warning
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1621 posts
251 upvotes
Newmarket
husband did report the guy, and also included the link to the video
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
6190 posts
1546 upvotes
GTA
ak-47 wrote: I would've thought a car of that caliber (the lexus) would have anti-collision warning
It'd take the driver's intellectual caliber to turn it on.

Not the first time seeing cars here with auto brake to rear end others.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Next time get out of the car right away and inspect the damage. If you just drive off, driver assumes no one is going to wait.
Oct 12, 2010
259 posts
252 upvotes
You might want to try talking to the police in person as they once gave me a hit-and-run drivers phone number. A Chinese woman reversed into me while we were in the driveway of a restaurant. I had a cheapo Saturn and it broke a couple of plastic parts under the hood, but it looked fine from the outside. She got out of her car, looked at my front end, proceeded to get back in her car, do a u-turn and drive out of the parking lot. I went to the police with the license plate number (I think it was in Markham) and they gave me her phone number to call and see if we could work things out. I left a bunch of messages, being quite polite, but they never called me back. Anyways, I did a reverse lookup and was able to find an address. It was around Christmas time, so being passive aggressive, I drove to their house, seeing the nice Acura that had hit me and left a nice Christmas card at their home, telling them of the damage they had caused and that they should have a nice holiday. If i did it again, I would have also included a coupon for driver's ed training as a bonus gift.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7673 posts
10975 upvotes
Scarbs
LongLiveRFD wrote: It'd take the driver's intellectual caliber to turn it on.

Not the first time seeing cars here with auto brake to rear end others.
That, and it's Markham. Driving skill is inversely proportional to income in these parts
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Kiraly wrote: Was that a Michigan plate? In MI you make a left turn by making a right and a U turn.

But not in the middle of an intersection. They have a turnaround in the boulevard just after the intersection.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ak-47 wrote: I would've thought a car of that caliber (the lexus) would have anti-collision warning
Looks like an 08-10 Lexus LX. It might not have had the Pre-Collision System option.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1125 posts
1028 upvotes
engineered wrote: My concern what that having with and without the space would make it easier for someone searching to find these posts.

I think doxxing even by legal means is not allowed on RFD.

Yes, it's getting to the point that anything using public roads should be licensed with a driving/riding test. Or, if optional, not having a license/test should make the biker always at fault in an accident (unless premeditated or extremely negligent.
I don't know what you mean by doxxing. I was just trying to get the OP some information on the run away driver so that they could take that information to their insurance company and collision reporting centre.
Don't forget to goo your attic!
Mar 8, 2004
879 posts
398 upvotes
Barrie
Witnessed this one today. Pulled over to make sure the drivers were all okay and share footage. Driver of the Camry was pretty shook up but okay. Truck was a little ambitious with the merge...

Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
TheDoctah wrote: Witnessed this one today. Pulled over to make sure the drivers were all okay and share footage. Driver of the Camry was pretty shook up but okay. Truck was a little ambitious with the merge...

wtf. reckless
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
blexann wrote: wtf. reckless
Certainly not reckless. You can see the reck(sic) at the end of the video...

/s
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote: Certainly not reckless. You can see the reck(sic) at the end of the video...

/s
what?
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2014
1041 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto, ON
That truck is trying to drive over that car like he’s driving a monster truck.
Please respond
Oct 12, 2010
259 posts
252 upvotes
It looks like the Camry was trying to pull in behind the bus and the truck was somewhat already in the centre lane. I'm wondering who would be at fault for that?

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)