Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 11:36 am
Apr 5, 2011
109 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
Canadadesi wrote: That was damn risky right turn..probably a novice driver and fortunately the pedestrian was alert about the situation and backed out in time.
What I am confused is in the first part of the video the poster and the alleged merc driver are driving in the same direction and in the second part they are on opposite directions - are the 2 videos taken at different times? In that case how can you be sure it is the same merc?

Eitherway, the license plates are not visible in any of them.

CD
Like I said, I pulled into the gas station on the right to purchase a coffee and the crash happened when I was leaving. The vehicle is the exact same model and colour as the car that was driving beside me and I'm guessing must've made a u-turn at the end of the street and came in the opposite direction.
Avid Gamer & Sports Enthusiast
Consoles: Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5 Disc & Nintendo Switch OLED
PC Specs: i7 12700K, 32 GB DDR5, GTX 3070, 2 TB WD NVME SSD, NZXT KRAKEN 140MM
Fav. Teams: Raptors, Jays, TFC
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21246 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
arun_gan wrote: Unfortunately no, the dashcam performance in low light conditions is poor.
What I try to do is read out the plate out loud to be sure it's recorded.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Apr 5, 2011
109 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
engineered wrote: What I try to do is read out the plate out loud to be sure it's recorded.
I would've done the same but I didn't know that car was going to hit the bus when he was driving next to me.
Avid Gamer & Sports Enthusiast
Consoles: Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5 Disc & Nintendo Switch OLED
PC Specs: i7 12700K, 32 GB DDR5, GTX 3070, 2 TB WD NVME SSD, NZXT KRAKEN 140MM
Fav. Teams: Raptors, Jays, TFC
Jan 31, 2008
152 posts
112 upvotes
Mississauga

White Acura TL passes me at the 22 second mark. Watch him hang on to the shoulder to get past a couple cars, then nearly graze my front. Not really upset at being cut off; more upset at my dash cam for being license-plate-blind.
I keep forgetting to read the plates out loud... gotta get in the habit.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
pmdenterprises wrote:
White Acura TL passes me at the 22 second mark. Watch him hang on to the shoulder to get past a couple cars, then nearly graze my front. Not really upset at being cut off; more upset at my dash cam for being license-plate-blind.
I keep forgetting to read the plates out loud... gotta get in the habit.
+1

What a dbag, all the typical signs of a jackX, ramming up somone's X like a bulldozer trying to 'push' them to make them go faster, ridiculously going onto the shoulder to pass TWO vehicles (man, wish there was a guardrail suddenly popping up there), and ofc, cutting you off like Senna vs Prost, lost count how many dangerous, reckless moves he did on such a short timespan. Did I say typical selfish jackX? Ya...
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
arun_gan wrote: This happened earlier this week on my way to work. Time stamp is incorrect and it actually happened at 6:33 am. Pulled into gas station to grab a coffee at Timmies and happened when I was leaving.

Description:
Dark-colored older model Mercedes C-Class hits TTC Bus while making a right turn from the middle lane. The vehicle flees the scene.

The first part of the video shows the suspected vehicle that hits the bus.

The police should be able to get that driver...he left a nice trail of debris and many witnesses. Ensure you hand in the video to police. How dumb can someone be to pull a move like that, almost ruined a few lives.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
arun_gan wrote: This happened earlier this week on my way to work. Time stamp is incorrect and it actually happened at 6:33 am. Pulled into gas station to grab a coffee at Timmies and happened when I was leaving.

Description:
Dark-colored older model Mercedes C-Class hits TTC Bus while making a right turn from the middle lane. The vehicle flees the scene.

The first part of the video shows the suspected vehicle that hits the bus.

+1

That is so disgusting, whoever 'invented' that vile move should have very bad things happen to him. Do perpetrators think once they clear past the bus or whatever vehicle it's gonna be all safe? Obviously they simply don't give a crap about others. Should be jailed and banned for life from driving.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
...not that it's the safest thing to do but I wonder if anyone chased after the driver? Would be an easy target trying to speed through a plaza parking lot.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15619 posts
13276 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Caught this to today at MetroSquare....didn't review my dashcam till I got home.

ImageImage

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2010
1024 posts
1063 upvotes
Toronto
bomber17 wrote: There's many times where I wish I had a shitty car or a super expensive car with replacement coverage and not bother to stop.

Common..
if i was driving a rusty minivan ill plow right through. I dont mine a not at fault accident every 5 years. in fact im up for one already.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2017
1275 posts
888 upvotes
ON
logitechG5 wrote:
Common..
To make you feel worse, sometimes I've seen that they had a lot of time to come out and they waited until you approach closer
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Caught this to today at MetroSquare....didn't review my dashcam till I got home.

was that Van parked to the right of that car or?
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15619 posts
13276 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Not sure, originally when I parked there was no van there, just another car parked right beside the Mustang.
blexann wrote: was that Van parked to the right of that car or?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1801 posts
2840 upvotes
Canada, eh?

Reported to Peel Region Police. He originally was in my left turn lane, decided to say f it and go around.
Funny thing is this happened right across traffic court.

Edit: One more...got stuck for like 7 minutes behind this guy, so not posting the entire clip. But the first photo below shows the truck driver turning out from a driveway, clearly he doesn't have room/enough space to go into the dual left turn lanes since its all jammed up. But who cares? Let me take up traffic and try to merge in anyways...he ended up blocking up the left forward lane (the one that isn't dedicated left turn) for nearly 2 full light cycles.

Second and third photo shows that while he was merging in he rear ended the MiWay bus. lol. Plate: AH 52983, reported to police as well.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
Last edited by secretalcoholic on Dec 1st, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
secretalcoholic wrote:

Reported to Peel Region Police. He originally was in my left turn lane, decided to say f it and go around.
Funny thing is this happened right across traffic court.
Good on you. What a jerk, drive like they own the road
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21165 upvotes
Toronto
... one day ... this guy is going to pay dearly if a 18-wheeler transport truck rumbling down and do a t-bone at him
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19239 posts
17866 upvotes
GTA, ON
secretalcoholic wrote: Edit: One more...got stuck for like 7 minutes behind this guy, so not posting the entire clip. But the first photo below shows the truck driver turning out from a driveway, clearly he doesn't have room/enough space to go into the dual left turn lanes since its all jammed up. But who cares? Let me take up traffic and try to merge in anyways...he ended up blocking up the left forward lane (the one that isn't dedicated left turn) for nearly 2 full light cycles.

Second and third photo shows that while he was merging in he rear ended the MiWay bus. lol. Plate: AH 52983, reported to police as well.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG
Not saying this was the right move (frankly I would have driven past the intersection and found a way to make a U-turn via a plaza on the left & then backtrack back) but it looks like nobody wanted to let him merge in, as you did say 2-3 filters went by... So, I'd say not only was he being inconsiderate BUT so was everyone else in the dedicated left turn lane. It's not like the truck had an opportunity to join the queue further back but decided to skip the line.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
Where all the crazy crashes at?
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
6412 posts
2624 upvotes
Mort Réal, QC
I was on the 401 Yesterday and it was crash galore. Fortunately for us, it was right before it went even further downhill with the big pile-up involving casualties. I just knew it was coming, people were following way too closely and some idiots driving way too fast as the road was basically an ice rink.

When I finally arrived at destination, I realized my dashcam wasn't recording. :facepalm: So much twisted metal missed...
I can't afford to buy cheap stuff. Always on lookout for deals on quality goods and services.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1801 posts
2840 upvotes
Canada, eh?
chimaican wrote: Not saying this was the right move (frankly I would have driven past the intersection and found a way to make a U-turn via a plaza on the left & then backtrack back) but it looks like nobody wanted to let him merge in, as you did say 2-3 filters went by... So, I'd say not only was he being inconsiderate BUT so was everyone else in the dedicated left turn lane. It's not like the truck had an opportunity to join the queue further back but decided to skip the line.
I believe people weren't letting him in because they thought he was jumping the queue. While 2-3 lights did go by, the two left turn lanes didn't move at all since there was a jam on Mavis Rd -- so people were stuck there for quite sometime. He most likely would have gotten there faster if he just went straight and did a u-turn.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)