Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2017 12:45 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1492 posts
334 upvotes
Near Toronto
Phatjoe wrote:
May 12th, 2017 9:28 pm
Instead of saying "Dont Dont", couldnt you just have changed to the left lane and avoid a possible accident with the pick up?
that kind of idea causes pileups. You don't have time to check your mirror, do a shoulder check, signal and change lanes before rear-ending the car in front of you. You're best bet is to slow down or slam on your breaks unless you are 100% sure no one is in the lane besides you.
Nov 8, 2005
734 posts
184 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Looked like the bus stopped at the red and then decided to run it
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16656 posts
1675 upvotes
GTA West
#HandleBarCam

Here were see a motorist improperly yielding to me on a bicycle. This motorist is either ignorant or just trying to be nice. But their actions are greatly dangerous.

I was cycling and waiting for a good opportunity to turn left. I was signalling left with my arm, and for some reason, the oncoming Nissan driver slowed down to let me turn.

The Nissan driver had the right of way and should have just kept driving. I waved the Nissan driver along, with the intent of turning left after the oncoming lanes were clear.

The Nissan driver's actions were incredibly dangerous and could caused a traffic accident:
1. If I had actually turned left when the Nissan driver improperly yielded, other oncoming cars in the next lane could have rightfully passed the Nissan, and then T-boned me on my bicycle.
2. Because I had to wait for the Nissan driver to move along, and for the cars that driven up behind the Nissan to also pass, I was there in the left lane, exposed to more fast-moving cars from behind, increasing my own risk of getting hit, and also inconveniencing other motorists.
3. The Nissan driver could have been rear-ended as a result of stopping in the lane for no good reason.

I'm lucky I wasn't injured in this sequence.

- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3784 posts
259 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
May 14th, 2017 7:52 pm
#HandleBarCam

Here were see a motorist improperly yielding to me on a bicycle. This motorist is either ignorant or just trying to be nice. But their actions are greatly dangerous.

I was cycling and waiting for a good opportunity to turn left. I was signalling left with my arm, and for some reason, the oncoming Nissan driver slowed down to let me turn.

The Nissan driver had the right of way and should have just kept driving. I waved the Nissan driver along, with the intent of turning left after the oncoming lanes were clear.

The Nissan driver's actions were incredibly dangerous and could caused a traffic accident:
1. If I had actually turned left when the Nissan driver improperly yielded, other oncoming cars in the next lane could have rightfully passed the Nissan, and then T-boned me on my bicycle.
2. Because I had to wait for the Nissan driver to move along, and for the cars that driven up behind the Nissan to also pass, I was there in the left lane, exposed to more fast-moving cars from behind, increasing my own risk of getting hit, and also inconveniencing other motorists.
3. The Nissan driver could have been rear-ended as a result of stopping in the lane for no good reason.

I'm lucky I wasn't injured in this sequence.

Agree with your assessment of the situation, with your arm stretched out to the left he might have thought, incorrectly so, that you were trying to waive him down.

You are brave to be riding a bicycle on that street :-)
I don't do downvotes.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2368 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
blexann wrote:
May 15th, 2017 11:15 am
Agree with your assessment of the situation, with your arm stretched out to the left he might have thought, incorrectly so, that you were trying to waive him down.

You are brave to be riding a bicycle on that street :-)
Yep, pretty ballsy to make a left where there is no marked left turn lane on a that street. I'd personally feel vulnerable. Best of luck! (I'm being genuine)
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
1505 posts
475 upvotes
pipolchap wrote:
May 15th, 2017 12:14 pm
Yep, pretty ballsy to make a left where there is no marked left turn lane on a that street. I'd personally feel vulnerable. Best of luck! (I'm being genuine)
Me too. My personal strategy in a situation like that is to wait at the right curb until traffic is clear in both directions and then make the left turn.
Jan 12, 2003
444 posts
90 upvotes
Came across this POS this morning on my way in, no care for the stop sign, that is in front of a public school and right beside a crosswalk, for that school.

I hope they got where they were going faster. Thankfully no kids crossing in the area.

2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo
2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card
2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt
2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Sep 21, 2011
970 posts
106 upvotes
fatcrazycat wrote:
May 16th, 2017 4:20 pm

This horrible accident happening in front of me
Wow that was bad some f in douche cant turn quick enough and motorcycle hit side of suv, hes not moving on the ground, knew a buddy that happened to aswell in oshawa died on impact and helmet flew 50 feet from accident scene from someone turning infront of him. I have a 2001 vstar and wont drive that bad boy into work in scarborough (the absolute worst of the worst drivers there) so i just cruise up north of my house on the weekends but no more 2006 zx6 i sold it after his accident.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2011
2821 posts
492 upvotes
fatcrazycat wrote:

What's make it even more horrible is that you didn't stop and provide assistance. Even more horrible is that the guy checked on the CRV driver first. And much more horrible is that others just watched and drove away.
Jul 28, 2010
322 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
wal3145 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 5:25 pm
What's make it even more horrible is that you didn't stop and provide assistance. Even more horrible is that the guy checked on the CRV driver first. And much more horrible is that others just watched and drove away.
Call 911 was urgently needed instead of coming out and didn't know what to assist.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3784 posts
259 upvotes
fatcrazycat wrote:

Terrible accident, really hope the biker is ok. Good on the woman that went to help, the rest of the bystanders were probably just in shock. Driving a motorcycle anywhere in the GTA is just too dangerous.
I don't do downvotes.
Jul 13, 2007
511 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Are you sure you wish to carry out this operation? You betcha.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel