Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2017 2:44 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
3592 posts
2246 upvotes
GTA
qaz393 wrote:
May 17th, 2017 1:59 pm
hmmmmmmm lowered coupes/sedan can end up on roof too
They can but they're much less likely to.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2009
2493 posts
302 upvotes
Tronno
arm2000 wrote:
May 17th, 2017 7:28 am
CRV was at fault but I have a strong feeling that the biker was going way too fast
A 21-year-old Pickering man is expected to survive after being rushed to hospital May 16 following a collision between a Honda CR-V and the motorcycle he was driving in Markham.

Police were called to the scene of the crash at Bur Oak Avenue and Markham Road at 2:39 p.m. and reported the man sustained life-threatening injuries. His condition has since improved.

The driver of the Honda, a 50-year-old Markham woman, is charged with careless driving.

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/7 ... n-markham/
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
3592 posts
2246 upvotes
GTA
dantey wrote:
May 6th, 2017 11:21 pm
this seems to happen all the time. unfortunately, nothing you can do if someone decides to cut right in front of you.
but it makes me hold my horses when i'm the one turning left. i'm literally "judging" to see if the cars are planning to stop or to go through.
Actually, I think the left turner may always be at fault (at least partially), even if the light turned red as they're obligated to make a safe turn.
Nfsryder wrote:
May 7th, 2017 1:15 pm
Were you and that Honda returning from an autocross/track event?
Swswswish wrote:
May 7th, 2017 5:44 pm
Looks like license BYNP222 ?
patrickkc wrote:
May 10th, 2017 1:19 am
I got Ragued the other day.. sigh
Shitty what happened, but were you paying attention? I would have honked at her rolling back a lot sooner. Could have saved you the headache.
This is why I always leave between half to one car length in front of me. You have somewhere to manoeuvrer if the car in front is disabled, or there's an emergency, or if someone hits you from behind, etc.
Nov 8, 2005
746 posts
196 upvotes
Richmond Hill
engineered wrote:
May 17th, 2017 12:51 pm
Did the bus get pulled over by cops at the end?
Nope. Don't think the cop even noticed as he was pre-occupied with someone he already pulled over at the time.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5216 posts
1427 upvotes
May 16th, 2017 8:55 pm
Good for the woman to STOP on the middle of the road WITHOUT flashing emergency light and went to help. What kind of help she can do? Trying to move the guy and make it worse? Sigh. Have some common sense. Call 911 and leave it to the professional.
Taking notes in case YOU ever need help in the future. Will just go on my way as if nothing happened.

... and you're actually talking about common sense :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4220 posts
391 upvotes
+1 ^
I don't do downvotes but feel free to downvote me.👎

Fantasy Baseball players, I have 2 openings in a 30 team Dynasty league - contact me for details.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1011 posts
307 upvotes
May 16th, 2017 8:55 pm
Good for the woman to STOP on the middle of the road WITHOUT flashing emergency light and went to help. What kind of help she can do? Trying to move the guy and make it worse? Sigh. Have some common sense. Call 911 and leave it to the professional.
Ummmm....
Maybe biker is not breathing... you can perform CPR...
Maybe they are bleeding out.. you can slow it down or stop it etc..
Maybe they are surrounded in gasoline....so you can drag them away
Not things you need a professional for..

CRV 100% at fault, though biker was going way to fast...
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1129 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
arm2000 wrote:
May 17th, 2017 7:28 am
CRV was at fault but I have a strong feeling that the biker was going way too fast
if everyone was doing 60 he was doing 90+....just give a rough count between 2 points.
Typical car and law enforcement enthusiast
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2013
5918 posts
2027 upvotes
Toronto
i dunno why you would be doing high speed like that through a big intersection... I'm not pulling any stats from the web... but if someone goes looking for it, I'm certain that majority of motorcycle fatalities happens at intersections.

If the speed limit was 50 in that area (probably was) and he was doing 50, I'm certain he could have stopped in time.

I don't ride, but I ALWAYS slow down when getting to an intersection, specially if there isn't clear line of sigh of cars making left turns. And that's saved me from NUMEROUS accidents from people making blind left hand turns.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
1048 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto, ON
fatcrazycat wrote:
May 16th, 2017 4:20 pm

This horrible accident happening in front of me
Can't have any sympathy for the biker. Going WAY too fast (look at other cars). Speed limits are for a reason.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
1048 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hyphy wrote:
May 17th, 2017 2:19 pm
A 21-year-old Pickering man is expected to survive after being rushed to hospital May 16 following a collision between a Honda CR-V and the motorcycle he was driving in Markham.

Police were called to the scene of the crash at Bur Oak Avenue and Markham Road at 2:39 p.m. and reported the man sustained life-threatening injuries. His condition has since improved.

The driver of the Honda, a 50-year-old Markham woman, is charged with careless driving.

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/7 ... n-markham/
I really hate this. The biker was just as careless, if not more. If you speed and people fail to notice you, you should be held partly responsible too.
Sep 30, 2009
470 posts
95 upvotes
Richmond Hill
engineered wrote:
May 17th, 2017 2:55 pm
Shitty what happened, but were you paying attention? I would have honked at her rolling back a lot sooner. Could have saved you the headache.
This is why I always leave between half to one car length in front of me. You have somewhere to manoeuvrer if the car in front is disabled, or there's an emergency, or if someone hits you from behind, etc.
I was. She was quite over the line and there were a few people crossing the road, so I thought she was just rolling back to let them pass. Gave her benefit of the doubt.. and bam. LOL
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
3592 posts
2246 upvotes
GTA
patrickkc wrote:
May 17th, 2017 11:45 pm
I was. She was quite over the line and there were a few people crossing the road, so I thought she was just rolling back to let them pass. Gave her benefit of the doubt.. and bam. LOL
I see... at least she had the decency to own up to it.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1507 posts
361 upvotes
Near Toronto
not mine... I know I know...

Undercover police in Toronto
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
3592 posts
2246 upvotes
GTA
Ebeniz wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:15 am
not mine... I know I know...
Undercover police in Toronto
Wow, good job by the dashcam driver to get the hell out of there. Seems reckless of the cops to make that high risk takedown with civilians around.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 1 guest)

chriscabob, zakregent, engineered