Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2017 2:44 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4701 posts
1504 upvotes
Hyphy wrote:
May 17th, 2017 2:19 pm
A 21-year-old Pickering man is expected to survive after being rushed to hospital May 16 following a collision between a Honda CR-V and the motorcycle he was driving in Markham.

Police were called to the scene of the crash at Bur Oak Avenue and Markham Road at 2:39 p.m. and reported the man sustained life-threatening injuries. His condition has since improved.

The driver of the Honda, a 50-year-old Markham woman, is charged with careless driving.

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/7 ... n-markham/
If OP submitted video, I wonder if the outcome would be different?
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
11233 posts
1340 upvotes
Ebeniz wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:15 am
not mine... I know I know...

Undercover police in Toronto
Accord drivers
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
2579 posts
619 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
fatcrazycat wrote:
May 16th, 2017 4:20 pm

This horrible accident happening in front of me
That looks like it hurt. I also enjoyed Susan's Retirement Party.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5216 posts
1427 upvotes
Ebeniz wrote:

Also a repost
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1507 posts
361 upvotes
Near Toronto
WHO wrote:
May 18th, 2017 9:47 am
Also a repost
Is it? I didn't see it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5216 posts
1427 upvotes
Ebeniz wrote:
May 18th, 2017 10:31 am
Is it? I didn't see it.
Because it's very old. Like, very, very old. I guess the timestamp isn't good.

Edit: Umm, well even if the timestamp was wrong, I guess perhaps it just looks very similar to another very old takedown video, but it's not the same? I might have called "repost" too fast on that one!
I can't find it either, it was a long time ago.
Last edited by WHO on May 18th, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5936 posts
1667 upvotes
b0ne wrote:
May 18th, 2017 9:21 am
That looks like it hurt. I also enjoyed Susan's Retirement Party.
The worst thing about riding is stupid left hand turners. I love how the stunned woman just non-chalantly gets out of her Cervex and stands by the lamp pole after she likely killed someone.

... and the first dude goes and checks the CRV first? WTF... at least the other woman seemed to care.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1129 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
raspeed wrote:
May 18th, 2017 11:56 am
The worst thing about riding is stupid left hand turners. I love how the stunned woman just non-chalantly gets out of her Cervex and stands by the lamp pole after she likely killed someone.

... and the first dude goes and checks the CRV first? WTF... at least the other woman seemed to care.
biker should have been in almost center line (guard line or whatever they call it) as to prevent the driver not being able to see. I agree though, he should have been a bit more cautious. Be seen, make eye contact and always have an out.
Typical car and law enforcement enthusiast
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2011
2979 posts
231 upvotes
GTA
9394 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 8:46 am
If OP submitted video, I wonder if the outcome would be different?
Likely no, any witness would have said it's green for the biker.

The guy is only 21 and it was a sports bike. My guess is he was passing from the right (and maybe pulling a wheelie while at it). So neither the CRV nor the biker saw the other. Otherwise the impact speed couldn't gotten so high.

Incident was tragic but the guy should learn that testosterone can be one dangerous naturally occurring substance.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5936 posts
1667 upvotes
LongLiveRFD wrote:
May 18th, 2017 4:10 pm
(and maybe pulling a wheelie while at it).

LOL stereotype much .. geesh 0 evidence of that in the video. Seriously people.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4701 posts
1504 upvotes
LongLiveRFD wrote:
May 18th, 2017 4:10 pm
Likely no, any witness would have said it's green for the biker.

The guy is only 21 and it was a sports bike. My guess is he was passing from the right (and maybe pulling a wheelie while at it). So neither the CRV nor the biker saw the other. Otherwise the impact speed couldn't gotten so high.

Incident was tragic but the guy should learn that testosterone can be one dangerous naturally occurring substance.
Don't get me wrong, the CRV was in the wrong, but that biker looked like he was going above the speed limit and maybe if he was slower, the whole thing could have been avoided.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2011
2979 posts
231 upvotes
GTA
9394 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 4:25 pm
Don't get me wrong, the CRV was in the wrong, but that biker looked like he was going above the speed limit and maybe if he was slower, the whole thing could have been avoided.
Bikes can accelerate and decelerate within fairly short distance. So I wonder how the biker didn't brake (or lose control braking) at all prior impact.

So my guess is, his view of the left turning CRV was blocked, and so was the CRV. Then the most likely situation was he was behind a slow vehicle in the passing lane, and he decided to take over from the right.

Hence the incident is really a tragic one.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
6449 posts
474 upvotes
6ix
Ebeniz wrote:

That guy must be heaty Azzzz
Jul 31, 2016
196 posts
98 upvotes
LongLiveRFD wrote:
May 18th, 2017 4:34 pm
Bikes can accelerate and decelerate within fairly short distance. So I wonder how the biker didn't brake (or lose control braking) at all prior impact.

So my guess is, his view of the left turning CRV was blocked, and so was the CRV. Then the most likely situation was he was behind a slow vehicle in the passing lane, and he decided to take over from the right.

Hence the incident is really a tragic one.
Motorcycles don't stop that much better than cars. 6 meters shorter stopping distance when going 100km/h is not a whole lot. And thats if the rider is able to use maximum grip of the tires while applying the brakes. Not every rider is that skilled.
Sep 13, 2016
860 posts
382 upvotes
Mississauga - Confederation and Huntington .

This was just a while earlier from my way back from work. Looks like this intersection is haunted. There was a major collision just a few weeks back.

I was 3-4 cars behind and didn't have a very good view of it, but I suspect the car we see in this video was going straight ahead at a good speed and had a green.
The girl in Toyota did not judge the gap and went for a very badly calculated left turn. Both drivers seemed to be in complete shock.
The guy's car literally flew in air a good 2-3 feet and he was so shocked that he did not even apply brakes and just let his car roll.

Honestly, I was just praying throughout this incident that he does not roll into me.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 1 guest)

controller19, zakregent, engineered