Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2017 12:43 am
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3992 posts
311 upvotes
IndyBeak wrote:
May 18th, 2017 8:39 pm
Mississauga - Confederation and Huntington .

This was just a while earlier from my way back from work. Looks like this intersection is haunted. There was a major collision just a few weeks back.

I was 3-4 cars behind and didn't have a very good view of it, but I suspect the car we see in this video was going straight ahead at a good speed and had a green.
The girl in Toyota did not judge the gap and went for a very badly calculated left turn. Both drivers seemed to be in complete shock.
The guy's car literally flew in air a good 2-3 feet and he was so shocked that he did not even apply brakes and just let his car roll.

Honestly, I was just praying throughout this incident that he does not roll into me.

Driver has no business driving. Seriously, a completely clear day with light traffic going through a simple and controlled intersection and the driver could have easily killed a few people.
I don't do downvotes.
Jul 14, 2002
778 posts
143 upvotes
IndyBeak wrote:

This was just a while earlier from my way back from work. Looks like this intersection is haunted. There was a major collision just a few weeks back.

I was 3-4 cars behind and didn't have a very good view of it, but I suspect the car we see in this video was going straight ahead at a good speed and had a green.
The girl in Toyota did not judge the gap and went for a very badly calculated left turn. Both drivers seemed to be in complete shock.
The guy's car literally flew in air a good 2-3 feet and he was so shocked that he did not even apply brakes and just let his car roll.

Honestly, I was just praying throughout this incident that he does not roll into me.

odd situation, but maybe the left turning car stayed in the intersection past the red light.
the hyundai launched into the air and broke a sign because of impacting the center median.
no idea, how/why that would have happened other than speeding and not paying attention to the traffic.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4831 posts
347 upvotes
IndyBeak wrote:

Nice job of making that slalom among poles and PO boxes. It could have been much worse.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
11038 posts
1256 upvotes
IndyBeak wrote:

hyundai drivers..............
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
2827 posts
509 upvotes
Edmonton
IndyBeak wrote:

Hey, at least he missed those mailboxes, lol.
Sep 13, 2016
563 posts
242 upvotes
dantey wrote:
May 18th, 2017 11:52 pm
odd situation, but maybe the left turning car stayed in the intersection past the red light.
the hyundai launched into the air and broke a sign because of impacting the center median.
no idea, how/why that would have happened other than speeding and not paying attention to the traffic.
Can't say for sure, but my assumption is based on the fact that the light was Red for me. So Hyundai must have had a Green.
Or may be the Toyota was in the same same direction as mine, and tried to beat the lights while turning left.
But that means light had just turned green for the Hyundai and I find it a bit odd that he could have gained so much speed so soon.

But in either case, the Hyundai had the right of way and the Corolla girl just made a very poor judgement turning left.
Sep 13, 2016
563 posts
242 upvotes
U4IA wrote:
May 19th, 2017 12:16 pm
Hey, at least he missed those mailboxes, lol.
And all other cars too..lol..
Jun 2, 2012
975 posts
284 upvotes
IndyBeak wrote:

Song detail thanks :P
Jul 13, 2007
523 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
arm2000 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 10:02 am
Nice job of making that slalom among poles and PO boxes.
Not a PO box, but Bell telco/xDSL box. That would be an expensive repair.
Are you sure you wish to carry out this operation? You betcha.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2230 posts
99 upvotes

On Lakeshore
After a Jays game.
Making a right turn from the left lane - no advance notice, just forces his way in...
Last edited by blues45 on May 21st, 2017 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damage due to RFD Since April 2013: $3117.00
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5626 posts
1015 upvotes
aGincourt
engineered wrote:
May 17th, 2017 2:55 pm

Were you and that Honda returning from an autocross/track event?

Looks like license BYNP222 ?
Nah it was just some ricer
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2011
3865 posts
184 upvotes
Ontario, Canada

not mine, just had to repost this on here..
Last edited by Simaahoy on May 21st, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trump and Saudis sitting on a tree...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
6614 posts
662 upvotes
Toronto
blues45 wrote:
May 21st, 2017 10:28 am

On Lakeshore
After a Jays game.
Making a right turn from the left lane - no advance notice, just forces his way in...
Lol. Notice he has a dent on that rear fender already.
Many people in the GTA drive like this because the know other drivers would oblige, don't want to damage their own cars etc.
But generally most are simply oblivious and lack proper driving skills in terms of awareness, blind spot checking and interacting with other drivers for a let in etc.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3992 posts
311 upvotes
gh05t wrote:
May 21st, 2017 3:59 pm
Lol. Notice he has a dent on that rear fender already.
Many people in the GTA drive like this because the know other drivers would oblige, don't want to damage their own cars etc.
But generally most are simply oblivious and lack proper driving skills in terms of awareness, blind spot checking and interacting with other drivers for a let in etc.
this
I don't do downvotes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)