Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 4:27 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
Caerus wrote: Ah yes, the forever nemesis. Mercedes and a Yield sign... I didn't even bother honking.

that feels like misss, near dundas and hurontario?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4373 posts
6939 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: that feels like misss, near dundas and hurontario?
Maybe the same layout and shops perhaps? It's Kenaston and McGillivray in Winnipeg.
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19736 posts
28624 upvotes
Vancouver
Caerus wrote: That intersection is a double lane left turn. I stayed in the correct lane.
Not while in the middle of the turn you didn't. By the time the Mercedes saw you, you had very clearly veered into the left lane while turning. You clipped the corner all the way into the other lane. Your error.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 10.07.30 AM.png
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4373 posts
6939 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: Not while in the middle of the turn you didn't. By the time the Mercedes saw you, you had very clearly veered into the left lane while turning. You clipped the corner all the way into the other lane. Your error.
I stayed in my lane the entire time. And if you want to get anal about it, you can even look to the darkened road/tire marks to the left of my car. That's the path all of the cars in the left lane take. You'll see I'm not in that, nor is my car switching into that path. I'll give you that I could have been hugging the lane, but I was not in it. Nor did any of the cars in the left lane behind me assume I was going there. Your proof is to choose a single frame from the video? I might have twitched more leftward when I hit the brakes after seeing the Merc might not stop at all, but there was a car behind me in the left lane (that I wasn't in) so I had to correct rightward again as I can't risk that other vehicle. Wide angle lenses distort angle of approaches and distances. There is in fact an entire left lane beside me, with vehicles in it.

And what world do you live in where a driver doesn't need to slow for a yield sign, regardless of if they don't "think" someone is there? The purpose of a yield sign is to slow down and check, then proceed if clear and safe to do so. This driver blew past it without even looking, and then slammed on the brakes. And it's my fault?
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
BengaliPrince wrote:

Happend at Massey Square near Victoria Park/Danforth.

I believe the man lives inside 3 Massey Square as he went inside the building at the end
Good on you for just driving away, no need to escalate that situation.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
BengaliPrince wrote:

Happend at Massey Square near Victoria Park/Danforth.

I believe the man lives inside 3 Massey Square as he went inside the building at the end
Forward to your local police. You're likely not the only victim.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6834 posts
7575 upvotes
Toronto
Caerus wrote: Maybe it's a WPG thing then.
Was curious where this was... The blinking advance green is archaic traffic control these days and most jurisdictions including Ontario have transitioned away from it.

(I heard but am not sure, it is because, in some jurisdictions, blinking green means/meant the opposite -- your lane is good to go but must yield to oncoming traffic/pedestrians.) e.g.:

> "In Ontario and a few other places, a flashing green light – when you can still find one – means you can turn left without stopping.

But in British Columbia and the Yukon, that more relaxed flashing green means you're at a pedestrian-controlled intersection and you should watch out for people crossing.
Si Tacuisses, Philosophus Mansisses
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2015
5100 posts
4404 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Durham region has blinking green. Good to know it means the opposite in BC.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4373 posts
6939 upvotes
McLaren__F1 wrote: .
Did your Viofo dashcam come with a black foam 3M sticker? If so, that attaches to the bottom of the camera so when it's mounted it eliminates the gap between the camera and the GPS/windshield mount. It should get rid of that camera shake you're having.

*Edit* A sticker similar to this. The mounting design might be different with the V3 though.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11105 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
Caerus wrote: Did your Viofo dashcam come with a black foam 3M sticker? If so, that attaches to the bottom of the camera so when it's mounted it eliminates the gap between the camera and the GPS/windshield mount. It should get rid of that camera shake you're having.

*Edit* A sticker similar to this. The mounting design might be different with the V3 though.
No v3 doesn’t come with that
The shaking is from the cpl filter I believe.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4373 posts
6939 upvotes
McLaren__F1 wrote: No v3 doesn’t come with that
The shaking is from the cpl filter I believe.
Hmm, maybe it was added later on, or in a different bundle than yours.

This bundle seems to have it if you look under accessories. https://www.amazon.ca/VIOFO-A119-1600P- ... 612&sr=8-4

Maybe contact the seller, or even VIOFO directly, their customer service is pretty good. You can mention the camera is not quite secure and shakes. They might mail you some free.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11105 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
Caerus wrote: Hmm, maybe it was added later on, or in a different bundle than yours.

This bundle seems to have it if you look under accessories. https://www.amazon.ca/VIOFO-A119-1600P- ... 612&sr=8-4

Maybe contact the seller, or even VIOFO directly, their customer service is pretty good. You can mention the camera is not quite secure and shakes. They might mail you some free.
Good to know, I’ll contact them.

Edit: i found the box, it did come with it. Ill install and test it.
Last edited by iSimple on Aug 27th, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
Holy crappers!!!

At first I was thinking: "What kind of jackass does a U-Turn like that?"
Followed By: "What in the F is that guy doing?"
Final Reaction: "That stupid MF just cut off everyone!"

And that jack has smokey plate covers, so you can't even identify the plates to report to the police.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19736 posts
28624 upvotes
Vancouver
chimaican wrote: Holy crappers!!!

At first I was thinking: "What kind of jackass does a U-Turn like that?"
Followed By: "What in the F is that guy doing?"
Final Reaction: "That stupid MF just cut off everyone!"

And that jack has smokey plate covers, so you can't even identify the plates to report to the police.
My thoughts exactly...insane! Maybe something like "Turn right here, dear. No, not left--right. I said RIGHT!"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)