Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2024 5:51 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4043 posts
3271 upvotes
Ottawa
sickcars wrote: So they say anyways, they may just email what you want to hear but really they just tell them to smarten up and continue on their way.
Yeah, I have a feeling that the response is a "standard reply" that they send to anyone complaining about their drivers!
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2014
1398 posts
922 upvotes
It wasn't until I reviewed footage that I realized the Benz had a hitchhiker all along Face With Tears Of Joy

So close... put your cell phone away!

Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
secretalcoholic wrote: Nothing too surprising these days in GTA I guess.

try and get a plate number and take that to the police, brutal.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1800 posts
2835 upvotes
Canada, eh?
blexann wrote: try and get a plate number and take that to the police, brutal.
I keep on forgetting to yell out the plate number whenever I see something like this. Disappointed But Relieved Face
Jan 24, 2008
292 posts
134 upvotes
Scarborough
Everybody seems to drive distracted and not paying attention to where they should go.

Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21239 posts
25703 upvotes
GTA
cristianosham wrote: another clueless so called stop sign up in the air and still cross walk guard ignored.
Guard should have thrown their stop sign like a ninja star at that idiot.
chimaican wrote: Usual pickup truck drivers being pickup truck

Maybe it's because he's in a pickup or maybe because he's an entitled Costco shopper, but it's a douche move to force yourself out with live moving traffic creating an unnecessary back-up:
I'm surprised you didn't lay into your horn the whole time.
rcmpvet wrote: I did not see any pedestrian. That young lad is on a vehicle if this was in Ontario.
Are they still not considered pedestrians even though kids and their parents are allowed to ride on the sidewalk?
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
engineered wrote: I'm surprised you didn't lay into your horn the whole time.
It has been through my observation that people who drive/own pick-up trucks for personal leisure (not used for work or hauling stuff) tend to have short tempers and prone to road rage. Maybe it's because they're compensating for something else, who knows. You can tell it's never used for work because the truck tends to be shined up for show and never has scratches, scuffs or dents. Anyways, save myself the possible trouble and just curse to myself internally.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
rulerman wrote: Everybody seems to drive distracted and not paying attention to where they should go.

That and the complete lack of driving skill and awareness, GTA roads are mess. I drive across the city and 401 every weekend to visit family, it used to be an enjoyable drive, now it's just a stressful hour in my day.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5853 posts
2602 upvotes
blexann wrote: That and the complete lack of driving skill and awareness, GTA roads are mess. I drive across the city and 401 every weekend to visit family, it used to be an enjoyable drive, now it's just a stressful hour in my day.
For sure. Try driving 300-500 km daily, solely in the GTA for work. Its enough to make me want to tear my hair out some days. COVID was a blessing when the roads were empty...
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1290 posts
720 upvotes
Richmond Hill
No idea where he came from or where he was trying to go..

Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5853 posts
2602 upvotes
patrickkc wrote: No idea where he came from or where he was trying to go..
No Fs given. Good way to get yourself killed in the GTA
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15993 posts
7449 upvotes
RFD
Brampton. Need I say more? Bloody hell...FFS.

At the end the driver u-turns so I'm guessing this was the original intent. Apparently I'm driving an invisible vehicle.

Banned
Jun 24, 2021
50 posts
39 upvotes
patrickkc wrote: No idea where he came from or where he was trying to go..

fairly certain it's a die hard RFD'er trying to save delivery/shipping on a used item.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1628 posts
663 upvotes
What's wrong with young kids these days? Got rear-ended the other day at Burlington skyway bridge Toronto bound. He hit me hard didn't even say sorry whole time. Fu*king punks from Brampton.

😃
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21239 posts
25703 upvotes
GTA
bose wrote: What's wrong with young kids these days? Got rear-ended the other day at Burlington skyway bridge Toronto bound. He hit me hard didn't even say sorry whole time. Fu*king punks from Brampton.

Shitty, hopefully you're going through insurance and their rates skyrocket. Was the rear camera footage lost?
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1628 posts
663 upvotes
engineered wrote: Shitty, hopefully you're going through insurance and their rates skyrocket. Was the rear camera footage lost?
Yeah, the rear camera footage was lost. A cop showed up and both vehicles had to be towed away as both vehicles were inoperable. He blew the radiator and transmission cooler and my car wouldn't go into drive. Sadly, this guy wasn't even charged with careless driving. With no-fault insurance in Ontario, my insurance will have to pay for my repairs, not his insurance hence I will have a blemish on my record too.
😃
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
bose wrote: Yeah, the rear camera footage was lost. A cop showed up and both vehicles had to be towed away as both vehicles were inoperable. He blew the radiator and transmission cooler and my car wouldn't go into drive. Sadly, this guy wasn't even charged with careless driving. With no-fault insurance in Ontario, my insurance will have to pay for my repairs, not his insurance hence I will have a blemish on my record too.
Shouldn't really matter whether you got rear video or not, you were hit from behind, they are at fault. Your side video also clearly shows you were in a stopped position at the moment of impact.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21239 posts
25703 upvotes
GTA
bose wrote: Yeah, the rear camera footage was lost. A cop showed up and both vehicles had to be towed away as both vehicles were inoperable. He blew the radiator and transmission cooler and my car wouldn't go into drive. Sadly, this guy wasn't even charged with careless driving. With no-fault insurance in Ontario, my insurance will have to pay for my repairs, not his insurance hence I will have a blemish on my record too.
I think your insurance will still find you not at fault. Wow, can't believe they weren't charged. Keep an eye on you back and neck for the next week.

Why was your TM3 inoperable? Didn't look too bad. Still surprised rear video was lost. Kind of useless of video is lost in a crash.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15993 posts
7449 upvotes
RFD
bose wrote: What's wrong with young kids these days? Got rear-ended the other day at Burlington skyway bridge Toronto bound. He hit me hard didn't even say sorry whole time. Fu*king punks from Brampton.

Brampton strikes again. Bloody hell.

You are not at fault and the video proves this. You won't need to use your no fault insurance unless you are at fault. Your insurance will not go up. In Ontario your own insurance pays for the repairs, not the other party, that's why we pay them.

Then afterwards behind the scenes (guessing) they probably will go get their money back from the other party's insurance company since he's clearly at fault in the video.

You should have lit them up with expletives the whole time.
Last edited by radeonboy on Jul 29th, 2021 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)