Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2018 10:09 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2012
2284 posts
880 upvotes
MARKHAM
pintobean wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 5:34 am
You make it sound like you were trying to be polite and let the guy in, so I'm curious why you think speeding up is the right thing to do? Surely you can understand how someone could take that as an aggressive action and then retaliate? (Oh you saw that I needed to get in, so you sped up to make me go behind you? You think you can go faster than me? Well I'm going to zoom past you into oncoming traffic! Now you're behind me where you belong!)

If I see someone stuck in the wrong lane and I'm feeling generous, I let them go in front of me, I don't speed up so they can get in behind me.
Have you seen that video? That guy passed the dash cam car and also the car in front on a single line road. That Acura is obviously speeding by alot over the limit as well.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6013 posts
945 upvotes
pintobean wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 5:34 am
You make it sound like you were trying to be polite and let the guy in, so I'm curious why you think speeding up is the right thing to do? Surely you can understand how someone could take that as an aggressive action and then retaliate? (Oh you saw that I needed to get in, so you sped up to make me go behind you? You think you can go faster than me? Well I'm going to zoom past you into oncoming traffic! Now you're behind me where you belong!)

If I see someone stuck in the wrong lane and I'm feeling generous, I let them go in front of me, I don't speed up so they can get in behind me.
The Acura is the only vehicle in that video that broke the law, reckless.
________

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2013
1458 posts
518 upvotes
Mississauga
RichmondCA wrote:
Apr 24th, 2017 11:30 pm
The car I was driving was an Audi s4 and the speed was about 50kmh at the time of that.

Also just so I make sure I understand some of the replies here...you are saying I should have not avoided a potential head on collision in order to save myself from an "at fault accident claim" for side swiping the Toyota echo? Am I understanding this correctly?

Is this real life?
qaz393 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2017 11:43 pm
You would be at fault if oncoming car was not hit and you hit the echo...... Did u ever think of making oncoming car back up so he will take longer Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Old bump, I know. Great footage, I swerve a lot to avoid accidents (401 warrior reporting in) and I have to agree with other users; it is terrible practice. Slowing down in this case would probably have been the better choice.
Jun 12, 2009
585 posts
164 upvotes
felixdd wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 10:42 pm
I'm not victim-blaming and I truly hope the person is alright.

But...people are going to have to learn that crossing the street is dangerous, and that they need to be aware at all times. I mean, the person here didn't even flinch at the oncoming car. They just went flying.

I can't remember the last time I've seen a pedestrian look both ways before they cross the street. They look straight ahead, assuming that people are going to stop. Heck sometimes I'm not even sure pedestrians know that a car is rolling up to the intersection.
Sure...if something happens you've got the right of way and the law on your side, but that's not going to fix your broken leg...or worse. When I cross the street, I'm basically looking both ways constantly until I'm at the other side. Because you can't assume that the vehicles aren't paying attention, or have brakes that work...etc.
+1
I also make the eye contact with the driver if they are turning my way, opposing or same lane, makes no difference, once I can see they see me I continue walking.

Drivers are perennially preoccupied with the oncoming traffic and neglect to scan for the foot traffic, hence these types of tragedies. My good friend's young daughter was hit in this fashion; full compound fracture, there was a worry she wouldn't recover 100% mobility but fortunately she did; the mother, on the other hand, never recovered from the psychological trauma of that collision. The driver was a woman who refused to take full responsibility for what she did, even though she was 100% at fault (happened on the designated cross-walk with multiple witnesses).

I hope the poor lady makes good recovery and they catch the runaway and throw the book at him/her, although with the lenient nature of the Canadian judicial system I'm not holding my breath.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4623 posts
3239 upvotes
Montreal
JLY311 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 9:58 pm
On my way to work this morning.
Clegg Rd west to Rodick Rd. Acura EL (BWKA 074) gets in the wrong line so I speed up to let him in behind me. He goes full racecar on me and cuts me off... (reported to YRP already)
Cut you off? Exaggerate much? He wasn't even close to you. Since according to the experts on here, in Ontario yellow lines are just 'suggestions', no oncoming traffic either.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6013 posts
945 upvotes
ottofly wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 10:45 pm
Cut you off? Exaggerate much? He wasn't even close to you. Since according to the experts on here, in Ontario yellow lines are just 'suggestions', no oncoming traffic either.
It's a one lane road
________

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
4184 posts
1258 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 9:48 pm
Both you and the subie up front moved forward also. Lol
Anybody also see the horribly designed intersection?

From how the lines are painted, the road goes from 2 lanes to 3 lanes and the new lane is the leftmost lane.

Well, the car in front of the OP, drives like this.

Of course, the new lane should be the rightmost, but the painted lines make this a mess.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19795 posts
3615 upvotes
Poormond Hill
JasonCao wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 9:29 pm
I have seen this type of accident before. a pedestrian crossing with hoody on, looking down and got hit by car turning. unbelievable its day light and the driver didn't even check the sidewalk.
Why blame the pedestrian? What did she do wrong?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19795 posts
3615 upvotes
Poormond Hill
WHO wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 11:07 am
This.

Plus, am I the only one who sees the blinding sun in the video? The driver obviously couldn't see anything in front because of the sun. So, driver proceeded at a fairly high rate of speed while blinded (wrong) and pedestrian was crossing a pretty major intersection without paying attention (also wrong).
Of course, driver is 100% at fault, and a criminal for running off, but it's the pedestrian who'll be stuck dealing with injuries... maybe for life.
What blinding sun? The sun was rising from the East and the Mazda was facing south. It's obvious the driver of the Mazda was more concerned about the northbound Toyota Sienna than if there was pedestrians crossing. The driver didn't wanted to stop for a few seconds. He just didn't wanted to stop for a few seconds. For a few precious seconds he inflicted long time suffering on someone else.

It is absurd and ridiculous for you to blame the pedestrian! What was the pedestrian supposed to do when a car is approaching him? Stand still and hoped the car avoid him? Put up his hand and act as a police officer to stop him? People like you blame others for your fault.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2012
2284 posts
880 upvotes
MARKHAM
sandikosh wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 11:25 am
Why blame the pedestrian? What did she do wrong?
I didn't, I'm just saying, I would rather have my head's up and looking at the traffic to see potentially car not seeing you and hit you, you could try to dodge it. Than to have hoody on looking down the road and get hit 100%.

By all means you can have hoody on and look down while crossing.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5446 posts
1611 upvotes
Some footage of driving around Montreal. Drivers (taxi drivers of course) running red lights, stop signs and cutting off. Bad behaviour in general... Also threw in some early foliage season footage (Oct 5 driving in the Laurentians) - only watch those last 6 minutes if you have time to kill and like foliage/scenery.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
9240 posts
3629 upvotes
Toronto
Nope, he was just confused.
canoek wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 11:29 am
Was he brakechecking you at the end?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!