Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2024 5:51 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2001
1609 posts
324 upvotes
Mississauga
chimaican wrote: I get what you're saying however no way there would be an advanced green as their traffic light only has 3 filters (red, amber, green). It's more likely they ASSUMED the way was clear instead of pulling into the center of the intersection to check for oncoming vehicles. You can clearly seeing there was no hesitation, they initiated their left turn right from the stop line when it turned green. More likely daydreaming.
The advanced green is for the traffic where the civic is coming from. You can see it ending at the beginning. Once that ends the blue car starts making the left right away without checking the on coming traffic.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
doonboy wrote:

This happened on Sat evening. Almost got hit. If I was in the right lane I was done.
Civic had a solid green, the suv just to the left of the Civic was in the dedicated left turn lane and then decided to switch lanes and go straight just before the accident. Somehow I think the blue car was distracted by that suv or maybe was blocked out from seeing the civic. (?)

No excuse here, clear day, dry road and light traffic. Sad
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15993 posts
7449 upvotes
RFD
Reaction of both vehicles were really slow but there's no debating the blue car was oblivious to its surroundings and the traffic light. Clear fault and still decided to turn at turtle speed. SMH
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1638 posts
2292 upvotes

Happened today right outside of Vaughan Mills. Don't mind the music.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1968 posts
1430 upvotes
Toronto
IHavocI wrote:

The only thing I could think of is when you signaled to go to the right lane, they figured you were going to make a right turn? Clueless nonetheless.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
IHavocI wrote:

Should not be on the road. Completely unaware that you're there - looked like she had a dog in the passenger seat(?) Brutal
Screenshot 2021-12-06 211917.png
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1638 posts
2292 upvotes
Electrah wrote: The only thing I could think of is when you signaled to go to the right lane, they figured you were going to make a right turn? Clueless nonetheless.
That makes sense, you might be right.

In my head, I was so sure I was going hit her that my hear rate skyrocketed lol I was like less than a foot away from hitting her car. It felt like it was inches away.
Last edited by IHavocI on Dec 6th, 2021 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1638 posts
2292 upvotes
blexann wrote: Should not be on the road. Completely unaware that you're there - looked like she had a dog in the passenger seat(?) Brutal

Screenshot 2021-12-06 211917.png

It blows my mind that they're drivers like this on our roads. So utterly clueless and unaware.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23680 posts
5122 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Electrah wrote: The only thing I could think of is when you signaled to go to the right lane, they figured you were going to make a right turn? Clueless nonetheless.
That could potentially explain the reason they pulled out, does not explain why they decided they need an additional lane to turn. I hate people that don't turn into their own lane.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
Even so, she turned straight into the rightmost lane (if I recall correctly there is both a left and right lane)
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7713 posts
10724 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Testing dashcam settings, 1440p@30fps, high bitrate. Clipped a random parking lot encounter. Not too happy with license plate legibility. Any setting to improve it?
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
rugerty100 wrote:

Testing dashcam settings, 1440p@30fps, high bitrate. Clipped a random parking lot encounter. Not too happy with license plate legibility. Any setting to improve it?
Wrong thread. If you're asking for general dash cam advice there is a specific thread for that.

Now with the above being said, your licence plate recognition at night with headlights is going to be poor regardless of cam quality because of the high plate reflection due to the gloss of the plate. Try using a polarized lens filter.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7713 posts
10724 upvotes
Richmond Hill
chimaican wrote: Wrong thread. If you're asking for general dash cam advice there is a specific thread for that.

Now with the above being said, your licence plate recognition at night with headlights is going to be poor regardless of cam quality because of the high plate reflection due to the gloss of the plate. Try using a polarized lens filter.
The VIOFO CPL filter is already installed, and I'll check out the dashcam discussion thread later, thanks.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
rugerty100 wrote: The VIOFO CPL filter is already installed, and I'll check out the dashcam discussion thread later, thanks.
You're one step above me then cause I don't have the filter. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3426 posts
1395 upvotes
Lévis
IHavocI wrote:

Wow, a driver that actually turn into the inside lane, congrats! Unlike the moron who turned in your face. Because if he had do that, he wouldn't have cut you.
Last edited by SPARTACVS on Dec 7th, 2021 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11095 posts
6728 upvotes
Toronto
rugerty100 wrote:

Try a different firmware?

Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
xtreemboarder wrote:

Happened on Monday.
Hope you are ok man. Where the **** did that car come from?
Nov 16, 2006
662 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
blexann wrote: Hope you are ok man. Where the **** did that car come from?
Yeah everyone is alright, thanks.

He was flying up the center lane behind me. That "whoa" was my reaction when he made a last second lane change into the right lane. He then lost control and drifted in front of my car as you can see in the video.

Kind of wish I had a rear cam. I thought he was going to rear end me.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2017
1088 posts
1224 upvotes
xtreemboarder wrote: Yeah everyone is alright, thanks.

He was flying up the center lane behind me. That "whoa" was my reaction when he made a last second lane change into the right lane. He then lost control and drifted in front of my car as you can see in the video.

Kind of wish I had a rear cam. I thought he was going to rear end me.
Damn sorry to see that and glad everyone is alright physically. Crappy Elantra strikes again!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)