Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 11:51 am
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4672 posts
558 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 9:31 pm
I assume he slowed down because you honked at him? That would be an interesting case because technically it's still one lane at that point so he didn't do anything wrong, he just took a wide turn.
Really that new lane shouldn't appear out of nowhere like that. It should diverge like the left turn lane there.
That's exactly right. I was a witness to an incident similar to this and was told the fault was assigned to the rear vehicle for that very reason - one lane - even though the turn was very wide.
Last edited by blexann on Nov 27th, 2017 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come join the Crypto discussion :

https://chat.whatsapp.com/33kLOgl0JXD7GLH0N0tspk

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2002
4972 posts
4900 upvotes
Toronto
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 9:16 pm
T-Bone steak was nearly achieved this morning.
I'm not sure what was going through this guy's head. Was it attempted insurance fraud?
Nothing wrong with what the driver did, aside from taking the turn a little wider than usual. Cam driver would've been at fault if there was any contact, it's single lane.
I've got a pretty good friend who's seen me at my worst.
He don't care if I'm a blessing or a curse,
But he always shows up when the chips are down.
That's the kind of friend I like to be around.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17021 posts
1877 upvotes
GTA West
engineered wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 9:31 pm
I assume he slowed down because you honked at him? That would be an interesting case because technically it's still one lane at that point so he didn't do anything wrong, he just took a wide turn.
Really that new lane shouldn't appear out of nowhere like that. It should diverge like the left turn lane there.
blexann wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 9:41 pm

That's exactly right. I was a witness to an incident similar to this and was told the fault was assigned to the rear vehicle for that very reason - one lane - even though the turn was very wide.
hoob wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 10:43 pm
Nothing wrong with what the driver did, aside from taking the turn a little wider than usual. Cam driver would've been at fault if there was any contact, it's single lane.
In the end, I agree with the comments here. The driver of the red car was not doing anything wrong. The unusually wide turn was probably because of the odd entry-angle of the parking lot driveway. A 'standard' turn might have taken him into the grass.

This was exacerbated by the road's irregular expansion from 1 lane into 2 lanes, without a clear delineation. The video doesn't show it, but at this point, the road just gradually expands from 1 lane into 2 lanes, and the guy turned right just before the dotted line for the 2nd lane appears.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3440 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
nothing wrong with the OP turning. He signaled early, just his turn was a little wide. you had enough time to slow down in my opinion.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5381 posts
1399 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
marktang wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 8:44 am
nothing wrong with the OP turning. He signaled early, just his turn was a little wide. you had enough time to slow down in my opinion.
I agree. The driver indicated their intention to turn right and based on sharp angle of the driveway did a wide turn as to not skip on the curb. OP was impatient.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Jul 31, 2016
327 posts
189 upvotes
He turned right. He should be turning from the most right part of the lane he is travelling. OP should have stayed on the left side and waited for the way to clear before proceeding, passing on the right when someone is indicating right is careless.
Feb 19, 2012
686 posts
200 upvotes
Woodbridge
The terrifying thing with that video is it looks like the driver actually tried to run you off the road. That is some serious road rage right there. Be thankful that he didn't kill you because it certainly looked like that was his intention.
Jan 9, 2009
157 posts
32 upvotes
Ontario
greybrick wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 12:17 am
The terrifying thing with that video is it looks like the driver actually tried to run you off the road. That is some serious road rage right there. Be thankful that he didn't kill you because it certainly looked like that was his intention.
Oh we are.
vkizzle wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 6:55 am
How long were you driving behind him, before passing?
Were you tailgating him prior to the pass?
We were not behind him very long. There is a stop sign before this intersection, maybe 750m-1km from this scene. The guy was going below the speed limit when we approached his vehicle, and passing path looked clear. So that's all.
We did not tailgate him at all, not even a little bit.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16319 posts
4953 upvotes
Ottawa
junkyardbottles wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 7:31 am
Oh we are.

We were not behind him very long. There is a stop sign before this intersection, maybe 750m-1km from this scene. The guy was going below the speed limit when we approached his vehicle, and passing path looked clear. So that's all.
We did not tailgate him at all, not even a little bit.
I read your other thread, glad no one was seriously injured.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4672 posts
558 upvotes
junkyardbottles wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 11:19 pm
Crossposted:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/can-fail ... r-2149114/

Recorded with VIOFO A119

He got mad that we passed him :(
He tried to run you off the road and at the speed you were going it could have been a very serious accident. Report to the police.
Come join the Crypto discussion :

https://chat.whatsapp.com/33kLOgl0JXD7GLH0N0tspk

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1624 posts
459 upvotes
Near Toronto
vkizzle wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 6:55 am
How long were you driving behind him, before passing?
Were you tailgating him prior to the pass?
Why does that even matter?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16319 posts
4953 upvotes
Ottawa
Ebeniz wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 9:12 am
Why does that even matter?
Because there are crazies out there!
If I'm approaching a vehicle that is driving slow, I will creep right to the center line and start planning my pass, but if the jerl up front becomes agitated and tries to block my view; I know right away to fall back and wait it out.

I've witness drivers purposely speeding up and slowing dow to block a pass and I'm not risking my life to save a few minutes.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1624 posts
459 upvotes
Near Toronto
vkizzle wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 9:25 am
Because there are crazies out there!
If I'm approaching a vehicle that is driving slow, I will creep right to the center line and start planning my pass, but if the jerl up front becomes agitated and tries to block my view; I know right away to fall back and wait it out.

I've witness drivers purposely speeding up and slowing dow to block a pass and I'm not risking my life to save a few minutes.
so you're blaming the victim. Nice.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)

Bulwark, GYR8, iflyplanes