Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2024 5:51 pm
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33206 posts
21116 upvotes
Toronto
I hope he has wear and tear coverage.
Last edited by booblehead on Feb 3rd, 2022 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2002
1385 posts
457 upvotes
Toronto
Road rage
Ford F-150 and Tesla Model 3 Northbound on Hwy 404. During today's rain/snowstorm.

Pick Up Truck Road Rage - Highway 404 Northbound and Hwy 7 - Feb 02 2022

During the rain/snow storm, a Tesla Model 3 is driving in the High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane heading northbound on Highway 404 and Hwy 7.

Pick up truck is a single occupant vehicle, tries passing the Tesla however encounters traffic on the right lane. Stays on the HOV lane, and tailgates the Tesla, driving along along the shoulder lane markers.

Vehicles approaching a safety salt truck, when traffic slows down, and the Tesla accelerates again. The pick up truck is still upset and continues the tailgating and aggressive driving on the shoulder lane markers.

An opening comes up, and the pick up truck overtakes the Tesla on the right lane, proceeds back on the left lane in front of the Tesla and brakes. Tesla vehicle changes lane and overtakes the pick up truck and then proceeds to the very far right lane. The pick up truck is not happy and leaves his lane and proceeds to follow the Tesla again. The pick up truck unsatisfied with being boxed in then passes both the CINTAS vehicle and Tesla on the very far lane.

Moral of the story DUMB.

Jun 21, 2009
974 posts
448 upvotes
EST
akide wrote: ...
During the rain/snow storm, a Tesla Model 3 is driving in the High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane heading northbound on Highway 404 and Hwy 7.
Pick up truck is a single occupant vehicle, tries passing the Tesla however encounters traffic on the right lane. Stays on the HOV lane, and tailgates the Tesla, driving along along the shoulder lane markers.
Interesting way of sharing your encounter from a 3rd person POV, and as if the vehicles were driving themselves. :rolleyes:

The moral of the story is to be more defensive. If you see someone impatient come flying up behind you, even if you are in the right, just be the bigger person and move over. His following distance (or lack there of) created a hazard to you and everyone else on that highway. Your ultimate reaction to speed and pass on the right was also unsafe, especially given the road conditions.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5853 posts
2602 upvotes
akide wrote: Road rage
Ford F-150 and Tesla Model 3 Northbound on Hwy 404. During today's rain/snowstorm.

Vehicles approaching a safety salt truck, when traffic slows down, and the Tesla accelerates again. The pick up truck is still upset and continues the tailgating and aggressive driving on the shoulder lane markers.

An opening comes up, and the pick up truck overtakes the Tesla on the right lane, proceeds back on the left lane in front of the Tesla and brakes. Tesla vehicle changes lane and overtakes the pick up truck and then proceeds to the very far right lane. The pick up truck is not happy and leaves his lane and proceeds to follow the Tesla again. The pick up truck unsatisfied with being boxed in then passes both the CINTAS vehicle and Tesla on the very far lane.

Moral of the story DUMB.

I drive this stretch of highway every day for work, and I swear that it has some of the most aggressive drivers I have seen (I drive all over the GTA for work). For whatever reason dudes in pickups seem to take every other vehicle on the road personally, as if they are out to get them and need to prove themselves on the highway. Probably didn't help that OP was driving an EV, which tends to upset certain pickup drivers even more...
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12708 posts
6222 upvotes
joshmxpx wrote: I drive this stretch of highway every day for work, and I swear that it has some of the most aggressive drivers I have seen (I drive all over the GTA for work). For whatever reason dudes in pickups seem to take every other vehicle on the road personally, as if they are out to get them and need to prove themselves on the highway. Probably didn't help that OP was driving an EV, which tends to upset certain pickup drivers even more...

Always wondered why? I will keep that mind when a pickup truck comes from behind next time.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5853 posts
2602 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote: Always wondered why? I will keep that mind when a pickup truck comes from behind next time.
There's a certain breed that feels EVs threaten the oil field jobs and that EVs are only driven by hipster doofuses or foreigners. Die hard blue collar/conservatives tend to blame their problems on Elon and his followers, they also feel that the ICE way of life is time-limited...
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21239 posts
25703 upvotes
GTA
akide wrote: Road rage

Moral of the story DUMB.
I was really hoping the F150 would spin out, flip over and kill the driver. Darwin doesn't always win.
That was smart to use the Cintas truck to keep him from brake checking you again.
That music though.. ouch. No audio would be better.

Looks like it goes both ways with Teslas and Trucks... almost as if people with small penises can drive any car.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TeslaModel3/co ... rage_mode/
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
Marx0r wrote: The moral of the story is to be more defensive. If you see someone impatient come flying up behind you, even if you are in the right, just be the bigger person and move over. His following distance (or lack there of) created a hazard to you and everyone else on that highway. Your ultimate reaction to speed and pass on the right was also unsafe, especially given the road conditions.
At the same time though, according to OP, that pickup should never have been in the HOV lane anyways since there was only one occupant. This is a case of an aggressive testosterone filled douche.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
13018 posts
2261 upvotes
Toronto
Winter-time construction + huge snow piles still left on the road = not a good time. Large orange construction bollards were used to close off this SB left lane before the intersection, and they were knocked over (probably by snowplows), so there wasn't any indicator that the lane would suddenly close, in the intersection. Elantra slowed down to change lanes mid-intersection, and the MDX driver clearly wasn't paying attention, and was going too fast.

And later, on the same trip! VW Atlas just rolls through a red, completely effing oblivious. After I honked, you could see the brake lights activating. Yeah, completely oblivious. Absolute idiot. I think the Chevy Equinox on the right was having some mechanical issues.

Deal with it.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
KorruptioN wrote: Winter-time construction + huge snow piles still left on the road = not a good time. Large orange construction bollards were used to close off this SB left lane before the intersection, and they were knocked over (probably by snowplows), so there wasn't any indicator that the lane would suddenly close, in the intersection. Elantra slowed down to change lanes mid-intersection, and the MDX driver clearly wasn't paying attention, and was going too fast.

Because no one was hurt, we need to see that one on replay. :D
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3426 posts
1395 upvotes
Lévis
joshmxpx wrote: I drive this stretch of highway every day for work, and I swear that it has some of the most aggressive drivers I have seen (I drive all over the GTA for work). For whatever reason dudes in pickups seem to take every other vehicle on the road personally, as if they are out to get them and need to prove themselves on the highway. Probably didn't help that OP was driving an EV, which tends to upset certain pickup drivers even more...
Set your hand free call for 911 and next time call the police. Agressive behaviour is agressive behaviour, 4 wheeled armor or not.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3426 posts
1395 upvotes
Lévis
engineered wrote: Not mine. Florida man brake checks tailgater, then blindly unloads gun into his own car after the other car throws a bottle at his.

https://i.imgur.com/NLuVp1B.mp4
Who the hell is that ****?
:facepalm:

Edit: Eric Popper

I haven't hear a gunshot like he claims, did you?
He's lucky he haven't killed the other person.
Wiki: Capital punishment is a legal penalty in the U.S. state of Florida.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21239 posts
25703 upvotes
GTA
SPARTACVS wrote: Who the hell is that ****?
:facepalm:

Edit: Eric Popper

I haven't hear a gunshot like he claims, did you?
He's lucky he haven't killed the other person.
Wiki: Capital punishment is a legal penalty in the U.S. state of Florida.
No, the other guy threw a bottle at his car. Of course he premeditated getting his gun ready after he brake check the other guy, then closed his eyes and blindly fired his weapon. Fortunately he didn't his any bystanders.
But he may get off with no charges, as Florida has stand your ground laws, where all you have to prove is that you were scared for your safety, even if you instigated it.
Jun 21, 2009
974 posts
448 upvotes
EST
engineered wrote: I was really hoping the F150 would spin out, flip over and kill the driver. Darwin doesn't always win.
Really? Dramatic, much. If that post is in-line with how you go about life, you might want to relax a little. Would you wish upon your family member to also die if they make a poor judgement on the road, in the heat of the moment? Counseling services are easy to come by to those with mental health issues. Otherwise, maybe try Twitter to air your radical frustrations.

This is what you are calling for, minus the death.

The amount of entitlement and aggression on our roads is next-level these days.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26651 posts
15244 upvotes
Toronto
Marx0r wrote: Interesting way of sharing your encounter from a 3rd person POV, and as if the vehicles were driving themselves. :rolleyes:

The moral of the story is to be more defensive. If you see someone impatient come flying up behind you, even if you are in the right, just be the bigger person and move over. His following distance (or lack there of) created a hazard to you and everyone else on that highway. Your ultimate reaction to speed and pass on the right was also unsafe, especially given the road conditions.
You can't move over in the HOV lane.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5853 posts
2602 upvotes
SPARTACVS wrote: Set your hand free call for 911 and next time call the police. Agressive behaviour is agressive behaviour, 4 wheeled armor or not.
No need to call the police (hint hint), that's why I do on average 300-500 km daily in the GTA
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21239 posts
25703 upvotes
GTA
Marx0r wrote: Really? Dramatic, much. If that post is in-line with how you go about life, you might want to relax a little. Would you wish upon your family member to also die if they make a poor judgement on the road, in the heat of the moment? Counseling services are easy to come by to those with mental health issues. Otherwise, maybe try Twitter to air your radical frustrations.
This is what you are calling for, minus the death.
The amount of entitlement and aggression on our roads is next-level these days.
Wow, I didn't expect to see anyone defending the lunatic on the road.
I wasn't being dramatic, I was just being hopeful that the idiot driver who's a danger to everyone would no longer be a danger.
If a family member was threatening the lives of others by aggressively tailgating, brake checking and harassing other drivers and crashes and killed themselves, I would feel they got what they deserved and were asking for. I wouldn't wish them dead but I would be happy that they only killed themselves and not others, but I would be sad that they were acting so badly that they got themselves killed.
But then at the end you agree that entitlement and aggression is next-level these days, which I hope isn't directed at me, the one criticizing the entitled and aggressive douche in the video.

That said, it's a common meme/joke that Darwin get's his man when an idiot kills himself, so the comment is mostly in jest. I'd be happy just to see the guy lose his license, but I wouldn't shed a tear for him if he crashed himself. I believe in karma, as I think most here do.
Jun 21, 2009
974 posts
448 upvotes
EST
engineered wrote: Wow, I didn't expect to see anyone defending the lunatic on the road.
I was not defending the F150 driver. My point is that as soon as the HOV lane ended, or approx. 10%/30s into the video, OP's best move was to diffuse the situation by moving over and letting the aggressive driver go, rather than staying put and maintaining the dangerous circumstances.

Ever since I have adjusted my driving mentality and style, I no longer have dramatic dashcam content to share as I avoid situations that lead up to these moments. Even if you are in the right, i.e. 0% at fault, having to deal with a repair to both your body and vehicle is not fun.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
2249 posts
2715 upvotes
https://streamable.com/cc12iu

Seem to have bad luck at this intersection. I knew he was going to pull out too, old man and his old lady, I laid the horn on him and he causally looked at me, at least he didn't brake and stop mid intersection. Maybe he was mad at gas prices.

And no I won't stop filming my sentry clips Face With Tears Of Joy
>Wake up and take the orange pill ...
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
13018 posts
2261 upvotes
Toronto
Altimas strike again. I think he was honking and gesturing to the cars ahead to go faster, and I didn't want to let him in at first because it would have put me right on his bumper. Then proceeds to drive down the opposite way, at good speed, too. Just brutal.

CHYV 547

Deal with it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)