Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 7:37 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9223 posts
688 upvotes
Mississauga
TicoGato, that first one with the BMW is ridiculous and stupid. Did you know the BMW was going to cut in front of you to turn left or did it just happen out of nowhere? I think you anticipated it happening?

Good job in catching up to it and getting the license plate and it running a stop sign.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5256 posts
1457 upvotes
radeonboy wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:39 am
TicoGato, that first one with the BMW is ridiculous and stupid. Did you know the BMW was going to cut in front of you to turn left or did it just happen out of nowhere? I think you anticipated it happening?

Good job in catching up to it and getting the license plate and it running a stop sign.
OP was waiting his turn to turn left and the bimmer pulled its stunt out of the blue. No anticipation there, but OP can correct me if I'm wrong.
Jul 25, 2015
414 posts
179 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Was on the highway today and I saw a X5 on the far right lane and I was in the left lane and needed to get into the middle lane. I somehow just new he was going to merge into the middle lane without signalling. And he did, I'm glad I waited or else we would have sideswiped each other. And then I watched him turn off on the next off ramp, without signalling of course. I rarely ever change lanes if there is a car on the outside lane. People are too lazy to signal. If you think about it, signalling is really the only "optional" thing for drivers to do. It is just pure laziness not to signal. What I mean when I say optional is you have to break, accelerate and steer when you drive.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5379 posts
1397 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
TicoGato wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:23 am
I'm going to report this one to TPS, its really wreckless to make a left turn from the right lane. I have the video (Time stamp is 1 hour slow), license plate number and vehicle description.

Deserves to have his licence taken away for 1st offense. Ran stop sign later on.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Jul 31, 2016
327 posts
188 upvotes
radeonboy wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:39 am

I did not know the BMW was going to do that beforehand. I was waiting for the SUV to turn and trying to judge the gap so I could make my turn before the oncoming car got to me. As that was all happening, I saw the BMW inch diagonally into my lane so I eased of the gas and covered the brake pedal to see what was going to happen. He totally cut in front of me and a few others who were behind me.
WHO wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:52 am
OP was waiting his turn to turn left and the bimmer pulled its stunt out of the blue. No anticipation there, but OP can correct me if I'm wrong.
Yep. I was waiting and he decided to pull a very dangerous move to cut in front.
chimaican wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 2:24 pm
Deserves to have his licence taken away for 1st offense. Ran stop sign later on.
Yeah. The stop sign roll is nothing compared to the awful left turn he pulled earlier.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
2681 posts
363 upvotes
TicoGato wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:23 am
I'm going to report this one to TPS, its really wreckless to make a left turn from the right lane. I have the video (Time stamp is 1 hour slow), license plate number and vehicle description.

You had a lot of time to turn left but you did not. Did you do it on purpose??? To me it looks like it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5379 posts
1397 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
romsan04 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:01 pm
You had a lot of time to turn left but you did not. Did you do it on purpose??? To me it looks like it.
A lot of time? He's turning left onto a two lane road with an oncoming vehicle who's also turning right onto that same road, into the same lane.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
2382 posts
186 upvotes
Brampton
chimaican wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:47 pm
A lot of time? He's turning left onto a two lane road with an oncoming vehicle who's also turning right onto that same road, into the same lane.
I had someone honk me yesterday for not going on a left when there was clearly a car about to turn right into a single lane road. Some people are just oblivious.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7564 posts
1010 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote:

toeknee89 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:07 pm
I had someone honk me yesterday for not going on a left when there was clearly a car about to turn right into a single lane road. Some people are just oblivious.
+999999999999999999999

Exactly, you guys know, not like those stupidly rushed ppl. There's no time for OP to turn left, crazy to even think that. Just lousy and selfish drivers.

I would never ever honk someone in front of me to make a turn at a busy area because one never knows what's ahead and don't want to unduly stress/pressure someone, possibly causing an accident or worse. Lots of sphincters on the road, in a mad rush to go nowhere fast.

If I had a rocket launcher, if I had a rocket launcher...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9223 posts
688 upvotes
Mississauga
Where's the down vote button when you need it?
romsan04 wrote:
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
2681 posts
363 upvotes
chimaican wrote:
Take a look at the video again, he did not position his car for the proper left turn. He stopped and positioned his car at least one car away from where he supposed to be. As I said it looks like OP is not surprised and did not even say anything so he is just trying to piss off other driver.

I am not defending other driver for his actions but clearly there is more here that OP want us to know. He wanted to teach him as well I suppose....
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9223 posts
688 upvotes
Mississauga
Are you the BMW driver? Face With Tears Of Joy
romsan04 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 12:13 pm
Take a look at the video again, he did not position his car for the proper left turn. He stopped and positioned his car at least one car away from where he supposed to be. As I said it looks like OP is not surprised and did not even say anything so he is just trying to piss off other driver.

I am not defending other driver for his actions but clearly there is more here that OP want us to know. He wanted to teach him as well I suppose....
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
2681 posts
363 upvotes
If he would position his car properly the BMW driver would not be able to do this.
Plus it is not safe to do left turns, since your distance increases to cross oncoming traffic.

Jul 31, 2016
327 posts
188 upvotes
romsan04 wrote:
Can you tell me, according to the timestamp in the video, when did I have "a lot of time" to turn left?
chimaican wrote:
That was my thought process as well. The vehicle turning right has the right of way, and I am also waiting him to clear the turn so that I don't end up getting stuck behind him if he stops right after making his turn to pick up/drop off a passenger. I don't want to get caught sticking the rear end of my car into the right lane.
romsan04 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 12:13 pm

If you look at the video, the yellow dividing line gets broken up and I position my car just shy of the break, it goes out of view from the camera. The other driver was never directly behind me. If I were to guess, I'd say he was travelling south on Senlac, made a right turn on Sheppard and for some reason want to continue south on Senlac.
romsan04 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 1:03 pm
If he would position his car properly the BMW driver would not be able to do this.
Plus it is not safe to do left turns, since your distance increases to cross oncoming traffic.

Can you please cite your source? Where did you find these images?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1621 posts
458 upvotes
Near Toronto
romsan04 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 1:03 pm

Apparently you have one of those 4 wheel steering cars. There's no way you can do the turn if you position yourself like that.
Last edited by Ebeniz on Dec 8th, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.