Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2024 5:51 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13838 posts
5542 upvotes
Ontario
Video is Private, cant see it
DoorCrasher wrote: This happened this evening. Long story short: at the end of the video you will see it. Red Kia Rondo in right lane, mandatory right turn at the red light. Guy decides he continue straight forward. Light turns green, and we follow our lanes (road is covered by snow, we don't see the lines) and this guy hits my mirror. My mirror flips, I don't see if there is any damages like broken glass. What I want to do is pull over to see if there is any damages to both cars, and share drivers infos (if needed) but the other driver decides to accelerate and push me towards the median. Then he accelerate and finally escape from the scene. I am now nervous, and press all the buttons on my dashcam to keep this on file. Few block farther I come across the Rondo , he stops. We have a ''pep'' talk, and I have no damages except a scratch on the mirror. The car is very dirty due to the weather, I can't see if there is more damages.

Question: would you report that moron to the autorities? Does it worth anything? Since I first thought of a hit and run, but then later he stopped as I reached him and barely see damages on my car...

It starts aroud 35 secs.

Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9316 upvotes
Montréal
sickcars wrote: Video is Private, cant see it
Damn. Sorry for this. Just fixed the link, thanks for reporting this to me.
Dec 27, 2017
451 posts
459 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: This happened this evening. Long story short: at the end of the video you will see it. Red Kia Rondo in right lane, mandatory right turn at the red light. Guy decides he continue straight forward. Light turns green, and we follow our lanes (road is covered by snow, we don't see the lines) and this guy hits my mirror. My mirror flips, I don't see if there is any damages like broken glass. What I want to do is pull over to see if there is any damages to both cars, and share drivers infos (if needed) but the other driver decides to accelerate and push me towards the median. Then he accelerate and finally escape from the scene. I am now nervous, and press all the buttons on my dashcam to keep this on file. Few block farther I come across the Rondo , he stops. We have a ''pep'' talk, and I have no damages except a scratch on the mirror. The car is very dirty due to the weather, I can't see if there is more damages.

Question: would you report that moron to the autorities? Does it worth anything? Since I first thought of a hit and run, but then later he stopped as I reached him and barely see damages on my car...

It starts aroud 35 secs.

EDIT #1: Fixed the video link that was set to private in my Youtube parameters
Hmm I'd definitely be considering reporting this to the authorities. Dangerous/aggressive driving? Granted with the snow covered road I think the driver would have an out in saying they didn't see the lane marking and assumed they were in a through lane. So it's kind of a toss up for you, if no damage to your vehicle is it worth your effort to report this.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13838 posts
5542 upvotes
Ontario
So I see issues with both drivers.

#1 - At the beginning of the video you are not driving in your lane and it looks like you may have forced him to slow down and move over because you were driving in the middle when there was enough room for you to move ot the left. So I'm thinking you cut him off.

#2 that other driver was probably pissed off because you may have cut him off and were driving in the middle of the street when you should of been over to the left. Because of this he forced you over kinda like saying you did it to me i'll do it worse back to you. Now mind you he was very aggressive and should not of done it all and he took it to far as it could of ended up worse.

its hard to see but that's kinda what it looks like to me, so if that person also has a dash cam he can likely get you in trouble too. if you have a rear view camera post that video too

It starts aroud 35 secs.

EDIT #1: Fixed the video link that was set to private in my Youtube parameters
Last edited by sickcars on Mar 2nd, 2022 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
There's some road rage at the very end which was very dangerous but if there's not much damage I wouldn't report. Also agree with @sickcars above
Last edited by blexann on Mar 2nd, 2022 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21239 posts
25703 upvotes
GTA
sickcars wrote: So I see issues with both drivers.

#1 - At the beginning of the video you are not driving in your lane and it looks like you may have forced him to slow down and move over because you were driving in the middle when there was enough room for you to move ot the left. So I'm thinking you cut him off.

#2 that cut was probably pissed off because you may have cut him off and were driving in the middle of the street when you should of been over to the left. Because of this he forced you over kinda like saying you did it to me i'll do it worse back to you. Now mind you he was very aggressive and should not of done at all and he took it to far as it could of ended up worse.

its hard to see but that's kinda what it looks like to me, so if that person also has a dash cam he can likely get you in trouble too. if you have a rear view camera post that video too
Yea, both drivers should be nicer to each other in such conditions. Maybe the other guy isn't familiar with the road?
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9316 upvotes
Montréal
sickcars wrote: So I see issues with both drivers.

#2 that other driver was probably pissed off because you may have cut him off and were driving in the middle of the street when you should of been over to the left. Because of this he forced you over kinda like saying you did it to me i'll do it worse back to you. Now mind you he was very aggressive and should not of done it all and he took it to far as it could of ended up worse.

Take into consideration that this is a 3 lanes boulevard. I am driving in the middle lane, before, and passed the intersection. At the intersection it is a mandatory right turn if you drive un the right lane, so may be my mistake but I assumed that this driver would turn right at this intersection. Still, passed the intersection I kept driving in my lane, the middle lane, and the other driver shifted left, to the point to make contact with my side mirror.

I am not trying to justify myself, just explaining facts and have other's opinion.

I do have a rear dashcam, but since it was snowing the rear window have snow just in the line if sight of the cam lens, so all we see is water drops and snow flakes
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13838 posts
5542 upvotes
Ontario
ahh ok i see, I dont know the road so I could be wrong so i can only go off of what I see in the video but if that right lane ends then yes you would not be cutting him off.
DoorCrasher wrote: Take into consideration that this is a 3 lanes boulevard. I am driving in the middle lane, before, and passed the intersection. At the intersection it is a mandatory right turn if you drive un the right lane, so may be my mistake but I assumed that this driver would turn right at this intersection. Still, passed the intersection I kept driving in my lane, the middle lane, and the other driver shifted left, to the point to make contact with my side mirror.

I am not trying to justify myself, just explaining facts and have other's opinion.

I do have a rear dashcam, but since it was snowing the rear window have snow just in the line if sight of the cam lens, so all we see is water drops and snow flakes
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9316 upvotes
Montréal
sickcars wrote: ahh ok i see, I dont know the road so I could be wrong so i can only go off of what I see in the video but if that right lane ends then yes you would not be cutting him off.
It's difficult to see since the road is covered by snow. Also difficult because I am the only one Who knows that road. The right lane is a mandatory right turn, but continues passed the intersection. 3 lanes boulevard before and passed the intersection. Si, to me, There was enough Room for both drivers to keep driving straight in his own lane. Again, not trying to justify myself, just explaining facts and what happened seeking for other's opinion
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9316 upvotes
Montréal
engineered wrote: Yea, both drivers should be nicer to each other in such conditions. Maybe the other guy isn't familiar with the road?
Possible. We'll never know. Road signs are there, and clear though... What pisses me off with this There is contact between 2 vehicles, and one try to ouah the other to the median curb, cut him off and then tries to fly away. When 2 vehicles "touches" each other I call this an accident, and both should have stop instead of escalating. . That's what I would have done, if the other party stayed cool and stopped instead of playing dumb and dangerous game
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12707 posts
6222 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: Damn. Sorry for this. Just fixed the link, thanks for reporting this to me.
Aggressive driving. If it was me I would have backed looking at the road conditions especially. Dealing with insurance, getting a car fixed, don't need that stuff if it can be avoided at all.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4565 posts
3506 upvotes
Montreal
DoorCrasher wrote: Question: would you report that moron to the autorities? Does it worth anything? Since I first thought of a hit and run, but then later he stopped as I reached him and barely see damages on my car...

It starts aroud 35 secs.
You are in Montreal, the cops will tell you to piss off and contact insurance if you want to file a claim.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9316 upvotes
Montréal
jzmtl wrote: You are in Montreal, the cops will tell you to piss off and contact insurance if you want to file a claim.
I am not from Montréal. This dis not happened in Montréal. And there is no damages. Just looking for advices regarding if I should report reckless driver or not.

I always thought that people from Toronto think that it is the center of the world, looks like people from Montréal thinks the same!! Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyWinking Face
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7664 posts
10947 upvotes
Scarbs
Looks like the other dude tried to run you straight into a post
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4565 posts
3506 upvotes
Montreal
DoorCrasher wrote: I am not from Montréal. This dis not happened in Montréal. And there is no damages. Just looking for advices regarding if I should report reckless driver or not.

I always thought that people from Toronto think that it is the center of the world, looks like people from Montréal thinks the same!! Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyWinking Face
Okay where are you then? Since you choose not to give your location in either your profile or when when you asked for advice.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9316 upvotes
Montréal
jzmtl wrote: Okay where are you then? Since you choose not to give your location in either your profile or when when you asked for advice.
Somewhere in QC. Winking Face
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4565 posts
3506 upvotes
Montreal
DoorCrasher wrote: Somewhere in QC. Winking Face
Lol okay, then nobody can gives you an answer since some cops give a bit more damn than others.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9316 upvotes
Montréal
jzmtl wrote: Lol okay, then nobody can gives you an answer since some cops give a bit more damn than others.
I get it. Thanks Thumbs Up Sign
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
3012 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
The number one reason I hate driving downtown toronto. Beck Taxi’s

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)