Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2018 11:31 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2391 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
🤦‍♂️

Don't know which part of the video you saw me tailgating him...use the car on the right for reference. I was at least 2 or maybe even 3 cars away from him.... The only part I was remotely close was when he stopped. I went from 60-30 suddenly.... but regardless of if I was tailgating him or not. It's never "safe" to suddenly stop at a green light just to cut two lanes to make a right turn from the far left lane. I really hope you don't actually think this is a safe way of driving.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11221 posts
1671 upvotes
RFD
congeetime wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 9:15 pm
🤦‍♂️

Don't know which part of the video you saw me tailgating him...use the car on the right for reference. I was at least 2 or maybe even 3 cars away from him.... The only part I was remotely close was when he stopped. I went from 60-30 suddenly.... but regardless of if I was tailgating him or not. It's never "safe" to suddenly stop at a green light just to cut two lanes to make a right turn from the far left lane. I really hope you don't actually think this is a safe way of driving.
I agree that the Accord driver was in the wrong and made an unsafe maneuver. Technically by the book people should be driving in the right lane at all times unless they want to pass on the left, very little people follow this rule though. Anyway the Accord if it was lost, the most safest thing would have been to get over the right lane where it had every opportunity to enter a gas station or any entrance on the right to turn back. That would have been the safest bet. Your gap was totally fine.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5471 posts
1631 upvotes
Cop wanted to run the red, he decided it was a good idea on the slippery road. Also, he turned on his lights... after he was already engaged.

Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
566 upvotes
Near Toronto
WHO wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 7:53 pm
Cop wanted to run the red, he decided it was a good idea on the slippery road. Also, he turned on his lights... after he was already engaged.

somehow it would have been your fault if you hit him.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1812 posts
293 upvotes
m4r 1k8
Ebeniz wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 12:14 am
somehow it would have been your fault if you hit him.
dont think so pretty sure the cops have to make sure that the road is clear before continuing through intersections ... theres many witnesses around there ...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5317 posts
5214 upvotes
Toronto
radeonboy wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 9:45 pm
I agree that the Accord driver was in the wrong and made an unsafe maneuver. Technically by the book people should be driving in the right lane at all times unless they want to pass on the left, very little people follow this rule though. Anyway the Accord if it was lost, the most safest thing would have been to get over the right lane where it had every opportunity to enter a gas station or any entrance on the right to turn back. That would have been the safest bet. Your gap was totally fine.
The drive-on-the-left rule only applies to controlled access highways, not boulevards.
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
566 upvotes
Near Toronto
ed116 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 9:18 am
dont think so pretty sure the cops have to make sure that the road is clear before continuing through intersections ... theres many witnesses around there ...
hum... That was obviously a sarcastic comment...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
5298 posts
852 upvotes
canoek wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 10:04 am
That is the most terrible piece of driving I have seen. How did he mess this up?
Jackass driving with all the likely contribtions

Road conditions don't look great and he is passing at a high rate of speed. Likely distracted driving as well, it appears the van in front hits begins braking a full 4-5 seconds before the Audi begins to slow down. Also no situational awareness and he just swerves into another car to avoid the accident he created for himself.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11221 posts
1671 upvotes
RFD
hoob wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 9:36 am
The drive-on-the-left rule only applies to controlled access highways, not boulevards.
hoob wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 9:36 am
Confused to why you are confused?

By the book, and through every driving class (on the road and in-class) I've had since I was a teen ages ago to get my license, it is always said that traffic should keep to the right, while using the left lanes for passing. Doesn't matter where it is, freeway, highway, regular main local road. The MTO drivers handbook says to keep to the right of the road or in the right-hand lane on multi-lane roads unless you want to turn left or pass another vehicle. This is especially important if you are driving more slowly than other vehicles.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5471 posts
1631 upvotes
ed116 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 9:18 am
That, plus he only turned on his lights after he engaged. He turned them back off right after he completed the turn. So, he just wanted to run the red, but couldn't be bothered to wait until it was clear. Typical MTL cops though.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1702 posts
756 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Obviously my fault for not looking to my right before pulling out to turn right. I know pedestrians have the right of way in a case like this, but what happens if it's a sidewalk plow operator? I was looking right occasionally here for pedestrians, but this plow came along much faster than a walking pedestrian, so I can see how I missed it while scanning left and right. Either way, I should have looked right before starting to pull out. I saw him at the last second. I didn't realize he honked his horn until I viewed the video after the fact. Had to have a chuckle after this though seeing the operator's "open your eyes" expression - this must happen to him a lot. Anyways, I throw myself at the mercy of the RFD court. Let me have it!

Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11221 posts
1671 upvotes
RFD
I'm surprised you posted this, kudos to you for doing that. You know what you did wrong, so don't do it again. Always scan triple times both directions. I think the loud music distracted you from scanning properly or else you would have heard a loud motorized plow coming towards you.
MarvinMartian wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 10:21 pm
Obviously my fault for not looking to my right before pulling out to turn right. I know pedestrians have the right of way in a case like this, but what happens if it's a sidewalk plow operator? I was looking right occasionally here for pedestrians, but this plow came along much faster than a walking pedestrian, so I can see how I missed it while scanning left and right. Either way, I should have looked right before starting to pull out. I saw him at the last second. I didn't realize he honked his horn until I viewed the video after the fact. Had to have a chuckle after this though seeing the operator's "open your eyes" expression - this must happen to him a lot. Anyways, I throw myself at the mercy of the RFD court. Let me have it!

Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1702 posts
756 upvotes
Kanata, ON
radeonboy wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 11:06 pm
I'm surprised you posted this, kudos to you for doing that. You know what you did wrong, so don't do it again. Always scan triple times both directions. I think the loud music distracted you from scanning properly or else you would have heard a loud motorized plow coming towards you.
Never a bad idea to post your own faults when you know you're in the wrong. Could have been the music, but those mini tractors aren't that loud anyways, plus with windows up and defrost blowing you'd probably never hear it. Just glad we both stopped in time. He probably had his foot over the brake and hand on the horn anyways as he approached.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

booblehead