Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2024 5:51 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8512 posts
11707 upvotes
GTA
I agree. Why was the rear dashcam video posted? Does the forward video show that the car was already backing out before the poster was even in the same lane and it was clear when the car started to reverse? I think this might be the case since they posted "I was faster".
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
...If I'm backing out (as the 3rd spot over from the roadway) my eye is on that roadway - along with behind and to the right but the roadway to the left entering the aisle is right there. Driver should have easily seen the OP
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7664 posts
10947 upvotes
Scarbs
Overshoots the stop sign, tailgates me, and risks a head-on collision just to save a minute. I've lived in that area for 10+ years. There's a handful of collisions every year at the end of that street, because of people like this.

Also - not a dashcam vid, but a week or so earlier, this guy got into a head-on with someone in the opposite turn lane

When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21239 posts
25703 upvotes
GTA

Nearly side swiped by soccer mom non paying attention. Hard braking+horn avoided the crash.

There's often some people here who don't know how to use this lane. They should continue in the lane and merge left as needed.
Instead, they stop and try to cross 3 lanes immediately, just to get over for a left turn onto the highway, almost 1km down the road.

This car up ahead lazily cuts in front of this semi truck as it's going downhill on a wet road. You can hear its tires skidding as it tries to stop in time.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
tew wrote: I agree. Why was the rear dashcam video posted? Does the forward video show that the car was already backing out before the poster was even in the same lane and it was clear when the car started to reverse? I think this might be the case since they posted "I was faster".
I get the feeling OP was in the wrong and hence why no front dash cam. The possible telltale sign is that in OPs video, you can clearly see the pedestrian customers looking back at OP as he drives away. This could normally be interpreted as that vehicle being in the wrong. People normally always look at the guilty party.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12708 posts
6222 upvotes
chimaican wrote: I get the feeling OP was in the wrong and hence why no front dash cam. The possible telltale sign is that in OPs video, you can clearly see the pedestrian customers looking back at OP as he drives away. This could normally be interpreted as that vehicle being in the wrong. People normally always look at the guilty party.
I wonder how close he came to hitting them/scaring them the way he sped off to avoid the guy backing out, possibly another reason they were looking at OP.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2020
3350 posts
6338 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
PZRK wrote: I was faster.
Yes you're in the right and those pulling out of a parking spot needs to watch for other cars. But come on bro, it's a Costco parking lot and the driver's probably old (Buick owners tend to be). It was clear when the started reversing and you turned the corner catching them off guard.

This is why I usually back into spots... So many impatient people that can't sacrifice 30 seconds of their time.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2013
1218 posts
600 upvotes
North of Toronto
What are some of your favourite dash cam videos from this thread?
May 4, 2017
211 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
engineered wrote:
There's often some people here who don't know how to use this lane. They should continue in the lane and merge left as needed.
Instead, they stop and try to cross 3 lanes immediately, just to get over for a left turn onto the highway, almost 1km down the road.
Hate these people. You have an entire merge lane, use it.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12708 posts
6222 upvotes
muratp wrote: Hate these people. You have an entire merge lane, use it.
Some people are just not comfortable when you have got 4 trucks right next to the merge lane.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21239 posts
25703 upvotes
GTA
bobcat99 wrote: Some people are just not comfortable when you have got 4 trucks right next to the merge lane.
Maybe they shouldn't be on the road if they're afraid of trucks. But they do this even if it's only passenger vehicles.
The problem is they have the mentality that they need to get over to the left lane as soon as possible, for a turn almost 1km down the road, rather than use the lane they're in to accelerate and change lanes normally.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2012
6942 posts
6062 upvotes
Oakville, ON
bobcat99 wrote: Some people are just not comfortable when you have got 4 trucks right next to the merge lane.
I think the issue is actually that they don't look far enough to the right to see that the lane is open and doesn't end. Instead, they assume that the lane ends and then they try to pick their timing to turn for when they will have a big enough gap to move over to the 2nd lane right away. They treat the lane as if it's a very short acceleration lane that ends without actually seeing that it's a proper lane that doesn't end.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2007
3237 posts
4475 upvotes
Toronto
The red light for the Kia driver was on for at least 5 seconds already.
I saw him flying, realized there's no way he'll stop on time, and honked for 2-3 seconds.
That's why he stopped.

I see people running this red light all the time, especially during the day.
But cops, as usual, are nowhere to be seen.
They prefer to catch people speeding on bicycles in High Park.
Today one guy received a ticket for going 6 km/h over the speed limit, 20 km/h.
True story.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15846 posts
10525 upvotes
Toronto
Red lights are optional in Toronto, good thing no one was crossing the street.

DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
koffey wrote: Red lights are optional in Toronto, good thing no one was crossing the street.

Damn plate blur.
I would definitely report that one if the original video does not have blur.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15846 posts
10525 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote: Damn plate blur.
I would definitely report that one if the original video does not have blur.
Cause car was going sooo fast, I think the limit was 50, easy 75. I watched him approach and used the horn, best I could do. Insane. However, I will check to see if the unedited version is clear. Thanks.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8512 posts
11707 upvotes
GTA
xrvr wrote: The red light for the Kia driver was on for at least 5 seconds already.
I saw him flying, realized there's no way he'll stop on time, and honked for 2-3 seconds.
That's why he stopped.

I see people running this red light all the time, especially during the day.
True story.
I saw that story on CP24. The police were there because of complaints made by pedestrians of bicyclists not obeying the rules of the road not because they were targeted. They showed a video of bikes not stopping at stop signs, didn't even slow down. In another video people crossing the road properly had to stop or get hit when riders disobeyed a stop sign.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
xrvr wrote: I see people running this red light all the time, especially during the day.
True story.
tew wrote: I saw that story on CP24. The police were there because of complaints made by pedestrians of bicyclists not obeying the rules of the road not because they were targeted. They showed a video of bikes not stopping at stop signs, didn't even slow down. In another video people crossing the road properly had to stop or get hit when riders disobeyed a stop sign.
Cyclists need to decide what they want. They want to be respected & treated like other vehicles on the road when riding on the road with motor vehicles and yet they don't want to follow the Highway Traffic Act?

I'm sorry, but they can't have it both ways.

I still recall a pedestrian who was run over downtown by a cyclist. She had a bad concussion. Another timea I myself almost being hit by a cyclist who ran a red light as I was crossing at a proper pedestrian crosswalk. I had the right-of-way with the signal. From that day on I say "FU to any entitled cyclist who clearly thinks they are above the law"

Damn right ticket them.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8512 posts
11707 upvotes
GTA
chimaican wrote: Cyclists need to decide what they want. They want to be respected & treated like other vehicles on the road when riding on the road with motor vehicles and yet they don't want to follow the Highway Traffic Act?

I'm sorry, but they can't have it both ways.

I still recall a pedestrian who was run over downtown by a cyclist. She had a bad concussion. Another timea I myself almost being hit by a cyclist who ran a red light as I was crossing at a proper pedestrian crosswalk. I had the right-of-way with the signal. From that day on I say "FU to any entitled cyclist who clearly thinks they are above the law"

Damn right ticket them.
There are cyclists that obey the rules of the road but the closer you get to any built up area the fewer there are and the more selfish, inconsiderate and uncaring they seem to be. I bet if that park was in Port Hope rather than Toronto there wouldn't be anywhere near as many issues even taking into account the lower number of cyclists and pedestrians.
The same can be said for motorists as well that's part of the reason for the higher insurance rates in Toronto, GTHA.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

booblehead