Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2018 1:17 pm
Apr 24, 2014
860 posts
310 upvotes
deepanMedia wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:45 am
My guess is no one had winter tires on..lol
Possibly, as this occurred 10 days before the law requires you to have winter tires on.

Also any tires, be it winter or not versus ice, ice always wins.
Banned
Jan 9, 2018
151 posts
47 upvotes
hybrid09 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 11:14 am
Possibly, as this occurred 10 days before the law requires you to have winter tires on.

Also any tires, be it winter or not versus ice, ice always wins.
True, and to be honest, the Peel region cops don't even have winters on their cars. Just found out recently.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
2225 posts
1132 upvotes
Montreal
deepanMedia wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:45 am
My guess is no one had winter tires on..lol
The green taxi had winter tires, only helped a tiny bit.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5371 posts
1565 upvotes
cristianosham wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 9:57 pm
I think public transport, police and city vehicles are not required to have auto insurance, instead they are self insured. So in this scenario the first dark colored van and white pickup's damaged will be covered by STM.
They are self-insured, but in QC you still have to file the claim with your insurance and they'll in turn deal with the STM. Fault will be determined by the "direct compensation agreement". In this scenario (pile-up): 0% fault for the first in line, 50/50 for everyone in the middle, and 100% for the last one.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
1447 posts
564 upvotes
Toronto, ON
akon1943 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 1:30 pm
This was close. Should've I just moved forward instead of stopping?
That BMW driver must be blind. He couldn't see the traffic coming down from the Richmond ramp in broad daylight?
Sep 9, 2017
457 posts
246 upvotes
Winnipeg
canoek wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 5:24 pm
That BMW driver must be blind. He couldn't see the traffic coming down from the Richmond ramp in broad daylight?
One of those cross your fingers, hope for the best and gun it? I've seen people make some pretty rash decisions when they were tired of waiting for an opening.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1166 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto
akon1943 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 1:30 pm
This was close. Should've I just moved forward instead of stopping?
Combination of a few things:
- Cammer drives a suv/pickup thus blocking BMW’s view
- Golf not anticipating cars may dart across (long distance between cammer and the cars in front is a telltale sign)
- BMW shouldn’t dart out without a clear view knowing he can’t see what’s behind Cammer’s Car

Sometimes I don’t bother leaving a courtesy gap knowing it may do more harm than good. Others probably thinks I’m rude but they don’t realize it avoided them of a dangerous situation.
Jul 25, 2015
601 posts
332 upvotes
TicoGato wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:47 pm
You are a terrible driver. Thanks for posting videos on how not to drive. You should learn what the U turn laws are in Ontario before you post.
Banned
Jul 31, 2016
437 posts
254 upvotes
Sinasta wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 11:58 pm
You are a terrible driver. Thanks for posting videos on how not to drive. You should learn what the U turn laws are in Ontario before you post.
Please, educate me.
Banned
Jan 9, 2018
151 posts
47 upvotes
Sinasta wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 11:58 pm
Umm it looks like the driver in front did a U-turn not the person who posted the video. Unless there's no U-turn sign it is ok to do a U-turn. But that driver in front of him doing the U-turn is asking for trouble.
Aug 6, 2017
19 posts
23 upvotes
TicoGato wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:47 pm
Where are you from? In Ontario u-turns are legal unless there is a sign prohibiting them or unless it is unsafe to do so. British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Newfoundland have laws against u-turns that we don't have.
Aug 6, 2017
19 posts
23 upvotes
Found the exact law in Ontario,
U-turns prohibited

143 No driver or operator of a vehicle upon a highway shall turn the vehicle so as to proceed in the opposite direction when,

(a) upon a curve where traffic approaching the vehicle from either direction cannot be seen by the driver of the vehicle within a distance of 150 metres;

(b) on a railway crossing or within 30 metres of a railway crossing;

(c) upon an approach to or near the crest of a grade where the vehicle cannot be seen by the driver of another vehicle approaching from either direction within 150 metres; or

(d) within 150 metres of a bridge, viaduct or tunnel where the driver’s view is obstructed within such distance. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 143.
Aug 12, 2016
302 posts
173 upvotes
LordPhan wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 9:55 am
Found the exact law in Ontario,
Looks like non of those conditions were met to make the u-turn illegal so the video poster should of just went farther up in the turn lane and made his turn behind the u-turning vehicle. It looks like the video poster just turned from where he was rather than proceeding to end of turn lane and then turning.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

diesel1115