Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2018 6:57 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2011
3283 posts
320 upvotes
GTA
engineered wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:07 am
Sadly it was still your friend's fault. He was on the wrong tires and following too closely. Car ahead was well within their rights to stop for a yellow.
How did the cops know they were a scammer? Maybe he was just agreeing with your friend to placate them?
Because too many similar incidents at same spot. The scammer drives around the same blocks in figure 8 fishing victims. They only move on downhill, create enough impact so the entire "family" on board gets to claim injuries.

I was thinking even with winters, the stopping distance changes given slope and not many would experiment with their car's momentum to know.

It's an expensive way to learn but at least those scammers are adding value by teaching people grade 11 physics, relative to the ragu stunt.

MTO should show such footages so people know what winter driving takes.
Feb 19, 2012
742 posts
301 upvotes
Woodbridge
TicoGato wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 10:31 pm
He is signaling left, I am expecting him to turn left. When he makes a U-Turn instead of doing what he is signalling, it causes confusion - which almost result in him getting pit maneuvered.
He signalled to do a u-turn. If you were confused it was only because you were following too closely. If anything almost resulted in him being t-boned it was your aggressive attitude. In the video where you sped up to block the bus you were within your rights to do so, even if it was an aggressive move. Here, if you hit the other driver you would be entirely at fault. He did nothing confusing or illegal.
Apr 15, 2014
160 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto, ON
greybrick wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:07 am
He signalled to do a u-turn. If you were confused it was only because you were following too closely. If anything almost resulted in him being t-boned it was your aggressive attitude. In the video where you sped up to block the bus you were within your rights to do so, even if it was an aggressive move. Here, if you hit the other driver you would be entirely at fault. He did nothing confusing or illegal.
He didn’t put his u turn blinker on doh.
Please respond
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5377 posts
3723 upvotes
GTA
LongLiveRFD wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:21 am
Because too many similar incidents at same spot. The scammer drives around the same blocks in figure 8 fishing victims. They only move on downhill, create enough impact so the entire "family" on board gets to claim injuries.

I was thinking even with winters, the stopping distance changes given slope and not many would experiment with their car's momentum to know.

It's an expensive way to learn but at least those scammers are adding value by teaching people grade 11 physics, relative to the ragu stunt.

MTO should show such footages so people know what winter driving takes.
Ignorance of weather changes is no defence. So yes, expensive lesson for your friend. It could just as easily been someone who isn't a scammer.

Agree on showing the vids to new drivers. I show then to my wife and kids. They need to learn to not panic and always assume the worst, and don't do favours that cause dangerous situations.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4495 posts
2703 upvotes
North York
TicoGato wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 11:16 pm
It doesn't exist, which is why I suggested he take an extra 30 seconds to make the left, turn into a driveway, back out and proceed to make a right turn when he gets back to Victoria Park.
You are correct, every else is wrong. Drive on!
Feb 19, 2012
742 posts
301 upvotes
Woodbridge
CardinalComb wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:55 am
He didn’t put his u turn blinker on doh.
What are you talking about? The driver making the u-turn had his signal on and made a perfectly legal turn.
Jul 31, 2016
422 posts
245 upvotes
Drivers making U-Turns are the last group when it comes to right-of-way. Regardless of signage, and signalling, ultimately they must do it safely.

Here's a link to a Globe and Mail article
Two other sections of the HTA – section 141 and 142 – "stress the responsibility of all drivers to ensure that they make safe driving decisions when making turns," the MTO said.
"At an intersection, it might say, 'No U-turns,'" said Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, with the Ontario Provincial Police Highway Safety Division. "But otherwise, as long as it's safe – as long as it's not on a blind corner, a crest of a hill of in front of a railway crossing – you can do them."
"You can't interfere with any traffic that may be approaching – if you do you may be charged with other offences, although not necessarily the U-turn offence," said Const. Clint Stibbe, with Toronto Police Traffic Services.
If you are going to refute what I say, please do so kindly and with some evidence.

Thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4495 posts
2703 upvotes
North York
TicoGato wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:44 am
Drivers making U-Turns are the last group when it comes to right-of-way. Regardless of signage, and signalling, ultimately they must do it safely.

Here's a link to a Globe and Mail article

If you are going to refute what I say, please do so kindly and with some evidence.

Thanks in advance.
okay sir! questions for you:
Are YOU yourself making the turn safely? Should you not wait for the guy to clear first BEFORE you turn?
Sep 6, 2017
313 posts
161 upvotes
konsensei wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:58 am
okay sir! questions for you:
Are YOU yourself making the turn safely? Should you not wait for the guy to clear first BEFORE you turn?
defensive driving 101 courses needed.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
1231 posts
468 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bst wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 7:50 pm
Combination of a few things:
- Cammer drives a suv/pickup thus blocking BMW’s view
- Golf not anticipating cars may dart across (long distance between cammer and the cars in front is a telltale sign)
- BMW shouldn’t dart out without a clear view knowing he can’t see what’s behind Cammer’s Car

Sometimes I don’t bother leaving a courtesy gap knowing it may do more harm than good. Others probably thinks I’m rude but they don’t realize it avoided them of a dangerous situation.
The view wasn't really blocked since it's an off ramp with a nice gradient and you can see the traffic coming down the ramp. I cross the road here probably twice a day, it's impossible to block the view, even if you have a bus.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5520 posts
1522 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Didn't even realize it was the same poster as the school bus. Lol....
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4954 posts
1004 upvotes
Mississauga
What an idiot. It was only another 20 steps to get to the corner and then cross.

With that said, I have seen pedestrians do some crazy jaywalking especially when they are trying to catch a bus or streetcar. Far worse than this guy.
Jun 23, 2005
256 posts
27 upvotes
Hamilton
Nothing exciting, but I thought this wall of fog coming over the Burlington Skyway was neat this morning
❗
Apr 15, 2014
160 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto, ON
greybrick wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:30 am
What are you talking about? The driver making the u-turn had his signal on and made a perfectly legal turn.
He had his turn signal on, not u-turn signal.
Please respond

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

WolfByte, chimaican