Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2018 3:57 pm
Feb 19, 2012
895 posts
577 upvotes
Woodbridge
TicoGato wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:44 am
Drivers making U-Turns are the last group when it comes to right-of-way. Regardless of signage, and signalling, ultimately they must do it safely.

Here's a link to a Globe and Mail article

If you are going to refute what I say, please do so kindly and with some evidence.

Thanks in advance.
The article you cited contradicts your position. It literally states that making a u-turn in an intersection is perfectly legal in Ontario. There was no blind corner, hill or railway crossing that would make a u-turn dangerous. Moreover, you are not approaching traffic. The turn was perfectly legal according to the Globe and Mail article you cited. If there was any danger it was because you were following too close or driving carelessly.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
4822 posts
266 upvotes

This dude comes out of nowhere. Almost hit him
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
5631 posts
3397 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Oni-kun wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:03 am

This dude comes out of nowhere. Almost hit him
Hate it when folks can't walk another 10 meters to the intersection. Sometimes I wonder if I should give em a love tap and make em pay for a new bumper.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1102 posts
252 upvotes
London
What dash camera are you using? Night quality looks pretty good.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
7038 posts
3007 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
aeba7 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:35 am
Hate it when folks can't walk another 10 meters to the intersection. Sometimes I wonder if I should give em a love tap and make em pay for a new bumper.
Likely the other way around. They'd make you pay for a new leg.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1217 posts
359 upvotes
Toronto
canoek wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:31 am
The view wasn't really blocked since it's an off ramp with a nice gradient and you can see the traffic coming down the ramp. I cross the road here probably twice a day, it's impossible to block the view, even if you have a bus.
Agreed that you will be able to see the cars coming down the ramp. What the BMW won't see is when the Golf enters the left lane as the BMW was crossing the intersection already. The left lane opens pretty much level to the intersection and would be blocked by cammer's SUV/Pickup.

https://goo.gl/maps/Yqu3aJwKs542
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
5631 posts
3397 upvotes
Richmond Hill
chimaican wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:09 pm
Likely the other way around. They'd make you pay for a new leg.
Legs.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
4822 posts
266 upvotes
G1W-C. But it wasn't quite night time it was around 5pm.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
1587 posts
694 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bst wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:15 pm
Agreed that you will be able to see the cars coming down the ramp. What the BMW won't see is when the Golf enters the left lane as the BMW was crossing the intersection already. The left lane opens pretty much level to the intersection and would be blocked by cammer's SUV/Pickup.

https://goo.gl/maps/Yqu3aJwKs542
Correct, I didn't account for that.
Mar 5, 2006
971 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
Yup, super hate these.
It's understandable if you're very far from the intersection crossing, but idiots just loves weaving between cars to cross when they're like 1-2 cars length from the cross or they cuts corners just to save a few steps.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
7717 posts
3572 upvotes
Toronto
engineered wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:07 am
Wow, that's a pretty frustrating drive you have. I have a similar issue with people not knowing how to use right turn into a dedicated lane. So many people stop instead of driving in their lane.

That's like driving in Quebec. When the lights turn red they floor it to race through the intersection.

That's frustrating. Sometimes I wish I was driving a plow truck to deal with people like this.

You may have lifted off the gas causing the rear to slip out. In a FWD you should hit the gas and counter steer to straighten out, which it looks like you did. Do you have winter tires on all 4 wheels?

The ending was pure karma.

Darwinism at work.

Sadly it was still your friend's fault. He was on the wrong tires and following too closely. Car ahead was well within their rights to stop for a yellow.
How did the cops know they were a scammer? Maybe he was just agreeing with your friend to placate them?
fWD .. winter in rears and front. However the rear winters are a bit more work down than the front.

Yes I accelerated and counter steered
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4978 posts
1267 upvotes
Aurora
I bet the jaywalker guy is the type who complains about bad and inconsiderate drivers and cheers for pedestrian rights.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1728 posts
816 upvotes
chimaican wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:31 am
Didn't even realize it was the same poster as the school bus. Lol....
Yup, and one common theme in both video is that the poster is impatient. The only difference is that in the bus incident, he was legally okay to speed up and not allow the school bus to use that gap.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
566 upvotes
Near Toronto
konsensei wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:38 am
I think he meant: In order to make a U turn, you'd need to roll down your windows, poke out your arms, and make a circle sign (or draw an "U") in the air.
Most of the time, people would just use the left blinker, but why confuse the drivers behind with a blinker when you can just use your arm, like this. So much less confusing. Know what i mean? LOL
You forgot, you have to get out of your vehicle, get into the passenger side, twirl your arm, then get back into the driver seat then do your U-turn but ONLY if the person behind you says it's ok.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
4811 posts
877 upvotes
re: the u turn vid...im with the cammer driver...i think he did un unsafe uturn there at t intersection with car behind u...sure do it when theres NO cars around but not when a car is behind u ...i think its 70 % fault of u turning car if accident
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200