Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2024 5:51 pm
Jul 4, 2018
954 posts
822 upvotes
bauer223 wrote: I know this thread calls for dash cam only footage.

But this deserves to be seen.

Brampton never fails to lower the bar.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ontario/commen ... &context=3
Lmfao...

Im not gonna lie. Im not even upset about that. Would i have done the same thing in bumper to bumper traffic🤯🤯? Ive never thought about it before but those people gave me new ideas lolz Electric Light BulbElectric Light BulbElectric Light Bulb
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
bauer223 wrote: I know this thread calls for dash cam only footage.

But this deserves to be seen.

Brampton never fails to lower the bar.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ontario/commen ... &context=3
It's Brampton. Brampton mentality has already spread like a STD to neighbouring Vaughan & Mississauga.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Aug 13, 2011
770 posts
371 upvotes
Scarborough southwes…

As she is passing me on the side, she mouths "I STOPPED"
That's nice and all but I don't have a stop sign.
I wonder if that's what she will tell the cops when she gets t-boned one day.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1114 posts
1020 upvotes
MrMimizu wrote:

As she is passing me on the side, she mouths "I STOPPED"
That's nice and all but I don't have a stop sign.
I wonder if that's what she will tell the cops when she gets t-boned one day.
Plot twist, she can't talk. She's dead.
Don't forget to goo your attic!
May 4, 2017
211 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto

What happens when your auto hold doesn't work?
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
muratp wrote:

Or he forgot it was off, any damage?
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
blexann wrote: Or he forgot it was off, any damage?
If it was the auto hold.
IMO, stupid function.

My wife has that button, and when I first saw it, told my wife to never use such a stupid thing. Always apply pressure on the brake pedal or put the vehicle in park. Why? This exact reason. No way would I put my trust in that thing. One malfunction or just absent mindedness and the vehicle starts rolling, and if you don't notice, fender bender or worse.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33206 posts
21116 upvotes
Toronto
the guy never engaged the auto hold. The car has to come to a complete stop for like 2 seconds per se as brake pedal needed to be pressed down hard. I see the guy tap the brake to stop not even a second and let the car roll forward as he was pretty pre-occupied with the passenger.
Jul 4, 2018
954 posts
822 upvotes
I dont get why people feel the need for their vehicle to be so close to the rear end of the car that is in front.

People say they despise tailgating while driving and rightly so. But i also hate people that is super close to my rear end at a complete stop anywhere (stop sign, lights, traffic, etc).

I always try to make sure that at a minimum i can see the car in front of me it's rear tires on the pavement. Most of the time i leave at least a half car length when i am moving nowhere. Yes i understand sometimes in special circumstances where you cant help it but if you're in a straight line of sight, stay eff back. Why? Because it gives you some extra seconds to react if necessary.

Hightech features or failures or not. I dont want the person behind me being too close and potentially being distracted and causes unnecessary accident where it's a shit show wasting time like the above.
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1114 posts
1020 upvotes
muratp wrote:

How do neither of them realize they are rolling forward?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7664 posts
10947 upvotes
Scarbs
chimaican wrote: If it was the auto hold.
IMO, stupid function.

My wife has that button, and when I first saw it, told my wife to never use such a stupid thing. Always apply pressure on the brake pedal or put the vehicle in park. Why? This exact reason. No way would I put my trust in that thing. One malfunction or just absent mindedness and the vehicle starts rolling, and if you don't notice, fender bender or worse.
Agreed - i was test driving a car a while ago and the sales person was trying to tell me how great the brake hold feature was. Tried it once and thought, "nope - i trust my foot more. it's been doing a great job of hitting the brakes for the last 15 years."
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1114 posts
1020 upvotes
aeba7 wrote: Agreed - i was test driving a car a while ago and the sales person was trying to tell me how great the brake hold feature was. Tried it once and thought, "nope - i trust my foot more. it's been doing a great job of hitting the brakes for the last 15 years."
Car manufacturers must be running out of ideas because putting the vehicle in park does the same thing.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1666 posts
1438 upvotes
Toronto
Love auto-hold feature in cars - this was purely a result of a distracted driver and not the feature's issue. I'd argue that this could happen with or without auto-hold in cars. As @bobblehead said the Macan's auto-hold feature is enabled after the car is fully stopped and the user presses the brake pedal further to engage auto-hold.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23680 posts
5122 upvotes
Niagara Falls
bst wrote: Love auto-hold feature in cars - this was purely a result of a distracted driver and not the feature's issue. I'd argue that this could happen with or without auto-hold in cars. As @bobblehead said the Macan's auto-hold feature is enabled after the car is fully stopped and the user presses the brake pedal further to engage auto-hold.
Same with me. Since going EV and have regen do most of the braking, moving my foot over to the brake seems so archaic.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
magicskywhale wrote: Car accident at traffic lights when traffic lights are changing:
Oopsie. Turning car at fault.

Normally we say "too much sky", but in your case; "too much dash" Winking Face
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
magicskywhale wrote: Car accident at traffic lights when traffic lights are changing:
brutal left turn, was completely screened by the black suv
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)