Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2024 5:51 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2012
1132 posts
824 upvotes
Toronto
Being over taken by a scooter while driving ~70km/h.

Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1114 posts
1020 upvotes
Inclemental wrote: Being over taken by a scooter while driving ~70km/h.

1 decent sized pot hole and that guy is going to need new skin.
Don't forget to goo your attic!
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes

Yea if he hits a road imperfection, holes, large cracks ......

I also hope he understands other drivers will have a hard time seeing him - he's just blends into the background especially if it was cloudy. Like a pedestrian jaywalking and assuming they can be seen just because then can see other vehicles.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19624 posts
28393 upvotes
Vancouver
I've done that on a bicycle, going 70km/h passing cars on this road. You can build up quite a speed on that long downhill.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1114 posts
1020 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: I've done that on a bicycle, going 70km/h passing cars on this road. You can build up quite a speed on that long downhill.
How many gears do you have on that bike? lol. I top out at 30km/h on flat roads. With a steep hill, I could probably get to 40km/h.
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19624 posts
28393 upvotes
Vancouver
AtticGoo wrote: How many gears do you have on that bike? lol. I top out at 30km/h on flat roads. With a steep hill, I could probably get to 40km/h.
Big chainring is 52 teeth, small sprocket 12 teeth. That gives a speed of 67km/h when pedaling at 120rpm. My personal record is 82km/h, not on that road, but on a really steep rural road. At that speed, gravity was doing all the work.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2012
6942 posts
6062 upvotes
Oakville, ON
When I saw the title I almost didn’t watch because I saw “overtaken by scooter” and thought - meh, got passed by a Vespa, whatever. Watched it anyways and it was - wait for it, wait for it, wait for it —>>> OMG he meant THAT kind of scooter!
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4231 posts
1218 upvotes

OP stayed on right for slow traffic. He passed OP without signaling. Neither has a valid plate. Report..Report..Report
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10922 upvotes
Vancouver
Check out the car in the right lane cutting it pretty close to gain a few seconds.

Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1114 posts
1020 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: Check out the car in the right lane cutting it pretty close to gain a few seconds.

He wants to Seaworld.

Feb 2, 2014
504 posts
246 upvotes

I had a green light all the way up to the intersection stop line, and it turned yellow right as I entered the intersection. The other driver seemed completely oblivious to me, as if she didn't even see me.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
technocar2 wrote:

I had a green light all the way up to the intersection stop line, and it turned yellow right as I entered the intersection. The other driver seemed completely oblivious to me, as if she didn't even see me.
Should not be allowed on the road
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21239 posts
25703 upvotes
GTA
technocar2 wrote:

She was turning even before the yellow light. I've only seen ancient grandmas driving that awful Buick Encore.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6348 posts
6702 upvotes
Center of Canada

Does scooter need license?
Does scooter get insurance?

and when something happen, always blame other driver............
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6348 posts
6702 upvotes
Center of Canada
This is why need to drive slow and pay extra attention when driving around neighborhood

Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6348 posts
6702 upvotes
Center of Canada
AtticGoo wrote: Yeah. I agree. I shouldn't have to brake. If there is a gap, take it and get up to speed. Don't cut in front and go slow.
This is what make me mad when people cut in front than slow down instead of speed up, even there are room in front.
Look at that stupid Lexus
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
cheapshopper wrote: This is why need to drive slow and pay extra attention when driving around neighborhood

100%

Drivers doing 60/70....on streets where the limit is 30/40 - and that kid needs a lesson.

Assuming you don't have pre- collision braking? maybe not close enough for that
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6348 posts
6702 upvotes
Center of Canada
blexann wrote: 100%

Drivers doing 60/70....on streets where the limit is 30/40 - and that kid needs a lesson.

Assuming you don't have pre- collision braking? maybe not close enough for that
No, I don't have pre-collision braking.
Lucky I kind of see that kid on the driveway start run toward the road before he got completely blocked by the parked car. Is very very quick "peek" , like less than 0.5sec, and I happen to look at way.
Otherwise, it would be a much closer call.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21239 posts
25703 upvotes
GTA
OK, so this is a few min long but full of idiots who think they can just cheat and get ahead by using the emergency lane.
It starts of with seeing an F150 with a trailer from ATR Fence and Decks cutting through the on ramp.
Then some cheater try driving in the emergency lane. I saw them coming and blocked them. The crazy old lady in the Evoque had the audacity to honk at me, then squeezed by when I left a bit too much room. Hopefully she scratched her car on the barrier. And all that crazyness and I still caught up to her at the offramp exit. You can see her just at the end of the clip.
Then another idiot in the Ascent tries the same thing but didn't get by me.
You can see a Tesla and RAM truck try the same and give up.
In hind sight, maybe I should have just parked in front of the Evoque, pretending I had car problems. Would've trapped them for a few minutes at least.
The irony here is that the F150 cheats, then blocks other cheaters.
People do this here quite often. Tempted to throw nails there, but wouldn't want to get an innocent driver.
Should I report these idiots? Technically I could be guilty of the same offence, but obviously the intention is different.

List of cheaters on the QEW in Oakville, ON
BW21084 White Ford F150 branded ATR Fence & Decks www.atrfenceanddeck.com
CSHZ346 White Range Rover Evoque
CHZY199 Silver Subaru Ascent
White Tesla Model 3
White Dodge RAM

Image Image
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2003
5100 posts
718 upvotes
Ancaster

Road rage incident between minivan, student driver, and a third bystander. Happened a few weeks ago...didn't bother uploading until now

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)