Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 4:27 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4233 posts
1220 upvotes
Mostly normal in GTA especially in Brampton.

No left turns allowed in both directions - Lots of drivers are doing this on Stouville Road. Should have a cop there to enforce this. No one cares.

Car entering intersection on amber - flashing light means yielding.

Corolla almost hit bicycle - I dislike people not dismounting bicycle when crossing the road. And riding on pedestrian road and wrong direction (99%). There's bicycle lane pointing at the correct direction but he/she not looking for accident to occur. It is safer to be on the same direction as the traffic not what you see the traffic coming. Driving turning left are checking incoming traffic and it's dangerous for you to fly through lights from another direction.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Oct 13, 2017
30 posts
32 upvotes
Road Rage on DVP. The escalade guy was doing illegal pass in traffic, nissan kicks didn't let him pass, later he threw his ice coffee on him.

Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
I cant stand that stupid shit. That escalade guy should at the very least get a ticket for all of that.
bladerunner2049 wrote: Road Rage on DVP. The escalade guy was doing illegal pass in traffic, nissan kicks didn't let him pass, later he threw his ice coffee on him.

Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
bladerunner2049 wrote: Road Rage on DVP. The escalade guy was doing illegal pass in traffic, nissan kicks didn't let him pass, later he threw his ice coffee on him.

Might as well have some extra fun with this and submit it to TPS and then the cops can take a look at the SUV driving on the shoulder, doing an aggressive lane change, and finally road rage via littering. Slightly Smiling Face

Littering HTA s.180 Winking Face
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Oct 13, 2017
30 posts
32 upvotes
chimaican wrote: Might as well have some extra fun with this and submit it to TPS and then the cops can take a look at the SUV driving on the shoulder, doing an aggressive lane change, and finally road rage via littering. Slightly Smiling Face

Littering HTA s.180 Winking Face
haha may be I should, he was feeling so entitled in his gas guzzler that he even honked as well which I had muted because of my own commentary Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2010
1879 posts
1407 upvotes
Barrie ON
Elec2016 wrote: Just to be clear, you CAN pass with solid yellow line(s) though it's not recommended.
Although this is true in Ontario, we need to remember that RFD does have a few members who live in the remote areas of Canada, outside of Ontario , and the rules vary from province to province. LINK

On the other hand, passing on a solid white line(s) is not allowed. Generally speaking, yellow lines, like yellow speed limit signs, indicate caution, while white lines, like white speed limit signs, are mandatory.

Edit: It appears the the link I posted to the Globe and Mail site, is only visible to paid subscriber's. The following is a quote from the article.

"In every province except Ontario, the law bans crossing the solid double line to enter the oncoming lane. But in Ontario, the lines painted on the road are visual reminders to use extra caution when passing – unless there's a sign telling you not to cross them, according to the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP)."
Last edited by Rick007 on Aug 12th, 2023 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
2896 posts
2234 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
Rick007 wrote: Although this is true in Ontario, we need to remember that RFD does have a few members who live in the remote areas of Canada, outside of Ontario , and the rules vary from province to province. LINK

On the other hand, passing on a solid white line(s) is not allowed. Generally speaking, yellow lines, like yellow speed limit signs, indicate caution, while white lines, like white speed limit signs, are mandatory.
Source??
#1 - “Don’t irritate old people. The older they get, the less “Life in prison” is a deterrent."
#2 - Are you a Sexual Intellect? /S - What you post in this thread may determine that.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2010
1879 posts
1407 upvotes
Barrie ON
rcmpvet wrote: Source??
Since you are somewhere in Ontario, you can cross both white and yellow lines. The colors are only used to distinguish different parts of the road.
LINK to Ontario pavement markings
LINK to legality of crossing solid lines in Ontario (see Changing Lanes paragraph)

As I said in my previous post, the rules vary from province to province. Rather then researching the laws in each province, I consider driving. ca to be a reputable source. I believe that they blended/summarized the rules across Canada in this article. LINK

Hopefully that helps. Unless your question was regarding the color of road signs!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
2896 posts
2234 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
Rick007 wrote: Since you are somewhere in Ontario, you can cross both white and yellow lines. The colors are only used to distinguish different parts of the road.
LINK to Ontario pavement markings
LINK to legality of crossing solid lines in Ontario (see Changing Lanes paragraph)

As I said in my previous post, the rules vary from province to province. Rather then researching the laws in each province, I consider driving. ca to be a reputable source. I believe that they blended/summarized the rules across Canada in this article. LINK

Hopefully that helps. Unless your question was regarding the color of road signs!
I am aware of the provincial differences, I just wanted you to clarify your statement, the part I bolded since you mentioned Ontario, then in the next sentence you stated passing on a solid white was not allowed.

P.S. - I do not read links to news articles or Lawyers. I go direct to the applicable legislation. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
#1 - “Don’t irritate old people. The older they get, the less “Life in prison” is a deterrent."
#2 - Are you a Sexual Intellect? /S - What you post in this thread may determine that.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
Pick-Up trucks being pick-ups:
1) He's all over the place
2) Construction worker running the stop sign. This is almost like a daily occurrence.

Yes, you're changing lanes with a signal, but if you're signaling in my blind spot, I ain't gonna see it. Cutting it a bit close there buddy.

Stop sign? What stop sign?
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Aug 13, 2011
770 posts
371 upvotes
Scarborough southwes…
Why is it so hard to maintain your lane in an intersection?

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)