Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2018 10:09 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
2388 posts
1268 upvotes
Montreal
chimaican wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 9:04 am
And....? Just because I'm of Chinese ancestry it automatically means I can read/write Chinese or speak one of its dialects? :facepalm:

I hope you peeps are just goofing, or ignorance.
Note to self, no more joking with Chimaican.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
6750 posts
2534 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
jzmtl wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 12:29 pm
Note to self, no more joking with Chimaican.
If you're just goofing around, we cool. No worries, no problem.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1210 posts
468 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Irie man..Irie
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2015
1099 posts
343 upvotes
SaskBerta
Dustler6 wrote:
Mar 5th, 2018 10:16 am
Rule #1 should be check to see if you really did capture that video, just to make sure your SD card didnt get corrupted and it saved properly.
Yep. My dash cam fizzled out when I got hit in my Mercury,just happened not to be recording for some reason.

Luckily, the person behind me had a dash cam. (Turns out it was a good friend of mine too!).

I didn't tell the other driver about the footage, but did provide it to my insurance company (as well as two witnesses which I do know they called to get statements - I was there when my adjuster did it)

The other driver was trying to place me at fault, but the footage cleared my name. Now I always check my dashcam every time I start driving.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5446 posts
1611 upvotes
Any Montrealer who's a emergency vehicle nut knows which service this unmarked SUV is from?
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15867 posts
589 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Haven't posted in awhile, was bugged by someone on RFD to post so I was like ok. 2 videos...

First one we have here is double ragu? Is this a new thing for 2018? lol?

Second one not the greatest, but it's a cool trick that I know of that let's me get an advanced left turn despite me being 1 car while the other side a bunch of cars want to go straight. Is this a not good thing to do? Let me know, I rarely do it.
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
6750 posts
2534 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
33966 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2018 4:17 pm
Haven't posted in awhile, was bugged by someone on RFD to post so I was like ok. 2 videos...

First one we have here is double ragu? Is this a new thing for 2018? lol?
Looks like they realized they weren't going to make it through the intersection because of all the construction.

33966 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2018 4:17 pm
Second one not the greatest, but it's a cool trick that I know of that let's me get an advanced left turn despite me being 1 car while the other side a bunch of cars want to go straight. Is this a not good thing to do? Let me know, I rarely do it.
Some intersections have their weight sensors installed further back so that the filter doesn't activate unless there is a line of traffic. It allows better flow of traffic without needlessly activating the advance turn for one car and wasting seconds for the time cycle for the main flow. That said, if you have this knowledge, might as well use it.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5446 posts
1611 upvotes
chimaican wrote:
Mar 8th, 2018 4:39 pm
Some intersections have their weight sensors installed further back so that the filter doesn't activate unless there is a line of traffic. It allows better flow of traffic without needlessly activating the advance turn for one car and wasting seconds for the time cycle for the main flow. That said, if you have this knowledge, might as well use it.
Ditto. Also, if the sensor is smart enough to know if there's a lineup, it should also be smart enough to turn off the advance light once there are no more cars. So, it doesn't actually waste anyone's time.
I use that trick whenever I know for a fact the sensor works that way. That, or I just run the red light. But you didn't read that here! Why should I be penalized just because I'm alone? The advance green lasts 5 seconds if I'm alone.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
2724 posts
934 upvotes
WHO wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 8:07 pm
Any Montrealer who's a emergency vehicle nut knows which service this unmarked SUV is from?
I know that SAAQ uses unmarked cars they have only red flashers, unlike police who have blue and red , the officer seems to wear the SAAQ uniform
Nov 18, 2017
90 posts
48 upvotes
chimaican wrote:
Mar 8th, 2018 4:39 pm
Be careful, I've been pulled over for this move, got a warning from cop
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
6750 posts
2534 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
zeenon wrote:
Mar 8th, 2018 8:05 pm
Be careful, I've been pulled over for this move, got a warning from cop
What was the warning? Stopping too far back from the stop line? Lol... sure there isn't a law against that.

Heck, I see Young Drivers of Canada teaching their students that all the time.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5446 posts
1611 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote:
Mar 8th, 2018 6:28 pm
I know that SAAQ uses unmarked cars they have only red flashers, unlike police who have blue and red , the officer seems to wear the SAAQ uniform
I had a hunch that's what it was. But this is the first time I see one of those unmarked vehicles in Montreal. Thanks for sharing your thought!
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
2724 posts
934 upvotes
WHO wrote:
Mar 8th, 2018 8:18 pm
I had a hunch that's what it was. But this is the first time I see one of those unmarked vehicles in Montreal. Thanks for sharing your thought!
I wonder why a SAAQ officer would pull over a "private" car and make it towed... Unsafe car on the road??

once I saw on the 30 highway a white Corolla, unmarked car pulling over a driver, and the ''officer'' who came out of the Corolla was dressed with bermudas, t-shirt and had flip flops in his feets, no joke... wish I had my dashcam at that time to post this here... I think I wouldn't pulled over if it was me...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5446 posts
1611 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 11:35 am
I wonder why a SAAQ officer would pull over a "private" car and make it towed... Unsafe car on the road??

once I saw on the 30 highway a white Corolla, unmarked car pulling over a driver, and the ''officer'' who came out of the Corolla was dressed with bermudas, t-shirt and had flip flops in his feets, no joke... wish I had my dashcam at that time to post this here... I think I wouldn't pulled over if it was me...
Yeah, they do have the authority to pull over private cars, but it's not something you see often as their main target are commercial fleet, especially big rigs. In Montreal, you would only see them on Pie-IX (rte 125), Sherbrooke (rte 138), St-Denis, etc (roads that are actually provincial jurisdiction). But, I'm with you, I wouldn't pull over to an unmarked car with an unidentified driver. I would call 911 to let them know a fake cop was trying to pull me over.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
2388 posts
1268 upvotes
Montreal
Maybe the car broke down and is getting towed anyway, he's just staying there for visibility.