Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2024 5:51 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
GunnerX wrote: Standard "must be in front" move. I think their car blows up if their at the back.
It's a Hyundai: the engine blows up if in the front, tne back, the sides, in drive, in reverse, in park, if outdoors or in the garage. Fire
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Dec 27, 2017
451 posts
459 upvotes
blexann wrote: I never mess with 18 wheelers - never. I would have eased off a while ago and let him merge
I reserve judgement until I can see what's happening behind the driver. The transport truck should have merged long before the lane begins to narrow, and the drivers behind the OP should have backed off to let them in.

I can't tell from the video if the OP was pinching off the transport truck by driving close to the vehicle in front of them or if the transport truck decided eff it I'm jumping another car. But I would say that he did give space for the truck to merge in.

Cue the flame wars about lanes closing, zipper merge, driving etiquette, etc, etc.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
jgaleazza wrote: I reserve judgement until I can see what's happening behind the driver. The transport truck should have merged long before the lane begins to narrow, and the drivers behind the OP should have backed off to let them in.

I can't tell from the video if the OP was pinching off the transport truck by driving close to the vehicle in front of them or if the transport truck decided eff it I'm jumping another car. But I would say that he did give space for the truck to merge in.

Cue the flame wars about lanes closing, zipper merge, driving etiquette, etc, etc.
Agree.

It's why I dual dashcams
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33206 posts
21116 upvotes
Toronto
valve wrote: Actually, it does. From the HTA:

Traffic control stop and slow signs

146.1 (1) A traffic control person on a roadway or adjacent to a roadway where construction or maintenance work is being carried out may display a traffic control stop or slow sign. 2005, c. 26, Sched. A, s. 23.

Same – firefighters

(2) A firefighter on a roadway or adjacent to a roadway where an accident has occurred may display a traffic control stop or slow sign. 2005, c. 26, Sched. A, s. 23.

Driver required to stop

(3) Where a traffic control person or firefighter displays a traffic control stop sign, the driver of any vehicle or street car approaching the person shall stop before reaching him or her and shall not proceed until the traffic control person or firefighter stops displaying the traffic control stop sign. 2005, c. 26, Sched. A, s. 23.

Driver required to slow down

(4) Where a traffic control person or firefighter displays a traffic control slow sign, the driver of any vehicle or street car approaching the person shall approach the person and proceed past him or her and past the construction or maintenance work or scene of an accident with caution and at a slow rate of speed so as not to endanger any person or vehicle on or adjacent to the roadway. 2005, c. 26, Sched. A, s. 23.

Where:

“traffic control person” means a person who is directing traffic and,

(a) is employed by,

(i) the road authority with jurisdiction over the highway,

(ii) a public utility within the meaning of the Public Utilities Act or the Municipal Act, 2001,

(iii) a transmitter or distributor within the meaning of the Electricity Act, 1998, or

(iv) a person under contract with the road authority, public utility, transmitter or distributor to do construction or maintenance work on or adjacent to the roadway, or

(b) is employed by or under contract with a person who has been issued a permit or written authorization by the road authority with jurisdiction over the highway to occupy a lane or a portion of a highway in order to undertake work on or adjacent to the highway. (“agent de régulation de la circulation”) 2005, c. 26, Sched. A, s. 23.
I know it is in HTA.

I am saying the traffic control person cannot simply jumped out from the coming traffic and did what he did (especially opposite traffic is flowing)

I have seen many construction sites with the traffic control people do exercise a bit more cautions with traffic before put up their signage. That is the proper way, in my view.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8512 posts
11707 upvotes
GTA
booblehead wrote: I know it is in HTA.

I am saying the traffic control person cannot simply jumped out from the coming traffic and did what he did (especially opposite traffic is flowing)

I have seen many construction sites with the traffic control people do exercise a bit more cautions with traffic before put up their signage. That is the proper way, in my view.
He was already on the road with the stop sign before the dumb driver even started to turn. He only move to block the driver when he was ignored. Pause the video at the very beginning.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
tew wrote: He was already on the road with the stop sign before the dumb driver even started to turn. He only move to block the driver when he was ignored. Pause the video at the very beginning.
I may have already deleted the original recording, but yes, he was standing there prior to the van making it's turn. I chose to cut the video short for efficiency, but yes, the traffic control guy was there. It was the van driver who was being inattentive.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
This guy must be related. He looked so confused and annoyed at the same time when the Camry beside gestured him to get out of the way.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
2892 posts
2228 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
iSimple wrote: Not my video

Never take your standard transmission vehicle to Toyota of Rockwall, TX.
#1 - “Don’t irritate old people. The older they get, the less “Life in prison” is a deterrent."
#2 - Are you a Sexual Intellect? /S - What you post in this thread may determine that.
Apr 4, 2023
38 posts
39 upvotes
Matrixvibe wrote: This guy must be related. He looked so confused and annoyed at the same time when the Camry beside gestured him to get out of the way.
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing it. Upvoted.
Jun 14, 2009
717 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
Clearly not my video but it seems like based on the police statement, they’re not doing any thing further? *shrugs, not surprising* - would hv thought they’d at least try to identify based on the vehicle Eg not much diff from hit and run when they try to identify
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2023/09/14/ ... d-rage/Yes
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
4941 posts
5713 upvotes
HMHSTK wrote: Clearly not my video but it seems like based on the police statement, they’re not doing any thing further? *shrugs, not surprising* - would hv thought they’d at least try to identify based on the vehicle Eg not much diff from hit and run when they try to identify
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2023/09/14/ ... d-rage/Yes
You may be referring to this post. Road rage in the GTA just going to get worse.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2023/09/14/ ... road-rage/?

Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
jmc111 wrote: You may be referring to this post. Road rage in the GTA just going to get worse.
Too many idiots on the road who need to go back to driving school for remediation. That being said, a lot of idiots also need to calm down. If it comes to this, their licences should automatically be medically suspended as there is something wrong with them psychologically if they have to escalate to violence. It would be safer for the rest of us, since it's these drivers who are adding to the roads being more dangerous.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
AtticGoo wrote:
hmm, not that bad tbh unless there was something else
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1114 posts
1020 upvotes
blexann wrote: hmm, not that bad tbh unless there was something else
You watched until the end right? I did have to brake aggressively and I slowed down from 40km/h to 30km/h. After he tried to cut in front of the truck, failed, and then had his blinker on and lots of time to change lanes when I gave him space the first time, he waited until I began to close the gap before finally changing lanes, and then he leaves his signal on and cuts me off (again).

When I honked my horn, I saw him yelling through his driver side mirror. What a tool.
Don't forget to goo your attic!
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
blexann wrote: hmm, not that bad tbh unless there was something else
maybe just me but I can see what he's trying to do, I would just let him in. It's bumper to bumper traffic if I see a driver signaling I won't close the gap
Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1114 posts
1020 upvotes
blexann wrote: maybe just me but I can see what he's trying to do, I would just let him in. It's bumper to bumper traffic if I see a driver signaling I won't close the gap
You saw him with his signal on the first time? For a long time he stayed next to the truck and only changed lanes once the gap between me and the truck was closing. He left his signal on, I had no idea of knowing if he just forgot or if he's going take forever to change lanes again. So I followed the truck, and he forced his way in. If his exit is yonge st, he shouldn't be in the left lane as he approaches that exit.
Last edited by AtticGoo on Sep 18th, 2023 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't forget to goo your attic!
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
AtticGoo wrote:
You mean the first time he had the right indicator from the 0:09s mark or the 2nd time he also had his right indicator on for pretty much the entire time? Watching the video from start to stop, my assumption was he wanted to make his way all the way over the right lane. I would have left an opening with the assumption he wanted over.
And did you expect him to shove himself in front of the 18-wheeler with that minimal gap and into the truck driver's blind-spot?
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)