Automotive

[Merged] Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! [Your Dash Cam ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2018 8:14 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
6406 posts
2117 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Totally NOT my video... so I apologize for breaking the thread rules.

I saw this on Facebook and found the YouTube link. According to the description from the OP, looks like it happened in Flushing, New York. Someone steps into a parking spot as OP is pulling in preventing OP from parking.

Link to YouTube video

*edit*
Sorry, decided to remove the embedded video because the OP uses quite a few swear words which violates RFD rules.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
5355 posts
2874 upvotes
Richmond Hill
chimaican wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 9:44 pm

I saw this on Facebook and found the YouTube link. According to the description from the OP, looks like it happened in Flushing, New York. Someone steps into a parking spot as OP is pulling in preventing OP from parking.

Link to YouTube video

*edit*
Sorry, decided to remove the embedded video because the OP uses quite a few swear words which violates RFD rules.
Basically begging for racing stripes lol
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
6406 posts
2117 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
aeba7 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 9:50 pm
I don't get that reference. I guess I'm too old. Lol

Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
7009 posts
839 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote:

Link to YouTube video

*edit*
That C lai doe, it was also posted on LiveLeak. My cumpare showed me https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CGgGw_1520795563
Jan 16, 2016
920 posts
476 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
chimaican wrote:

Link to YouTube video

*edit*
aeba7 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 9:50 pm
chimaican wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 9:52 pm
I don't get that reference. I guess I'm too old. Lol
Begging to get their car keyed after they leave is what he meant. And tbh I would have done the same. F**k people like this.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
2997 posts
2469 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chimaican wrote:

Link to YouTube video

*edit*
I believe that's IKEA parking lot in Flushing NY.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
2997 posts
2469 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Not my video but it shows even luxury stealerships use every opportunity to screw the customer. Mississauga MB.

Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
2170 posts
1461 upvotes
canoek wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 2:23 pm
That's just terrible. How could you possibly get into this accident.
One was a self-driving car running Windows 10, and there was a forced update-reboot just at the wrong moment.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3779 posts
1551 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote:

Link to YouTube video

*edit*
The end of that video is infuriating - the guy let them win and gave them the spot!

I once had the exact same thing happen to me at Pacific Mall when my wife and I were going to get screen protectors for our iPhones. I was signaling to pull into a spot and a girl jumped out of a car on the other side of the lane, ran through the spot and stood there to prevent me from turning in. Then her father drove around behind me and started honking and yelling that it was his spot and that he was there first. My wife and I argued with them for a bit, but couldn't get our point across, so I told her to just run in and get our phones done while I stayed in the car, halfway into the spot. I thought I had won, but the man pulled his car right up to my bumper and parked it there, effectively blocking me in. When my wife came back out, she got pissed at me for escalating the issue to the point that we were now unable to leave. She ended up getting security, but they were useless and stood around debating whether to have the car towed. My wife ended up having to go in and get us takeout from the food court and we had to eat in our car until the jerk and his daughter came back. They actually had the balls to argue with security and tried to put the blame on me before jumping into their car and driving off.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2011
4056 posts
595 upvotes
GTA
pintobean wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:43 pm
The end of that video is infuriating - the guy let them win and gave them the spot!

I once had the exact same thing happen to me at Pacific Mall when my wife and I were going to get screen protectors for our iPhones. I was signaling to pull into a spot and a girl jumped out of a car on the other side of the lane, ran through the spot and stood there to prevent me from turning in. Then her father drove around behind me and started honking and yelling that it was his spot and that he was there first. My wife and I argued with them for a bit, but couldn't get our point across, so I told her to just run in and get our phones done while I stayed in the car, halfway into the spot. I thought I had won, but the man pulled his car right up to my bumper and parked it there, effectively blocking me in. When my wife came back out, she got pissed at me for escalating the issue to the point that we were now unable to leave. She ended up getting security, but they were useless and stood around debating whether to have the car towed. My wife ended up having to go in and get us takeout from the food court and we had to eat in our car until the jerk and his daughter came back. They actually had the balls to argue with security and tried to put the blame on me before jumping into their car and driving off.
Why would you feel humiliated? It's them acting like and being treated like animal.

Next time, take out your phone, tell them they are getting famous, and park elsewhere.

I always find parking further away, I consider the extra steps as healtheir lifestyle.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16796 posts
1312 upvotes
Woodbridge
chimaican wrote:

Link to YouTube video

*edit*
No flipping way. LOL

I'm watching THE MICK and pretty much the same situation happened but it ended up in a brawl. LOL
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Dec 20, 2015
830 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto, ON
er34er34 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:27 pm
Not my video but it shows even luxury stealerships use every opportunity to screw the customer. Mississauga MB.

Almost every shop does this, I honestly don't find it amusing or won't pin MB of Mississauga for their behavior. Even Indy shops use customer cars to pick up or drop off clients.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
6406 posts
2117 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
pintobean wrote:

I would have called the cops

Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
2997 posts
2469 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lamboman wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 7:04 am
Almost every shop does this, I honestly don't find it amusing or won't pin MB of Mississauga for their behavior. Even Indy shops use customer cars to pick up or drop off clients.
Pick up and drop off clients? You mean the technicians buying ice cream with the customer's car?
Dec 20, 2015
830 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto, ON
pintobean wrote:

Very similar instance happened to me at Pac Mall as well, but the funny thing is I was already halfway into the parking lot and someone ran in front of me telling me they "saw" the parking lot first..lol I laughed and parked the car but they side parked me on the back leaving me no room to get out. I got back and find their car blocking mine. One of my buddies is a tow truck driver in Scarborough, so I called him and he towed the car away. I guess he contacted the mall administration to inform them what happened. But anyways, the douche got charged for towing cost.

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (6 members and 2 guests)

Londonbrewer, KellyM133398, GTFO, chimaican, chriscabob, 6mthatch