Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2024 5:51 pm
Sep 19, 2013
958 posts
875 upvotes
Toronto
akide wrote: Driving home this evening Sept 27th 2023, 7:43pm on Northbound 404, just before Sheppard Ave E, I see a Toyota Rav4 to the left of me signaling into a guardrail. Sure enough he takes the guardrail LOL.

Peak GTA driving lmfao, also guardrail's fault for not letting him merge
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17817 upvotes
GTA, ON
A few today:

This one is boring.... elderly guy takes a long time to cross the road and the two cars don't know what to do. I know I muted the video (sorry, having a conversation with wifey), but the SUV ended up honking the guy. Inappropriate considering the guy can't exactly go any faster.

Keep an eye on the middle median: guy turns left out of gas station and I don't know if they over corrected, but nearly takes out the white car.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1114 posts
1020 upvotes
chimaican wrote: Keep an eye on the middle median: guy turns left out of gas station and I don't know if they over corrected, but nearly takes out the white car.
I think he was trying to send a message to the white car for using the middle lane as an express lane to their left turn lane.
Don't forget to goo your attic!
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2005
16176 posts
289 upvotes
Kingston, ON
We were on the way back to our hotel in Levis, QC after visiting the waterfall in Charny, QC.

Notice that the very next car on the right does exactly the same thing as the previous car. Looks like a honeypot intersection for the local PD.

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be wasted.
Red Green
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17817 upvotes
GTA, ON
You need to secure your dash cam tighter to the windshield. It's vibrating badly. Try using felt in-between the cam and the holder so it doesn't vibrate.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2005
16176 posts
289 upvotes
Kingston, ON
chimaican wrote: You need to secure your dash cam tighter to the windshield. It's vibrating badly. Try using felt in-between the cam and the holder so it doesn't vibrate.
Yeah a hard stop last week cracked the holder when my glasses case hit it. I'm working on it but I haven't found a good solution yet. I'll see if I can dig up some felt or something.

I have it under my mirror because I got sick and tired of it falling off the windshield at random times.
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be wasted.
Red Green
May 31, 2008
525 posts
1033 upvotes
GTA area
Ttn545 wrote: Cyclists ... they are the exception to any rules/laws.

My question is did you slowly turn your dashcam to get the cyclist (less likely, the move was too smooth) or did you slowly turned right "in a left turn lane" as if you would like to change lanes. The driver in front of you seemed quite uncomfortable with your move, s/he move ahead twice to give you more space to change lanes, I mean that's what any driver would think. Also I suppose nothing was coming in your right lane.

Would have been interesting to see the rear dashcam video of the driver in front of you with their comments ...
Sorry, for the delay in replying. Yes, the zoom and pan to the right (and the arrow pointing at the guy) were accomplished by software. That's why the timestamp (and hood of my car) disappears at the very beginning. The basic software is called Clipchamp and is included in Windows.

Normally I wouldn't bother to use software but since I was pretty far back from the light I figured it might be difficult to see the guy. I'm actually about 1/2 to a full car length behind the car in front of me and stayed in the left lane the whole time.
May 26, 2016
224 posts
260 upvotes
devilsadvocate wrote: Sorry, for the delay in replying. Yes, the zoom and pan to the right (and the arrow pointing at the guy) were accomplished by software. That's why the timestamp (and hood of my car) disappears at the very beginning. The basic software is called Clipchamp and is included in Windows.

Normally I wouldn't bother to use software but since I was pretty far back from the light I figured it might be difficult to see the guy. I'm actually about 1/2 to a full car length behind the car in front of me and stayed in the left lane the whole time.

From the video it was one of the 2 options so I asked and ... I got some "smart feedback". Now that I took a better look yes, it make sense (software), my mistake.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2005
1117 posts
318 upvotes

Too bad the dashcam didn't get a clear shot of the driver. Only passenger and licence plate. Submitted a report online.
Jun 14, 2009
717 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
HMHSTK wrote: I traverse the HOV lanes heading to Brampton and I always have footages of impatient drivers tailgating me and then improperly overtaking outside the designated areas of the HOV. If I get the time I’ll make it a collection LOL

So far it’s the ho hum variety where they go prolly to 140kmh (or even faster) to overtake… just waiting for a miscalculation on their end where they either end up sideswiping the barriers or losing control of their vehicles — dunno why the rush. I’ve seen a merc actually lose control bec his rear wheel seemed to have given in and veer all the way from the HOV all the way to the other side of the road… was coming from the airport taki ng the airport limo back. Obviously it caused a huge mess a few seconds after.
Sheesh didn’t even take a week… everyday… injured or charged both lose, and I as a road user lose too due to delays, etc etc Face With Look Of Triumph… this time motorcyclist was victim, other times they’re the culprit. I’ve had both on dashcam- no win situation for me other than protect myself with my kid on these drives, non HOV is worst actually
https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/motorc ... -1.6586444
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17817 upvotes
GTA, ON
HMHSTK wrote: Sheesh didn’t even take a week… everyday… injured or charged both lose, and I as a road user lose too due to delays, etc etc Face With Look Of Triumph… this time motorcyclist was victim, other times they’re the culprit. I’ve had both on dashcam- no win situation for me other than protect myself with my kid on these drives, non HOV is worst actually
https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/motorc ... -1.6586444
Brampton & Mississauga (Peel)... some of the worst drivers. No surprises here.
Bad driving has spread east of there into Vaughan.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4231 posts
1218 upvotes
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12708 posts
6222 upvotes
BengaliPrince wrote: Guy had crazy road rage today

Switches lanes without checking his blindspots and thinks I intentionally did not let him switch lanes or something and went crazy

00:11 No Blindspot Check
00:34 Middle Finger
00:58 Brake Check
1:19 Car Info
If I had seen a signal like I would have let him, but that's me however... what he did starting with the finger, swerving to get you on the shoulder was absolutely insane.
Glad that he was reported, he needs to be taken of the road.
Last edited by bobcat99 on Oct 8th, 2023 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 15, 2020
236 posts
275 upvotes

Switches lanes without checking his blindspots and thinks I intentionally did not let him switch lanes or something and went crazy

Technically he didn't even brake check you (brake lights never went on), he just did an improper lane change/swerved into you. Your driving style is on the aggressive side imho.

Usually in high-tension situations like this and it seemed like you were willing to engage with him/her, I recommend checking the mirrors frequently to monitor the vehicle in question.

00:31: you rightly accelerated to catch up to the car in front and blocked any potentially dangerous undertakes.

00:40: Not sure why you gave up on the box formation, I would have held it until the next opportunity presents itself ahead.

00:48: Not sure why you gave up on this box formation either.

00:54: you should probably accelerate here to catch up to the car in front to block the upcoming undertake.

00:58 now this is very optional if you don't want to hurt car, but this is the perfect point for a PIT, just saying. At its current move, you will nudge his/her rear left quarter and rotate the Elantra headfirst into the center divider, bonus points if it rolls, Highly recommend you look up PIT videos on YT.

01:00 continuing to drive on the shoulder is not recommended simply due to the risks to your tires/losing control due to non-uniform surfaces.

01:03 See the point about continuing the drive on the shoulder. You had to deal with junk on the road, drain covers, narrowing sections. And if he/she do decide to squeeze you into the wall, you have much less room to PIT and avoid extensive side damage. Worst case, you hit the wall while they get away scott free.

Unfortunately in this day and age, new cars, used cars, repair parts and costs are way too expensive to do much in this case other than back off. Still, drive defensely, be assertive if offense is the best defense (PIT), drive to survive. Good luck!

Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7664 posts
10948 upvotes
Scarbs
Ehh it looks like he sped up to block someone from zipper merging, and then sped up again to block another from changing lanes. Whole thing could've been avoided with a little bit of courtesy and/or defensive driving
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Sep 15, 2020
236 posts
275 upvotes
aeba7 wrote: Ehh it looks like he sped up to block someone from zipper merging, and then sped up again to block another from changing lanes. Whole thing could've been avoided with a little bit of courtesy and/or defensive driving
Yup! You play these games, expect someone to play it back.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2011
2361 posts
3004 upvotes

You and the other driver are both crazy.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2005
1117 posts
318 upvotes

Dude is shaking his head at me.

If you're my neighbour, stay in your lane bro. Lines were just painted last week for fools like you.
Dec 27, 2017
451 posts
459 upvotes
aeba7 wrote: Ehh it looks like he sped up to block someone from zipper merging, and then sped up again to block another from changing lanes. Whole thing could've been avoided with a little bit of courtesy and/or defensive driving
Glad I'm not the only one who saw this. The road rager is 100% bonkers for going overboard like that over a simple lane change. Makes me wonder if there were incidents prior to this one that made the rager so angry.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)